Reaction score
That's what the need whores are telling you to do. Reach for a player.

Need whores?

Say what you want if luck is on the board when we pick we will be fielding several trade offers and we wont be drafting him.....

sbk92

Reaction score
Yea, correct me if I'm wrong here but didn't the Pats draft Mayo at 10 with Flacco still on the board. Not sure which players went in between there but I'd say that "take the franchise QB when you already have one no matter what" theory goes out the window seeing as the Pats didn't do it.

Flacco wasn't a top 10 projection.

Not close to a top 10 projection.

So your point is?

C

Cr122

And that would be best case scenario for us.

I'm not talking about trading down 10 picks here... Just a few and we should be able to pick up a couple extra high picks... possibly a quality vet, and still get a guy we were targeting at our original slot.

I'd do that if we were to get a decent player out of the deal.

My mindset is getting a couple players via free agency, then getting at least three quality picks who can start immediately from the draft.

sbk92

Reaction score
Simply noting the fact that he is a franchise QB.

Oh, so you're simply pointing out something that has no bearing of the discussion at hand.

And you don't understand why it isn't relevant to the topic because you're bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Relax, there's no need to take offense to that. I'm just saying...

What you did is prove your low IQ.

That's what a moron does. When they're challenged intellectually, they go right to the childish responses. It's all they have.

sbk92

Reaction score
Goose: When you're drafting in the Top 10, you can never go wrong taking the best player on your board. In the second, third and fourth rounds I'd try to address needs. But never, ever, ever pass up a blue-chip player at the top of a draft to fill a need with a lesser player at a need position. You win championships with blue-chip players. You get them in the Top 10 of drafts.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/12/gosselin-if-stanford-qb-andrew.html

We have your parting gifts at the door.

C

Cr122

There's one position I know we won't draft with our top ten pick, and that's another WR.

If we do it better be A.J. Green. But I'd rather not go that route unless he's BPA.

Reaction score
Goose: When you're drafting in the Top 10, you can never go wrong taking the best player on your board. In the second, third and fourth rounds I'd try to address needs. But never, ever, ever pass up a blue-chip player at the top of a draft to fill a need with a lesser player at a need position. You win championships with blue-chip players. You get them in the Top 10 of drafts.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/12/gosselin-if-stanford-qb-andrew.html

We have your parting gifts at the door.

Goose is speaking in general terms there . . .

With virtually every position on a football team, there are two starters, or at least a heavy rotation. This allows you to get young talent on the field.

That isn't the case with QB. If you have a proven guy, but you're picking at the top of the draft, then odds are you have a lot of talent that needs to be addressed. The backup QB, barring injury, doesn't help the team win games.

When it comes to the QB position, teams who have established quarterbacks in place for the next few years routinely pass on QB's who fall to them.

You might not like it, but it's how the NFL draft is worked -- by both good GM's and not so good ones.

Reaction score
There's one position I know we won't draft with our top ten pick, and that's another WR.

If we do it better be A.J. Green. But I'd rather not go that route unless he's BPA.

Taking another receiver would be retarded. BPA or not.

Reaction score
If he's BPA(AJ green) take him, we could cut ties with Roy and still have a solid WR core albeit cheaper...

I don't want a WR though with that pick, to many position need help and they are above average at wideout now...

Reaction score
Unless he's rated as a 9.5, and the next guy on the board is a 7.2, and we can't find a trading partner, then drafting him would be absolutely retarded.

We have too many holes to waste our time drafting a #3 receiver with our first pick.

It only made sense last year because we got a top 10 talent at #24, and Roy was an underachiever.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Oh, so you're simply pointing out something that has no bearing of the discussion at hand.

And you don't understand why it isn't relevant to the topic because you're bringing a knife to a gun fight.

I was making a general comment in regards to the discussion.

Flacco is a franchise QB who was passed over by the Patriots. He was drafted 18. 8 slots after the Pats picked.

Your whole point in this thread is that if a franchise QB were available, you take him. No matter what.

You brought up him not being close to a top ten projection to dismiss the Pats passing on him because it didn't help your argument. Just like you said Tim Cowlishaw's (a fuckin beat writer) opinion is more important than Jerry Jones' (the owner of the team)...

Also, throw around the word "projection" all you want... What actually happened is the facts. You get "projections" from people not in war rooms. Fact: Flacco was drafted 8 slots after the top 10. I'd say that's pretty fuckin' close. Regardless, the Pats still passed.

Now here's where you respond with.... "well I was talking about top 10 draft picks only". Go ahead.

Your logic = fuckin' retarded.

