yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Every time there is a shooting like this the idiots on the left immediately start blaming guns instead of the culture of violence that infects this country. We have always had access to guns. In fact, year ago it was easier to get access to guns. What is happening now is a lack of respect for life, an inability to cope with conflict, and a subculture that glorifies violence and killing. Until we address the real issue, it will continue no matter how much gun control we put in place.

Say something about the youth in American that turns to guns to express their feelings.

I was in high school from 81-84.

Me and several of my buddies drove to school in our trucks with gun racks WITH the shotguns and rifles in the racks at the school, during school. This was in Dallas, Tx so I'm sure this happened all over theh US as well

never a school shooting when it couldnt have been easier

what changed?

I think it is overwhelmingly impacted by the proliferation of mass media where the shooter can be (in)famous in a matter of seconds while going out in a blaze of glory plus once the first mass shooting occurred, it spawned copycats and now we are where we are

all of them have a foundation of pain created somewhere in their youth

as the saying goes, "hurt people, hurt people"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Most of us did back in the day of rifle racks. But we didn't have the Grievance Industrial Complex.

Today, BUTTHURT people hurt people.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I was in high school from 81-84.

Me and several of my buddies drove to school in our trucks with gun racks WITH the shotguns and rifles in the racks at the school, during school. This was in Dallas, Tx so I'm sure this happened all over theh US as well

never a school shooting when it couldnt have been easier

what changed?

I think it is overwhelmingly impacted by the proliferation of mass media where the shooter can be (in)famous in a matter of seconds while going out in a blaze of glory plus once the first mass shooting occurred, it spawned copycats and now we are where we are

as the saying goes, "hurt people, hurt people"
Yep, same here.

All my friends had guns and we never heard of any incidents anywhere (I was HS 83-86). Nobody ever gave something like that a second of thought.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I never thought I would say this but I do think it is time we study the effects of first person shooter video games on young impressionable minds. Are these games desensitizing our youth to violence and gore? Do these games incite a weird curiosity in some kids about killing and harming others? Video games and the entertainment industry have strived to find more creative way to depict brutal violence and gory deaths. Has this effected the minds of children?

I do believe that these mass shootings in schools are now copycat crimes. These sick minds see the media attention shooters get and they think of it as glory or fame. But there is so much violence of all kinds in our society today there seems to be a lack of respect for life in general. I know it is not guns. They are the symptom not the actual illness.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I never thought I would say this but I do think it is time we study the effects of first person shooter video games on young impressionable minds. Are these games desensitizing our youth to violence and gore? Do these games incite a weird curiosity in some kids about killing and harming others? Video games and the entertainment industry have strived to find more creative way to depict brutal violence and gory deaths. Has this effected the minds of children?

I do believe that these mass shootings in schools are now copycat crimes. These sick minds see the media attention shooters get and they think of it as glory or fame. But there is so much violence of all kinds in our society today there seems to be a lack of respect for life in general. I know it is not guns. They are the symptom not the actual illness.
Agree with you on video games and have wondered that same thing myself.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Suspect had history of mental health problems

The suspect in the Allen Premium Outlets shooting has been identified as 33-year-old Mauricio Garcia.

The Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed his name Sunday afternoon.

Officials say Garcia shot and killed 8 people, and injured 7 others before he was killed by a police officer who was responding to a different call nearby.

Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates the suspect was in the U.S. Army in 2008 and was "removed due to mental health concerns," law enforcement sources briefed on the probe tell ABC News.

In addition to the insignia on the shooter's equipment that suggested a right-wing extremist ideology, investigators have found social media accounts connected to the suspect that reveal hundreds of postings and images, including writings with racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist rhetoric, including neo-Nazi material and material espousing the supremacy of the white race, the sources said.

