VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
It says police on their riot gear. But it doesn't make it any less dishonest in the way his argument and the pictures are presented. The discussion is about the policeman that shot Brown, when he says they are militarized, then provides pictures of policemen that are in obvious riot gear and were not present at the time of the incident. I'd bet any amount that the cop that shot Brown did not have any of that equipment with him at the time of the shooting.

Thanks for the clarification. This whole issue is being sold as racial disparity, with the focus being Brown and the cop. What comes after is only the consequence of fools taking advantage of a situation to show their indignation by looting and stealing things. Because nothing honors the dead like theft and vandalism.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Ferguson Looter: ‘I’m Proud Of Us, We Deserve This’

he National Guard arrived in Ferguson but kept its distance from the streets where protesters clashed again with police, as clouds of tear gas and smoke hung over the St. Louis suburb where Michael Brown was fatally shot by a police officer.

Protesters filled the streets after nightfall Monday, and officers trying to enforce tighter restrictions at times used bullhorns to order them to disperse. Police deployed noisemakers and armored vehicles to push demonstrators back. Officers fired tear gas and flash grenades.

One looter who came out of a QuikTrip told The Washington Post that he was proud of what he was doing.

“I’m proud of us. We deserve this, and this is what’s supposed to happen when there’s injustice in your community,” DeAndre Smith told The Post. “St. Louis — not going to take this anymore.”

A police officer who asked not to be identified labeled it “looting tourism.”

“It’s like they are spending their gas money to come down here and steal,” the officer told The Post.

Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol, who is in charge of security in Ferguson, said bottles and Molotov cocktails were thrown from the crowd and that some officers had come under heavy gunfire. At least two people were shot and 31 were arrested, he said. He did not have condition updates on those who were shot. Johnson said four officers were injured by rocks or bottles.

“It has to stop,” Johnson told CNN.” I don’t want anybody to get hurt. We have to find a way to stop it.”

Demonstrators no longer faced the neighborhood’s midnight-to-5 a.m. curfew, but police told protesters that they could not assemble in a single spot and had to keep moving. After the streets had been mostly cleared, authorities ordered reporters to leave as well, citing the risk from gunfire that had been reported.

Ferguson Looter: ‘I’m Proud Of Us, We Deserve This’ « CBS St. Louis

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just start shooting more people. They'll go back inside when a flat screen isn't worth burying a couple family members.

There is no excuse to loot and act like a fucking animal.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

They don't give a shit that Brown is dead. They’re there to break shit, steal stuff, and take it to “the Man.”

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
You'd think they'd be out looting and protesting a government that keeps them in poverty, but no, they'd rather use a dead kid as an excuse to make a "statement".

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Just start shooting more people. They'll go back inside when a flat screen isn't worth burying a couple family members.

Male role models are severely lacking in the black community. Too many kids having kids and so the cycle continues.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I wouldn't just say the black community, it's all races. There's whites and Mexicans out there too.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
you'll just swallow that thing whole huh

Until you or someone can prove that whitey decided to go our and kill an innocent black kid in Ferguson, yeah, I'm going to assume the reports are true and the kid tried to fight a cop and take his gun.

This was after he robbed a store. But there's no way this kid was bad news, right? Right.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Until you or someone can prove that whitey decided to go our and kill an innocent black kid in Ferguson, yeah, I'm going to assume the reports are true and the kid tried to fight a cop and take his gun.

This was after he robbed a store. But there's no way this kid was bad news, right? Right.

And no mention of the fact that he already racked up 4 felonies as soon as he turned 18.

All having to do with a vicious robbery attempt with a gun.

So he's no stranger to resorting to using a gun as a means to an end. Only this time he didn't have one and it ended him.

Reaction score
Seriously, conflating two issues doesn't change the fact that you're arguing the wrong argument in this case. I'm guessing this is Ferguson. And I'm also guessing it's in response to the mass rioting that happened and not what the everyday citizen has to face when facing a patrolman. For all I know they're the National Guard, can you provide the source of those photos?
It's not conflating two issues... When you give cops all this military equipment it encourages them to use it, and it diminishes the importance of doing things right. Any perceived danger is ramped up.

The photos are easily googled if you want to find the source. They're pics that have been used in reporting on Ferguson.

Reaction score

somehow in your mic dropping you missed the point that the person who could refute this is dead

Iamtdg

Reaction score
:lol

Is it really any wonder this guy was shot and killed? He robbed a store, then overreacts to a cop trying to get his attention to get him out of the street. Beats up the cop.

fucking duh.

BUT HE WAS BLACK!!! FUCKING RACIST!

GAH!!!!!!!!!

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
somehow in your mic dropping you missed the point that the person who could refute this is dead

Did you miss the part where I said he'd probably be able to tell his side if he wasn't a moron?

Top Bottom