touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
James S. Ellenson, the lawyer for the family of the 6 year old has released a statement.

Apparently the 6 year old has intellectual and behavioral disabilities. I don't know if his special education was for him alone, or if the entire class he was in was a "special education" class. But the child was in a very rare “individualized education program” or IEP, which is provided to students with disabilities under federal law.

Regarding the disability, the family said the boy “was under a care plan at the school that included his mother or father attending school with him and accompanying him to class every day.”

But for whatever reasons, there was no parent with the child the day of the shooting. And... get this...

The superintendent of Newport News schools revealed last week that Richneck administrators had learned the child may have had a weapon before the shooting. But a search did not find the handgun, despite staff looking through his bag.

Ellenson told The Associated Press by phone Thursday evening that his understanding is that the gun was in the mother’s closet on a top shelf that was well over six feet high. The weapon also had a trigger lock that requires a key, similar to a bike lock.

I think is room here for many lawsuits from the parents of students that witnessed this shooting, against the school district.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
James S. Ellenson, the lawyer for the family of the 6 year old has released a statement.

Apparently the 6 year old has intellectual and behavioral disabilities. I don't know if his special education was for him alone, or if the entire class he was in was a "special education" class. But the child was in a very rare “individualized education program” or IEP, which is provided to students with disabilities under federal law.

Regarding the disability, the family said the boy “was under a care plan at the school that included his mother or father attending school with him and accompanying him to class every day.”

But for whatever reasons, there was no parent with the child the day of the shooting. And... get this...

The superintendent of Newport News schools revealed last week that Richneck administrators had learned the child may have had a weapon before the shooting. But a search did not find the handgun, despite staff looking through his bag.

Ellenson told The Associated Press by phone Thursday evening that his understanding is that the gun was in the mother’s closet on a top shelf that was well over six feet high. The weapon also had a trigger lock that requires a key, similar to a bike lock.

I think is room here for many lawsuits from the parents of students that witnessed this shooting, against the school district.

None of this makes sense and, as always, if it doesn't make sense something just isn't true. There's a crisis today in our schools with kids who are not acclimated to normal society. My humble opinion is that doctors are prescribing meds to kids at a young age and the meds fuck them up even more. This child had an "intellectual and behavioral" disabilities. I'd be willing to bet that the parents have issues themselves that contributed to this child's development.

I had young kids and guns in my home. I can't fathom that a 6 year old would get a hold of a secured and out of reach weapon without some negligence of the parents. People can sue the parents but they probably don't have insurance or a pot to piss in so the taxpayers will foot the bill. I also don't believe the teachers searched the 6 year old. You're telling me that a 6 year old with developmental issues is smart enough to conceal a weapon where teachers can't find it? And they knew the kid had a weapon probably because the child showed it to his friends.

Just another example of our society being fucked. I have friends who are teachers and they have kids starting school who aren't potty trained and still wearing diapers at 5 and 6 years pf age. Follow the bread crumbs to the dysfunctional parents and you'll get all the answers you need.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a mind set in society today where these cretins are not held accountable for any of their acctions. There are no consequences so their decision making process doesn't factor in any of the negative consequences. Keep having kids when you can't afford them? No problem, responsible members of society will pay for your conduct. Rob, steal and hurt others? No problem, we'll let you out with no consequences. Sit at home and smoke weed all day? No problem, we'll provide you disability paid for by working Americans. Don't raise your kids with any discipline? No problem, we'll just send them to school and make the teachers struggle to teach your child respect and discipline while taking time away from adjusted children.

There was a time when people had to sink or swim. And that survival instinct provided the will to work and put food on the table. To decide what was needed and what wasn't. To decide if the risk was worth the reward. To raise your kids with a work ethic to prepare them for life's challenges. The world has changed and people suck.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
None of this makes sense and, as always, if it doesn't make sense something just isn't true. There's a crisis today in our schools with kids who are not acclimated to normal society. My humble opinion is that doctors are prescribing meds to kids at a young age and the meds fuck them up even more. This child had an "intellectual and behavioral" disabilities. I'd be willing to bet that the parents have issues themselves that contributed to this child's development.

I had young kids and guns in my home. I can't fathom that a 6 year old would get a hold of a secured and out of reach weapon without some negligence of the parents. People can sue the parents but they probably don't have insurance or a pot to piss in so the taxpayers will foot the bill. I also don't believe the teachers searched the 6 year old. You're telling me that a 6 year old with developmental issues is smart enough to conceal a weapon where teachers can't find it? And they knew the kid had a weapon probably because the child showed it to his friends.