None of the subject's postings analyzed to date were liked or shared by other users nor were there any public comments, according to the sources. The suspect's account did not contain any friends or associates that were publicly visible, the sources said.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Suspect had history of mental health problems

The suspect in the Allen Premium Outlets shooting has been identified as 33-year-old Mauricio Garcia.

The Texas Department of Public Safety confirmed his name Sunday afternoon.

Officials say Garcia shot and killed 8 people, and injured 7 others before he was killed by a police officer who was responding to a different call nearby.

Preliminary information developed during the investigation indicates the suspect was in the U.S. Army in 2008 and was "removed due to mental health concerns," law enforcement sources briefed on the probe tell ABC News.

In addition to the insignia on the shooter's equipment that suggested a right-wing extremist ideology, investigators have found social media accounts connected to the suspect that reveal hundreds of postings and images, including writings with racially or ethnically motivated violent extremist rhetoric, including neo-Nazi material and material espousing the supremacy of the white race, the sources said.

None of the subject's postings analyzed to date were liked or shared by other users nor were there any public comments, according to the sources. The suspect's account did not contain any friends or associates that were publicly visible, the sources said.

I am not buying into this white supremacist story. Something doesn't make sense and I don't just mean that he is clearly Hispanic. It is almost as though he went on social media and created a right wing social media history to make it seem like he is right wing. But no likes or comments to his posts? That's very fishy. In a country that the FBI claims the greatest threat is white supremacy then where are all the racists who would like his comments?

Either the guy was crazy, someone faked all his social media posts, or the shooter himself faked them to pin it on right wing extremists. If the FBI gets heavily involved in this investigation them we can believe the right wing story is true. If not, then we know it is fake.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I am not buying into this white supremacist story. Something doesn't make sense and I don't just mean that he is clearly Hispanic. It is almost as though he went on social media and created a right wing social media history to make it seem like he is right wing. But no likes or comments to his posts? That's very fishy. In a country that the FBI claims the greatest threat is white supremacy then where are all the racists who would like his comments?

Either the guy was crazy, someone faked all his social media posts, or the shooter himself faked them to pin it on right wing extremists. If the FBI gets heavily involved in this investigation them we can believe the right wing story is true. If not, then we know it is fake.
Yep, 100% fake IMO

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The most startling thing about this Texas shooter story is how quickly all of these details have been reveal while the manifesto of the transgender shooter in Tenn. is still being kept from the public.

My personal belief is that these mass shooters are all crazy and their beliefs are irrelevant because they are crazy. No party or individual can be responsible for crazy people who may follow them. Crazy people have crazy reasons for doing things. Republicans understood this when they did not blame Bernie Sanders when one of his followers took a rifle and shot up a baseball field full of Republicans. I cannot say Democrats, which includes the media, has done the same thing when it comes to crimes committed by alleged right wing shooters.

However, in the quest to find a solution to these copycat shootings the more information we have the better chance we have to stop some of them going forward. Hiding the transgender manifesto is clearly playing politics with the deaths of the victims of the shooter. It should be released immediately. There are several lawsuits to force authorities to do just that. Those law suits should be successful. Eventually we will see the manifesto, and we will learn why Tenn authorities are hiding it from us.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
My idiot governor here in NJ posted on twitter a comment that these mass shootings do not occur in NJ because we have common sense gun control laws. This is such a dumb take and ignores the obvious questions.

In NJ, you need a permit to buy guns. Once you get a permit you can buy long guns with very little hassle. Hand guns require an additional purchase permit and you need a new one for every handgun you intend to purchase. It is a pain in the butt frankly but if you have patience and some time to spare you will get you hand gun. "Assault rifles" are banned, or are they. You can get an AR or AK, as long as it does not have a flash suppressor, more than a 10 round magazine, a forward pistol grip, or a bayonet mount. It must have a fixed stock. Otherwise, you can get a scary military looking rifle that looks just like any AR to most people who are clueless about guns. The NJ versions will have the same firing mechanisms, barrels, color, and take the same ammo as the banned versions. Honestly, the ban makes it hard to find a legal gun off the shelf in NJ, but most gunsmiths will rig one up for you if you want one.

