bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
why flip off your teammates? they have no control over your contract situation. like Bell, the guy's a professional malcontent. at least Jerry is prevented from doing something dumb.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
why flip off your teammates? they have no control over your contract situation. like Bell, the guy's a professional malcontent. at least Jerry is prevented from doing something dumb.

I think he was flipping off the organization, not his teammates

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It has been confirmed that he has a broken leg and is out for the season

At least we don’t have to worry about Jerry overspending for him until next season now

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It has been confirmed that he has a broken leg and is out for the season

At least we don’t have to worry about Jerry overspending for him until next season now

earl thomas w a broken leg prob still would make a better attempt at tackling golden tate than jeff heath did

thats right, i said it. i dont think jeff heath is a very good football player at all.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Just sitting here wondering what would have happened if Kris Richard would have been our secondary coach when we had Carr, Church & company.
Then I realize Ginger Marvin Lewis and Grandpa Johnny Blue would have found a way to fuck it up. Probably the Red Menace would have thrown him under the bus when he realized Richard was the superior coach.
It's almost as if coaching and player management somehow could get the best out of a player or group of players.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
earl thomas w a broken leg prob still would make a better attempt at tackling golden tate than jeff heath did

thats right, i said it. i dont think jeff heath is a very good football player at all.

Heath would be fine as a backup. He probably shouldn't be the every week starter.

That said, he is better than Woods or Frazier by a good bit. None of them are good tacklers and all of them are bad in space.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i liked woods a lot last yr at least when he was close to the los. i thought he could tackle last yr i dunno wtf happened this yr

heath is easy to spot on most downs because hes the guy getting juked or stiff armed into another dimension

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Collins is a latter day RW31. Can't cover worth shit.

RW gets a bit of a bum rap on coverage sometimes because of the 2nd half of his career, but when he first came into the league his coverage was not bad. Go back and find that clip of him covering Jimmy Smith man to man 30-40 yds downfield and picking off that pass in man coverage for example.

The dude also understood angles early in his career and made a lot of plays on the ball. None of our guys have done that for years.

Then there the absolute blow up hits the guy had. He was an extremely violent tackler. Some people blamed his downturn in play on Woodson retiring, but he was a tremendous player and would have been fine. I really think what ruined him is is heart wasn't in it at all after that debacle with the singer whore he was engaged to. Was just never the same for him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I would rather have Landon Collins.... BUT looks like he is looking for Eric Berry type $$$$.....

Eric Berry money for a guy who doesn't even remotely play like Eric Berry. Collins is 100% useless in space and coverage, we already have plenty of those types.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eric Berry money for a guy who doesn't even remotely play like Eric Berry. Collins is 100% useless in space and coverage, we already have plenty of those types.

I would rather the Cowboys just find their SS in the draft than to over pay for a glorified version of Jeff Heath.

Reaction score
Collins is a latter day RW31. Can't cover worth shit.
The switch to 3/4 took Roy Williams out of his comfort as a playmaking FS. S in a 3/4 have more coverage responsibility because you are rushing 1 or 2 of you OLB instead of covering the TE or RB that 4/3 LB are responsible to cover. In a 4/3 Roy Williams would have continued his All Pro career.

Reaction score
Fuck no to Eric Reid

He sux in coverage and space, not sure why you keep clamoring for this guy.
Why? Because he was good enough to be a no.1 pick and good enough to get re-signed by the Panthers not to be a free agent. Because he is
Pre-draft measurables
HtWtArm lengthHand size40-yard dash10-yd split20-yd split20-ss3-coneVert jumpBroadBP
6 ft 1 in
(1.85 m)
213 lb
(97 kg)
33 5⁄8 in
(0.85 m)
10 in
(0.25 m)
4.53 s1.53 s2.55 s4.22 s6.99 s40.5 in
(1.03 m)
11 ft 2 in
(3.40 m)
17 reps
All values from NFL Combine.[9]

He was part of one of the best college secondaries (Peterson, Claiborne, Mathieu, and Reid) at LSU. He is younger, faster, bigger and can play either FS or SS.

Just because Jerry Jones is a dumbo GM does not mean a player is not good. Plus he put up better impact play numbers than Heath with less games.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m just glad it’s over. No more talk about signing him. We finally get to move on and don’t have to hear about it anymore

Top Bottom