Just another example of our society being fucked. I have friends who are teachers and they have kids starting school who aren't potty trained and still wearing diapers at 5 and 6 years pf age. Follow the bread crumbs to the dysfunctional parents and you'll get all the answers you need.

And how did he get past the trigger lock, if there really was one?

I don't have kids in my house anymore but I still keep my guns locked in a safe. I can get in quickly but someone else would need to break the save open which would be noisy and time consuming.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And how did he get past the trigger lock, if there really was one?

I don't have kids in my house anymore but I still keep my guns locked in a safe. I can get in quickly but someone else would need to break the save open which would be noisy and time consuming.

I agree and I don't believe there was a trigger lock. I don't keep my guns in a safe but they are secured in an area where no one goes excpet me and my wife. And I also keep a loaded gun nearby (and out of reach). Keeping all guns locked is counter productive....as the saying goes....."you never need a gun....until you need one real bad."

touchdown

Reaction score
I agree and I don't believe there was a trigger lock. I don't keep my guns in a safe but they are secured in an area where no one goes excpet me and my wife. And I also keep a loaded gun nearby (and out of reach). Keeping all guns locked is counter productive....as the saying goes....."you never need a gun....until you need one real bad."
Reminds me of this meme:

Marry a Girl.jpg

touchdown

Reaction score
We need more Good Guys with Guns...

German police say a man has fatally stabbed two people and injured seven others on a train in northern Germany before being arrested

touchdown

Reaction score
Federal appeals court strikes down domestic violence gun law

Specifically, the court ruled that the federal law was an “outlier that our ancestors would never have accepted” — borrowing a quote from the Bruen decision.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess everyone should carry. Because you never know when you'll encounter a psycho off their meds...

That's a big part of it. The other part is that people are quick to engage a complete unknown in an argument. Why? I try not to bother with idiots whether it be road rage or just some disagreement in a place of business. Just move on.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess everyone should carry. Because you never know when you'll encounter a psycho off their meds...
That's a big part of it. The other part is that people are quick to engage a complete unknown in an argument. Why? I try not to bother with idiots whether it be road rage or just some disagreement in a place of business. Just move on.

And there it is. Soccer mom thought that people give a fuck.....they don't. So don't enagage people for stupid shit. And certainly don't think that you'll just spit on people and everyone will just take it. The lady didn't deserve to be shot (obviously) but I also don't know what people are thinking.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I live about an hour and half or so from Columbus, there's hardly been a peep about this even locally.

And we know why it isn't national news. This was absolutely horrible, and I don't see any MSM "outrage" over it.

touchdown

Reaction score
Fun with Reddit :D

I said: "So my 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms can be infringed if someone else abuses that right?? How about the 1st Amendment while we're at it. I'm sure that's been abused. What a slippery slope. They don't have speech or gun "problems" in Communist China. Go check them out!"

The response was: "I’m so sick of this “shall not be infringed” bullshit. They literally had muskets when that was written. If your only leg to stand on is something that was written before these weapons were even conceptualized, you have no argument, and laws need to change.

and

"And worse, "...shall not be infringed" is only the soundbite version of the Second Amendment. Ammosexuals have so little respect for the 2nd ( or any Amendment) that they won't even bother saying the whole thing. It's not like those few extra words are hard to say, unless they're so lazy even that is too much for them."

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fun with Reddit :D

I said: "So my 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms can be infringed if someone else abuses that right?? How about the 1st Amendment while we're at it. I'm sure that's been abused. What a slippery slope. They don't have speech or gun "problems" in Communist China. Go check them out!"

The response was: "I’m so sick of this “shall not be infringed” bullshit. They literally had muskets when that was written. If your only leg to stand on is something that was written before these weapons were even conceptualized, you have no argument, and laws need to change.

and

"And worse, "...shall not be infringed" is only the soundbite version of the Second Amendment. Ammosexuals have so little respect for the 2nd ( or any Amendment) that they won't even bother saying the whole thing. It's not like those few extra words are hard to say, unless they're so lazy even that is too much for them."

Muskets were the weapon of the day back then so that point has no merit. If you had a musket and a canon, you had a fighting chance against tyranny. And 2A doesn't say the right to keep and bear muskets. It says "arms." But these people can not think for themselves. They can not get beyond their ideology and see how it will affect every amendment. We can;'t pick and chose which ones we like or don't like.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I grow tired of even trying to talk with/to people so I stopped. I avoid them. I'm too old to deal with bullshit and narrow minded people who have barely lived and can not think beyond what they're told to think. They can just go to work in their corprorate job and scrape by with barely enough money to pay their rent, lease a vehicle and have an occasional $7 beer. They'll learn the hard way.......

Top Bottom