bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
if he doesn't do drugs, why would he be nervous about a test? probably not a coincidence that he made a pit-stop at a pot store in Seattle.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't get a good feeling about Elliott. This off-field stuff is one. His attitude, in which I already detect some "I'm a superstar", is another. And I wasn't even as blown away as everyone else by his game against Seattle.

Which BTW was his one and only game. Yet people are already certain he's a guaranteed star.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Source of this is here:

Court documents show Ezekiel Elliott, ex discussed “passing drug test” | The Star-Telegram

By Drew Davison

The Columbus, Ohio prosecutor’s office has decided not to pursue domestic abuse charges against Dallas Cowboys rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott.

The city cited “conflicting and inconsistent” stories from the victim, his ex-girlfriend Tiffany Thompson, as a reason why they wouldn’t pursue charges.

The NFL is still investigating the case, though, and Elliott could find himself with another issue as a fallout from the case.

In court documents obtained by the Star-Telegram, Elliott and his ex-girlfriend, Thompson, had a text exchange about an upcoming NFL “drug test.”

Thompson texted Elliott: “I know you’re stressed out, if you need me call me. Just do everything you can to pass your drug test tomorrow. You’ll be okay. I’m here for you”

To that, Elliott responded: “I’m gonna pass.”

In a subsequent text, Elliott wrote: “About to live in this sauna the next 24 hours.”

Elliott’s lead legal advisor, Frank C. Salzano, called the text exchange “a non story.”

“We are happy to move on to football and look forward to playing against the Giants,” Salzano said.

Elliott was not available for comment Tuesday as the team was off. They resume practice Wednesday. The Cowboys did not comment on the matter, but it likely won’t sit well with owner Jerry Jones.

Jones wasn’t happy when Elliott visited a marijuana shop in Seattle last month before a preseason game, and Elliott later acknowledged it wasn’t the best idea.

This text exchange, coupled with the Seattle visit, may be enough to put Elliott in the league’s substance-abuse program. Players do not necessarily have to fail a drug test to enter Stage 1 (intervention) of the program.

An NFL spokesman said the decision in a case such as Elliott’s is based upon the opinion of jointly appointed independent medical advisers by the NFL and NFLPA.

“They make the decision if a player should be put into the program,” the NFL spokesman wrote in an email.

Asked if he was worried about Elliott being put in the program, Salzano said: “I can’t control what they do.”

According to the league’s policy on substances of abuse, which was agreed upon with the NFLPA, players are subject to enter the program based on “behavior.”

The policy states: “Behavior (including but not limited to an arrest or conduct related to an alleged misuse of Substances of Abuse occurring up to two (2) football seasons prior to the Player’s applicable scouting combine) which, in the judgment of the Medical Director, exhibits physical, behavioral, or psychological signs or symptoms of misuse of Substances of Abuse.”

The other two ways to get into the program are by a failed drug test or self-referral.

Clarence E. Hill Jr. contributed to this report.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Do they really believe sweating it out in a sauna is going to get the THC out of their system faster?

Reaction score
Its a Non story at the Zone

LMAO! Yep! According to the narrative at the Zone people who have never smoked pot in their lives, and have no interest in ever doing so go into pot shops all the time to just check things out. Politicians have nothing on the fairy tail weavers at the Zone.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wasnt it Mark Stepnoski who after he retired admitted he smoked weed almost every day of his NFL career?

Reaction score
LMAO! Yep! According to the narrative at the Zone people who have never smoked pot in their lives, and have no interest in ever doing so go into pot shops all the time to just check things out. Politicians have nothing on the fairy tail weavers at the Zone.
I've never smoked pot... and I went into Herban Legends in Seattle about 3 days before Zeke did.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Weed should be legal anyways.

we're probably heading in that direction because black kids by and large can't help themselves. the truly shameless will try to paint a marijuana ban as "racist," seeing as how so many brothers can't (or won't) help themselves.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
as my buddy likes to characterize every negative thing that comes out about the Cowboys:

It's a blessing in disguise

The Cowboys are so "blessed"!

Reaction score
According to a recent Gallup poll, 34% of 18 to 29 year olds report past or current use and 19% report current use. Rates are higher among males than females.

Zeke wanted to see a Head Shop. Pretty safe bet that he's no stranger to the substance.

The story is pretty crazy though, isn't it?

Zeke exchanges some texts on his cellphone with a trusted individual. But, because Zeke was accused of something that apparently he did not do (he may have been set up for it, it isn't clear), some court gains access to all of Zeke's texts (including those that had little to do with the court case), which then became court documents, and so it becomes possible for a third party to gain access to all of your texts .... and the next thing you know, everyone in the Free World has access to all of your (or Zeke's) texts. And you hadn't really done anything that was particularly wrong. That's gotta feel like a real blindside. I bet he will very quickly become far more guarded in all of his public statements. He's been burned bad.

And he's been put on notice.

Which may not be a bad thing, if you're a Cowboys fan. Zeke now knows that he's a target and we can hope he'll be extra careful from here on out.

But it does sort of suck the way it happened.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Good thing Zeke knows how to hit the hole to make a few bucks because he'll never be performing surgery.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
we're probably heading in that direction because black kids by and large can't help themselves. the truly shameless will try to paint a marijuana ban as "racist," seeing as how so many brothers can't (or won't) help themselves.

Black kids? I know more white rich kids that smoke than black kids.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Come on dude... that's not why.

of course it's possible. hell, you got left-wing sportswriters defending bat-flipping Latin baseball players who stare at their long home runs. why? because such actions are "part of their culture." Good manners and sportsmanship? That's a "white" thing. I believe this is what Bush meant by "the soft bigotry of low expectations.

Top Bottom