JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
remember all those threads where i advocated ethnic cleansing and cheered on the deaths of minorities

but nah not racist not us, right guys????

No one has done that. You are a crazy person. I had forgotten what a loon you are.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
remember all those threads where i advocated ethnic cleansing and cheered on the deaths of minorities

but nah not racist not us, right guys????

except there's no evidence that race had anything to do with this killing. Brown was an asshole who just happened to be black. his race was incidental.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
speaking of racism, who roughed up that little Asian store clerk, Brown or the cop?

Reaction score
except there's no evidence that race had anything to do with this killing. Brown was an asshole who just happened to be black. his race was incidental.

sure the cop just happened to hassle him in a place where race relations are notoriously bad

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
sure the cop just happened to hassle him in a place where race relations are notoriously bad

Maybe they should commit less crimes, like attacking cops. Please cobra, test my theory. Go rob a store, attack a cop on the way home and see how it goes. Try to find a black cop to attack.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

the middle of the street? and what percentage of the blame do blacks share for bad race relations?

VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
It's not conflating two issues... When you give cops all this military equipment it encourages them to use it, and it diminishes the importance of doing things right. Any perceived danger is ramped up.

The photos are easily googled if you want to find the source. They're pics that have been used in reporting on Ferguson.

These things have already existed - tactical units, SWAT, etc and for instances just as this: rioting. You don't really think he shot the guy so his tactical units would have an excuse to use their equipment? That's rhetorical, of course, but no one is encouraged to incite riots so they can use their toys. It's a worthy discussion, but this case isn't a good example of police militarization.

jeebus

UDFA
Reaction score
It says police on their riot gear. But it doesn't make it any less dishonest in the way his argument and the pictures are presented. The discussion is about the policeman that shot Brown, when he says they are militarized, then provides pictures of policemen that are in obvious riot gear and were not present at the time of the incident. I'd bet any amount that the cop that shot Brown did not have any of that equipment with him at the time of the shooting.

my problem is they arent in riot gear, their are in full military kit. Riot gear is batons and shields, not ar-15's...

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What a horrible article. Good grief, they were certainly selective in their reporting. They didn't even bother to account for stops for outstanding warrants.

Not sure if you're mocking or actually criticizing.

Reaction score
the middle of the street? and what percentage of the blame do blacks share for bad race relations?

probably the same amount that any oppressed minority does for being oppressed - and in these cases it's socioeconomic minorities more than race

once they stop being oppressed we can maybe talk about sharing the blame

Top Bottom