Reaction score
and they commit a disproportionate amount of crimes relative to their race. see: US prison population. are facts racist?
Facts themselves don't have opinions, so no facts aren't racist. But they can be used to prop up racist opinions.

The fact of the matter is the drug laws disproportionately target blacks for doing things that only harm themselves. Alcohol and tobacco are mind and body-altering substances and are more harmful to your body that pot is, yet they're legal substances. If drinking were criminalized, you'd probably see more white people in prison.

Personally, I think it needs to go the other way. Legalize pot, keep alcohol and tobacco legal... criminalizing them doesn't do a thing to get rid of the problem. Let people do what they want to their bodies... as long as they're not hurting other people by getting behind the wheel or the like, then who cares? Why should the government be nosing into what you put in your body?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
They think they can win a war on drugs when the most common drug is so good that guys risk million dollar careers to smoke weed?

im pretty high but this makes sense right now.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Facts themselves don't have opinions, so no facts aren't racist. But they can be used to prop up racist opinions.

The fact of the matter is the drug laws disproportionately target blacks for doing things that only harm themselves. Alcohol and tobacco are mind and body-altering substances and are more harmful to your body that pot is, yet they're legal substances. If drinking were criminalized, you'd probably see more white people in prison.

Personally, I think it needs to go the other way. Legalize pot, keep alcohol and tobacco legal... criminalizing them doesn't do a thing to get rid of the problem. Let people do what they want to their bodies... as long as they're not hurting other people by getting behind the wheel or the like, then who cares? Why should the government be nosing into what you put in your body?

and meth and heroin laws disproportionately ensnare white perps. that doesn't mean we should look the other way when they offend.

The weed/alcohol analogy is a specious one. You can drink alcohol without getting drunk; you can't do weed without getting high. That's its only purpose.

Reaction score
and meth and heroin laws disproportionately ensnare white perps. that doesn't mean we should look the other way when they offend.
I could be convinced into legalizing everything. Prohibition and criminalization doesn't stop the problem, clearly. If you want to go that route, I'm good with it. Who does the meth user "offend" by using meth?

The weed/alcohol analogy is a specious one. You can drink alcohol without getting drunk; you can't do weed without getting high. That's its only purpose.
There is no purpose to drinking alcohol other than altering your body's chemistry. Using the arbitrary line of "getting drunk" implies a BAC of 0.08 or higher... but who sets that as the line where every person is officially drunk? Some people can have one drink and be "drunk" because they have no tolerance. Some people can be 0.12 and not feel a thing.

Same applies to weed. Those who use more often build up a tolerance, and a new user will feel "high" before the more experienced users.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I could be convinced into legalizing everything. Prohibition and criminalization doesn't stop the problem, clearly. If you want to go that route, I'm good with it. Who does the meth user "offend" by using meth?

Ever see "faces of meth"? Those people can't even function. I think society has an interest in preventing large numbers of living, strung out zombies.

There is no purpose to drinking alcohol other than altering your body's chemistry.

Hell, Coke and Gatorade do the same thing.

Using the arbitrary line of "getting drunk" implies a BAC of 0.08 or higher... but who sets that as the line where every person is officially drunk? Some people can have one drink and be "drunk" because they have no tolerance. Some people can be 0.12 and not feel a thing.

well, i'm assuming that you don't want to live in a zero tolerance country where no amount of alcohol is permitted in your system while driving. those countries exist, you know. as do countries which forbid alcohol well below .08. why did we settle on that number? beats me. write your congressman if you think it's too punitive.

Same applies to weed. Those who use more often build up a tolerance, and a new user will feel "high" before the more experienced users.

many lives were ruined after just one hit of crack. how many people become lifelong drunks after one glass of wine?

Top Bottom