Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Team is really good, like SB good. They'll obviously have to stay in the hunt without Romo.

Officiating was really "in your face" it seemed. It was especially terrible and really apparent when Dallas was up around 10 with 5-6 minutes left. It was as if they were calling the game in a way that would allow Philly to make a run, if only they would have been able to get out of their own way.

Bradford is shitty as ever. I am convinced that he and Murray have fucked if they aren't currently. Weird homo kind of support group thing going on between them.

Murray, that's what you get, bitch. Die a slow death in Philly, asshole.

Our offensive line, what the fuck, guys? Stop that shit.

Defense was pretty good. Not sure how much of it was them or bradford and CO. But good shit, D.

Jason Garrett fires off another early challenge and whiffs. The only red thing I want to see him throw is himself off a building. Fuck you and die.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm also wondering just how good Romo could have been earlier in his career if Wade Wilson was never a thing.

Reaction score
Yeah the division is in shambles. If our coaching staff designs game plans that protects this team from Weeden being Weeden, we'll be ok.

Not sure how much confidence I have in our coaching staff though. Mostly Garrett.

Ok entirely Garrett.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Officiating was really "in your face" it seemed. It was especially terrible and really apparent when Dallas was up around 10 with 5-6 minutes left. It was as if they were calling the game in a way that would allow Philly to make a run, if only they would have been able to get out of their own way.

Did the same shit last week when the Eagles played the Falcons.

Defense was pretty good. Not sure how much of it was them or bradford and CO. But good shit, D.

OBJ and Matthews, good tests. They'll really be tested by Julio Jones next week.

Falcons... not sure what to make of them. Are their victories over the Giants and Eagles anymore impressive than our victories over the same two teams?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah the division is in shambles. If our coaching staff designs game plans that protects this team from Weeden being Weeden, we'll be ok.

Not sure how much confidence I have in our coaching staff though. Mostly Garrett.

Ok entirely Garrett.

They need to get Michael up and going. Randal and McFadden are finesse backs. We need a power back. A pounder.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Also, that illegal formation call on Tyron, if the replay they showed was the actual play that got the flag, that ref should be shot in front of his kids.

There was also a play tonight where one of the Philly WRs was covered on a crossing route and the play was broken up by a corner, I believe, anyhow, the WR took a blatant swing at the guy in coverage. Weirdest reaction I've seen, but it looked blatant to me.

Reaction score
I thought the Escobar TD challenge was worth it. I didn’t like that Escobar didn’t finish the play, tall fuckin dude diving prematurely.

Garrett is going to have to earn his money. Winning without Dez is one thing. Winning without Romo is a whole different animal.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We need to get our shit together, knock off all the stupid penalties, and game plan accordingly.

So far we have done none of the above but are still 2-0

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I thought the Escobar TD challenge was worth it. I didn’t like that Escobar didn’t finish the play, tall fuckin dude diving prematurely.

Garrett is going to have to earn his money. Winning without Dez is one thing. Winning without Romo is a whole different animal.

No. Linehan is going to have to earn his money. This and so much more is beyond Garrett. All Garrett has to do is stay the fuck out of the way. Then we can say that he "earned" his money.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
We need to get our shit together, knock off all the stupid penalties, and game plan accordingly.

So far we have done none of the above but are still 2-0

The defense has been on point. Don't know what you are talking about. Marinelli couldn't have called a more masterful plan. Who would have believed it that the Eagles would be shut out for 3 straight quarters? Or that their sole TD came with less than a minute and a half left in the game?

And most of the penalties were bullshit. Not much you can do about those.

Reaction score
No. Linehan is going to have to earn his money. This and so much more is beyond Garrett. All Garrett has to do is stay the fuck out of the way. Then we can say that he "earned" his money.

In my opinion, I don’t think you use sound logic when it comes to evaluating playcalling/game plan stuff. If something goes bad, you blame Garrett. If it goes good, you credit Linehan. That doesn’t make sense to me, so i don’t think we can agree on those type of opinions.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
In my opinion, I don’t think you use sound logic when it comes to evaluating playcalling/game plan stuff. If something goes bad, you blame Garrett. If it goes good, you credit Linehan. That doesn’t make sense to me, so i don’t think we can agree on those type of opinions.

Been over this shit before.

We all know Garrett's playcalling. His MO since he's been here. And yes, much of the shit Garrett calls ends in failure. And the very few times it turns out good, is dumb luck --- he has a habit of falling upwards.

I'm quite familiar with Linehan's playcalling due to him being an OC for both the Vikings and Lions, there is a difference. Hell, you can refer to both Redskins' games last year and notice the contrast.

Or even today: ball on the half yard line --- call one run play, and then follow it up with two pass plays, and settle for a FG.

If you want to ball wash Garrett, that's you.

Reaction score
Been over this shit before.

We all know Garrett's playcalling. His MO since he's been here. And yes, much of the shit Garrett calls ends in failure. And the very few times it turns out good, is dumb luck --- he has a habit of falling upwards.

I'm quite familiar with Linehan's playcalling due to him being an OC for both the Vikings and Lions, there is a difference. Hell, you can refer to both Redskins' games last year and notice the contrast.

Or even today: ball on the half yard line --- call one run play, and then follow it up with two pass plays, and settle for a FG.

If you want to ball wash Garrett, that's you.

Ok Laz.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still think that was a td. I was sure on review they'd overturn the call that it was short. I can't always hear at the bar, but did they say why it was short?
Exactly. I think even Garrett realizes this, though he'd never admit it. Love the way when he knows the camera is on him he fiddles with his headset and tries to stand extra tall... Like he has to try to look authoritative as he listens to Linehan and Tony talk.

But to xxx's point, I mostly agree. I don't blame everything on Garrett because he doesn't even do much anymore but clap and do pcs and lob challenge flags. Jerry wisely stripped him of the important stuff.

Of course he'll still take credit for what goes right and deflect blame for what goes wrong.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Escobar play was definitely a TD. Its where the ball is when the player is ruled down, and the ball was into the white line. The ball doesn't have to be INTO the end zone, it only has to touch the plane of the GL, which is clearly did.

They claimed it was "too close to change". As someone else pointed out, why did they change the Dez play last yr then?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I still think that was a td. I was sure on review they'd overturn the call that it was short. I can't always hear at the bar, but did they say why it was short?
Escobar play was definitely a TD. Its where the ball is when the player is ruled down, and the ball was into the white line. The ball doesn't have to be INTO the end zone, it only has to touch the plane of the GL, which is clearly did.
I froze the image in the millisecond before his knee hit. Ball was over the white line already. Knee was still off the turf. It was a TD.

Reaction score
The officiating was oppressive. The game was difficult to watch, with all of those flags.

For most of my adult life I have been able to accurately call penalties from the couch. I'd see a play and know what the call would be.

It just isn't that way anymore. Often I just don't have a clue what the refs will call after a flag is thrown. The incidental contact that is now being called as penalties ... I swear, often it is as if there is no rhyme or reason to any of the calls.

Top Bottom