So the obvious question is, why are there no school shootings in NJ? The guns are there. You can buy as much ammo as you want over the internet. Lots of us have ammo cans full of ammo just in case. But we don't use our legal guns for mass shootings. Instead of making a stupid comment about our gun laws, the governor should be asking why don't nutcases in NJ commit these heinous crimes even though they have the weapons to commit them? Is this not worth investigating?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
My idiot governor here in NJ posted on twitter a comment that these mass shootings do not occur in NJ because we have common sense gun control laws. This is such a dumb take and ignores the obvious questions.

In NJ, you need a permit to buy guns. Once you get a permit you can buy long guns with very little hassle. Hand guns require an additional purchase permit and you need a new one for every handgun you intend to purchase. It is a pain in the butt frankly but if you have patience and some time to spare you will get you hand gun. "Assault rifles" are banned, or are they. You can get an AR or AK, as long as it does not have a flash suppressor, more than a 10 round magazine, a forward pistol grip, or a bayonet mount. It must have a fixed stock. Otherwise, you can get a scary military looking rifle that looks just like any AR to most people who are clueless about guns. The NJ versions will have the same firing mechanisms, barrels, color, and take the same ammo as the banned versions. Honestly, the ban makes it hard to find a legal gun off the shelf in NJ, but most gunsmiths will rig one up for you if you want one.

So the obvious question is, why are there no school shootings in NJ? The guns are there. You can buy as much ammo as you want over the internet. Lots of us have ammo cans full of ammo just in case. But we don't use our legal guns for mass shootings. Instead of making a stupid comment about our gun laws, the governor should be asking why don't nutcases in NJ commit these heinous crimes even though they have the weapons to commit them? Is this not worth investigating?
Not every state experiences school shootings. Nor do all school shootings happen in "Red" states.

It's as stupid as the lefts argument that mass shootings don't happen anywhere in the world except the USA.

And libtards still can't accept that the worst school massacre on record had nothing to do with a gun. Some crazy man used dynamite to blow up a school almost a 100 yrs ago.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Not every state experiences school shootings. Nor do all school shootings happen in "Red" states.

It's as stupid as the lefts argument that mass shootings don't happen anywhere in the world except the USA.

And libtards still can't accept that the worst school massacre on record had nothing to do with a gun. Some crazy man used dynamite to blow up a school almost a 100 yrs ago.
The Columbine shooters started something. But it should be noted most of the kids they killed were shot with shotguns, not assault rifles. The Virginia Tech shooter used hand guns. The left thinks they have a wedge issue and they are exploiting it. It is actually pretty disgraceful.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Columbine shooters started something. But it should be noted most of the kids they killed were shot with shotguns, not assault rifles. The Virginia Tech shooter used hand guns. The left thinks they have a wedge issue and they are exploiting it. It is actually pretty disgraceful.

School shootings have been around forever

We had one at my high school back in 86-87 ish and that was here in Los Angeles. It was the same shit then as it is now. Lone wolf weirdo with no friends loses his shit because of who knows what, shows up to school with a gun, and blah blah blah

We were off campus getting drunk when it happened. We didn’t find out about it until we tried to go back to class later that day and the entire school was on lockdown. Yay for us, a free day off.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
School shootings have been around forever

We had one at my high school back in 86-87 ish and that was here in Los Angeles. It was the same shit then as it is now. Lone wolf weirdo with no friends loses his shit because of who knows what, shows up to school with a gun, and blah blah blah

We were off campus getting drunk when it happened. We didn’t find out about it until we tried to go back to class later that day and the entire school was on lockdown. Yay for us, a free day off.
There was Charles Whitman on the tower sniping people on the campus of UT in 1966 too. There were occasional shootings but not like today. A lot of copycats today.

Top Bottom