ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The officiating was oppressive. The game was difficult to watch, with all of those flags.

For most of my adult life I have been able to accurately call penalties from the couch. I'd see a play and know what the call would be.

It just isn't that way anymore. Often I just don't have a clue what the refs will call after a flag is thrown. The incidental contact that is now being called as penalties ... I swear, often it is as if there is no rhyme or reason to any of the calls.

Been saying all year (at least) that the NFL's epidemic of flags is making the game almost unwatchable. It's just terrible for the flow and rhythm of the contest. Somehow, college games don't have nearly as many flags.

Goodell and the competition committee need to get off some of the nonsense they waste time with and start addressing this issue.

Reaction score
The officiating was oppressive. The game was difficult to watch, with all of those flags.

For most of my adult life I have been able to accurately call penalties from the couch. I'd see a play and know what the call would be.

It just isn't that way anymore. Often I just don't have a clue what the refs will call after a flag is thrown. The incidental contact that is now being called as penalties ... I swear, often it is as if there is no rhyme or reason to any of the calls.

NFL officials have wayyy too much control over the outcome of games. What's funny is that they call all this ticky tack fantasy stuff and then totally miss blatant fouls.

This is just one more thing that Goodell has ruined.

Reaction score
H
Yeah the division is in shambles. If our coaching staff designs game plans that protects this team from Weeden being Weeden, we'll be ok.

Not sure how much confidence I have in our coaching staff though. Mostly Garrett.

Ok entirely Garrett.

Exactly right though. There is a chance if there is some actual coaching on offense. The defense and the special teams have obviously improved and are responding to the obvious remediation. But the offense looks too much like it's too open-ended and without strong strategist. Solving for Weedens weaknesses may infuse the kind of orchestration that reduces stupid and keeps thing focused on simple first downs and first downs. The red zone mojo left Texas with Callahan. How can you have first down and goal at the inch line and settle for a FG? Garrett was famous for red zone impotence until Callahan was assigned temporary OC duties.

Just need to make things high percentage and quick and Weeden could work. But like in the Eagle game, if TWilly had press coverage Weeden would have been dead. One more second and he's leveled.

Top Bottom