Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I doubt they give a shit about that. They give a shit about what they can get for a star player who wants to be traded, and the market is open until the trade deadline. The price for their commodity can only go up, barring of course a major injury or damage to the commodity.

They're gambling he won't get hurt, and that our secondary will suck. They have until the trade deadline to find out.

Agree. And Seattle has bigger internal problems. The new S.I. story suggests their locker room is fractured because players arent happy with Russell Wilson getting special treatment.

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Seattle is not going to trade him to us before week 4. The last thing they want is for ET to be a Cowboy when we play them in their house.

“If” they were going to trade him now they would accepted our 2nd round pick that we just offered up a couple days ago.

By Seattle now saying they won’t consider a trade for anything less than a 1st round pick they are basically telling us to fuck off for the time being

Well put.
Seattle saw us panic and say ok ok here's your 2nd rounder and they essentially shat on Jerry's face and then smeared his face in it!!
I agree will all the points made that they are noticing how weak we are in the back end and how we could sorely use an upgrade and maybe Xavier and Frazier work out but they are already hurt and weren't very good to begin with.
I just don't get it...you have the opportunity to get a difference maker on D, to be coached by his old D coordinator and you pussy foot around the issue with your offer instead of going after it.
This FO baffles me...in order to put a puzzle together you have to have all the pieces and the right pieces and right now our FO opened up a puzzle box that's missing so many pieces (and this includes our FO and coaching staff). ET was not only a piece but the right piece!!!
Can't wait for Jerry to join Al Davis...that would be my best off season!!!
This guy has butchered this team for the past 25 years and I just want him to STFU!!!!
Can't wait for the season despite my trepidation that this could be the accident we all rubber neck on the highway!!!
Go 'Boys...

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I'm looking at it the way Seattle most likely is.

Most fans look at it through rose colored glasses. Rose colored glasses hide the truth.

And the truth is, we're very shaky in the secondary. Even though I've seen some improvement over what I called them for years, the Legion of Boobs. They do appear to have some hustle and effort now, which was missing for years - and they do appear to be a more intelligent group than we've had.

But they're yet to be tested in real-game conditions and scenarios. We'll find out more about them tomorrow than we did the entire offseason. I've seen nothing yet to convince me they won't suck and stink up the joint.

Agree for the most part. I think even without Earl our secondary is improved over what we've had throughout the Garrett era. But that's only when healthy.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Agree for the most part. I think even without Earl our secondary is improved over what we've had throughout the Garrett era.
I agree but... That ain't saying much. Cadevers back there would almost be an improvement over the Legion of Boobs era.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
The only thing I don't get is this: Are there really people on here that would give up MORE than a 2nd rounder for Earl Thomas? I am very borderline on giving up a 2nd round pick....I certainly would never give up more than that. If rumors are true that Dallas offered a # 2......I think they were very aggressive. And no, I am not a homer. Watch me in the game thread tomorrow :funny

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its best for everyone to relax anyway

Dont overspend just sign him Next yr w/o giving up anything

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Its best for everyone to relax anyway

Dont overspend just sign him Next yr w/o giving up anything

This. All acquiring Earl Thomas will do this year is screw up the 2019 draft. Costing a second rounder which I expect to be in the 40-45 range, and probably push all picks in every round back about 4 spots. In other words about what last years Eagles abomination did.

Last edited:

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I wanna see how we stand after weeks 3/4. But at that point, a 3 is enough.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The only thing I don't get is this: Are there really people on here that would give up MORE than a 2nd rounder for Earl Thomas? I am very borderline on giving up a 2nd round pick....I certainly would never give up more than that. If rumors are true that Dallas offered a # 2......I think they were very aggressive. And no, I am not a homer. Watch me in the game thread tomorrow :funny

I'm with you and icup totally, we should have just tabled it totally until next offseason when the deal will be better and it won't be a trade situation.

Ragnar

Practice Squad
Reaction score

There really is no reason to give up more than a second rounder. Even a second rounder is debatable. Let's say our draft position is mid range for 2019. The Cowboys could use that second rounder to trade up for some elite talent. We could probably name a few in this past draft in the top 10 not counting QBs. I'm not suggesting we do this, but if the Cowboys are willing to give up a second, trading up is just as good an option as giving it up for a 29 year old Safety. Maybe better. So I wouldn't even entertain giving up a first.

Dupree89

In the Rotation
Reaction score
There really is no reason to give up more than a second rounder. Even a second rounder is debatable. Let's say our draft position is mid range for 2019. The Cowboys could use that second rounder to trade up for some elite talent. We could probably name a few in this past draft in the top 10 not counting QBs. I'm not suggesting we do this, but if the Cowboys are willing to give up a second, trading up is just as good an option as giving it up for a 29 year old Safety. Maybe better. So I wouldn't even entertain giving up a first.

agree

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This. All acquiring Earl Thomas will do this year is screw up the 2019 draft. Costing a second rounder which I expect to be in the 40-45 range, and probably push all picks in every round back about 4 spots. In other words about what last years Eagles abomination did.

The way we are playing it could be 33-40 pick!!!

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
So...does anyone still think they need to trade for ET?

lolololololololololololol

nickb

Practice Squad
Reaction score
So...does anyone still think they need to trade for ET?

lolololololololololololol

Guarantee he makes that pick that Heath whiffed on...shit he had an INT on Sunday!!!
Man makes you think Derwin James would have been a better pick.
Frazier played well which was good to see
I still say hell yeah trade for ET but it certainly seems that D is not going to be the problem this year but still would love to see him wearing Cowboy blue and roaming the deep middle

Top Bottom