Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I just drove to Atlanta from New Jersey. went through Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, NC, SC and Georgia. Prices range from $3.80 to $4.50.
Just a reminder, in 2020, the average price of a gallon of gas was $2.17.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just drove to Atlanta from New Jersey. went through Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Virginia, NC, SC and Georgia. Prices range from $3.80 to $4.50.
Just a reminder, in 2020, the average price of a gallon of gas was $2.17.

Add the tolls and you're better off flying......

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score

U.S.—With oil imports from Russia banned and gas prices continuing to rise, many around the nation report really wishing we had our own oil we could dig up with big machines and then transport around with some sort of pipeline.

"If only we had oil, and knew how to get it," said one local mom as she shelled out $300 for gas to take her kids to soccer practice. "Then maybe we wouldn't have to buy it from evil regimes around the world and gas prices would be lower. I know that's ridiculous, but it sure would be nice if that were possible!"

Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg says he commiserates with people who are struggling right now. "I do have a solution though," he said. "If you all just plop down $90K on an electric car and another 3 million on building a windmill in your backyard, you won't have to deal with these gas costs. I am smart!"

The scientific community says they are hard at work on a solution to the oil shortage but haven't found any options so far. "If only there was oil, and some way to get it out of the ground and transport it!" said all the scientists, scratching their heads.

Other scientists say they may have discovered an almost unlimited form of energy that is clean and safe that uses some sort of atomic fuel but that technology may be years away.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Filled up my Corolla this morning at the same station and it was $3.69 per gallon. Up 20 cents in two days. This is at an HEB just off IH-10 in Mont Belvieu about 20 miles East of the outskirts of Houston.
I stopped at this same place again this morning to top off my tank. The price has increased to $3.89 per gallon. It has gone up 20 cents in a single day. :mad: Fuck Joe Biden!!!!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I love it! These Biden “I did that” stickers are popping up on gas pumps around town

62f77a86dc41c75cf2c84e66db66f701.jpg

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I don’t have a mask mandate in my car.
Creeper, as fyi remember there is a strict DCU mask mandate in place when reviewing or posting here. If you are in your vehicle reviewing DCU info, you will need to mask up per our guidelines.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Gas now 4.29 here in my area of Atlanta. Long lines forming and the Kroger close to me is "running very low" according to the cashier. They ran out of mid-grade (I normally only use super unleaded, but was trying to save a little) while I was filling my tank up, had to switch.

They were saying 5.00 per gallon my the end of the month, shit it will get to that by the end of the weekend.

Also comedy gold, logged into FB and one of my friends had posted something about gas and the Keystone Pipeline, they ("Fact-checkers") flagged the post and said the Keystone had nothing to do with gas prices or shortages.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They were saying 5.00 per gallon my the end of the month, shit it will get to that by the end of the weekend.
I worked in the Texas oil patch for many years. I know that well over 85 percent of our producing wells are capped. Because punitive taxation and over regulation makes foreign oil a LOT cheaper when oil is priced any lower than $35/bbl.

At $80/bbl and up, it's well worth opening wells up and moving crude. BUT - I made a few calls today polling some of the leases I worked for, and they ALL laughed and said no, we won't be cashing in. Because "buck fiden."

So, the oil patch won't be coming to the rescue.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Gas now 4.29 here in my area of Atlanta. Long lines forming and the Kroger close to me is "running very low" according to the cashier. They ran out of mid-grade (I normally only use super unleaded, but was trying to save a little) while I was filling my tank up, had to switch.

Also comedy gold, logged into FB and one of my friends had posted something about gas and the Keystone Pipeline, they ("Fact-checkers") flagged the post and said the Keystone had nothing to do with gas prices or shortages.

When I was in Atlanta last week, I walked past a Costco that had huge lines for gas. The cars were lined up 8 or 9 deep as far as I could see. I have no seen that since Jimmy Carter was president.

I paid $93 to fill up my Jeep at a Wawa in Maryland. That is a record for my car. Gas was about $4.20.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully Scot doesn't go postal

$6 is the norm where I’m at. The news has reported that prices have hit $8-$9 in some areas of Los Angeles. But I have yet to see that for myself so far.

This pic was just taken right now. This station is about 1/2 mile away from my house.

32674513d728828424d8bc31c6908a7f.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom