Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Can they realistically afford to sign Hardy to a long term deal at some point this year or next offseason?

Gregory/Hardy combo for a few years could be lethal.

Reaction score
I'm sure they can move money around and do whatever. Plus I think by releasing Carr and maybe others they can make money.

But I wouldn't expect what we saw last Sunday to be the norm. Impossible for a DE to be that dominant. Plus Hardy had a far less of an impact after the half.

Reaction score
You know there's obviously exceptions but the NFL & rules are so geared to offense, I'm not sure if I'd break the bank for a defender. We had a hell of a pass rush on Sunday and still gave up 30.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we dump Carr and rid ourselves of his ridiculous contract we would have room. He is the third highest paid guy on our team behind Romo and Dez. That's complete BS. He's not worth half of what he's getting.

Either dump him or majorly restructure his contract. Especially if he's gonna keep missing tackles to lose is games

He's getting paid Revis Island money and he's nowhere near his class of player

Take Carrs money and sign Hardy

Done deal

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Sorry
Carr is actually fourth
Romo is first Tyrone Smith is second, Dez is third and Carr is fourth
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445037197.905573.jpg

I don't know why they thought Carr was the best thing since sliced bread to cause them to pay him that insane amount of money

But he needs to go or restructure at the very least

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Carr's yearly salary is 10mil before incentives

He's not even worth half that

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Plus Hardy had a far less of an impact after the half.
They started chipping him a bit with the TE, but I think most of Hardy's 2nd half problem was conditioning. Time will tell how he does once he is in shape.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They started chipping him a bit with the TE, but I think most of Hardy's 2nd half problem was conditioning. Time will tell how he does once he is in shape.

You are correct
They had Gronk helping out with Hardy which is great because it takes him away from being a playmaker

If it takes Gronk out of the play I'll take that all day long even if Hardy doesn't record another sack if he is pulling a big time threat away from their O to help block then he's doing his job

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
If it takes Gronk out of the play I'll take that all day long even if Hardy doesn't record another sack if he is pulling a big time threat away from their O to help block then he's doing his job
They're only using the TE to chip a bit, on his way out into the secondary. He's not sitting there just double teaming the DE. It's just a little chip shot inside, then right out into the pattern.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It was enough to hold his yards down

He only had 4 receptions for 67 yards. Half of that came on one 33 yarder. That's a low game for him.

So it helped keep him from dominating like he usually does

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It was enough to hold his yards down

He only had 4 receptions for 67 yards. Half of that came on one 33 yarder. That's a low game for him.

So it helped keep him from dominating like he usually does
It had nothing to do with Hardy. It had to do with much easier and better pickings against our inept secondary.

Gronk isn't in every game plan as a major contributor. No TE is, always. Otherwise he would have been killing us in the first half when he wasn't also chipping.

See? Mindless fandom strikes again. The TE chipping (it wasn't always Gronk doing it either) does not in any way hamper them getting out into the pass lanes. It's just a quick pop to the inside, on the way out. Witten does it all the time.

If Whisperin Bill wanted to make Gronk the leading receiver that day, Gronk would have been the leading receiver that day, chipping or not.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
At this point I would be against any long term deal for Hardy.

I need a little more time to see if we can trust him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
May have posted this already, but on the postgame show last week -- I guess they were looking for anything positive to talk about after that game -- Ben Rogers said he saw Jerry and Hardy being extremely chummy in the locker room, laughing and backslapping like they were best buds. Also said he thinks from what he hears that Hardy appreciated Jerry taking a chance on him and he likes it here, so he thought there was a good chance Hardy re-signs here.

Bad news about that if you ask me is that Jerry is making this another Pacman/Tank Johnson personal reclamation project. And we know how well it works out when the players are best buds with Owner Jerry.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm a Hardy fan, but even I'm against a long term deal at this time. As mentioned above he needs to prove that he's not going to self implode off the field. Now if he performs well the rest of the season and stays out of the media and out of trouble then we can look at extending his contract. But it does us no good if we sign him to a longer contract if he's going to screw up and get suspended again.

I just hope his success (if it continues) doesn't go to his head and cause him to do something stupid this season

So far it looks like the talk from the coaches has helped. His last interview went much better than his first one! When asked about his personal success with his sacks in the Pats game he deflected the question and said it didn't matter because we didn't get the win. So he seems to be trying to be a better team player. At least so far. lol

Bluenoser

In the Rotation
Reaction score
It had nothing to do with Hardy. It had to do with much easier and better pickings against our inept secondary.

Gronk isn't in every game plan as a major contributor. No TE is, always. Otherwise he would have been killing us in the first half when he wasn't also chipping.

See? Mindless fandom strikes again. The TE chipping (it wasn't always Gronk doing it either) does not in any way hamper them getting out into the pass lanes. It's just a quick pop to the inside, on the way out. Witten does it all the time.

If Whisperin Bill wanted to make Gronk the leading receiver that day, Gronk would have been the leading receiver that day, chipping or not.
Gronk got taken away by Jones and the pass rush in the first half. In the 2nd he had that big 33 yard catch then had another 15-20 on the next pick play. Jones did a good job and deserves to get more playing time. Tom threw for 275 yards 60 were on Edlemans pick play. I look forward to the rematch

Top Bottom