What you did is prove your low IQ.

That's what a moron does. When they're challenged intellectually, they go right to the childish responses. It's all they have.

This discussion has been over. Alls we're doing now is repeating ourselves. Intellectual responses are done with when you're dealing with a stubborn know-it-all.

You think you're an NFL GM with years of experience stating your opinion as fact. While the rest of us are simply saying what we would and what makes sense.

I said you needed pussy in your life for one reason which can be found on the top of page 5. Your response was pathetic and actually depressing. I know your type. You live on these message boards. Probably an active member on about 10. Banned from a few others. You think you have a reputation over the internet thats means something. And you're 30 something. Maybe 40. But hey, keep "challenging morons intellectually" by all means.

sbk92

Reaction score
I was making a general comment in regards to the discussion.

Flacco is a franchise QB who was passed over by the Patriots. He was drafted 18. 8 slots after the Pats picked.

Your whole point in this thread is that if a franchise QB were available, you take him. No matter what.

My whole point in this thread is if a team is on the clock and a QB is sitting there at the top of their board as the clear BPA, a well run team will take that player.

Not if some 2nd or 3rd round projection happens to pan out and become a franchise QB down the road. Which I don't even know if you can call Flacco that yet.

So your point is you have none. You countered with something that had no bearing to what I'm correctly saying.

This discussion has been over. Alls we're doing now is repeating ourselves. Intellectual responses are done with when you're dealing with a stubborn know-it-all.

Or when you run out of ammo.

Start collecting rocks.

You think you're an NFL GM with years of experience stating your opinion as fact. While the rest of us are simply saying what we would and what makes sense.

I'm saying what I would and what makes sense. You're saying the opposite. I think I'm an NFL GM. You're cool.

The mind of a 12 year old.

I said you needed pussy in your life for one reason which can be found on the top of page 5. Your response was pathetic and actually depressing. I know your type. You live on these message boards. Probably an active member on about 10. Banned from a few others. You think you have a reputation over the internet thats means something. And you're 30 something. Maybe 40. But hey, keep "challenging morons intellectually" by all means.

You said it because you can't hang in an intellectual debate. So you go with the typical troll moron response with no redeeming value whatsoever.

What you want to do is steer the topic away from you being incorrect into a flame war. Won't happen. My song. You dance to it.

So.....as Goose has correctly pointed out, any GM worth their own salt takes that QB in that situation. He's basically saying you're an idiot.

What's your response?

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
My whole point in this thread is if a team is on the clock and a QB is sitting there at the top of their board as the clear BPA, a well run team will take that player.

Not if some 2nd or 3rd round projection happens to pan out and become a franchise QB down the road. Which I don't even know if you can call Flacco that yet.

So your point is you have none. You countered with something that had no bearing to what I'm correctly saying.

Or when you run out of ammo.

Start collecting rocks.

I'm saying what I would and what makes sense. You're saying the opposite. I think I'm an NFL GM. You're cool.

The mind of a 12 year old.

You said it because you can't hang in an intellectual debate. So you go with the typical troll moron response with no redeeming value whatsoever.

What you want to do is steer the topic away from you being incorrect into a flame war. Won't happen. My song. You dance to it.

So.....as Goose has correctly pointed out, any GM worth their own salt takes that QB in that situation. He's basically saying you're an idiot.

What's your response?

lol Come on. I can sit here and just as easily discredit anything you say.

I threw the Flacco situation out there. You make excuses to help your argument.

Common sense tells you a team won't take a qb in the first with an already franchise qb on roster. You make excuses.

A team would never carry two contracts like that at QB. You make excuses.

There's more pressing needs than a 4year bench warmer. You make excuses.

I tell you Jerry's opinion is the only one that actually matters in regards to the team and defending yourself. You make excuses.

How about the fact that the Ravens (whom you mentioned) have never drafted a franchise QB up until Flacco, yet they won the SB. By your logic a QB woulda been drafted yearrrrsss ago. You'll make excuses.

Or how about in the '08 draft when your hero Parcells drafted Jake Long in the first before taking Henne with his second of two choices in the second round? You'll make excuses.

Better yet, in '03 Bill Parcells passed on taking a QB and took a CB going with a bus driver at QB. In '05 he twice passed on a "PROJECTED" top 3 pick in the then free-falling Arron Rodgers to select Ware and Spears. Again, you'll make excuses.

Its all right there through the course of the thread...

Try actually bringing something credible or I won't be responding. So make your next one good.

Thanks Pumpkin.

PS. If you're including something from a writer make sure he's at the very least quoting a source from within. Not stating his fuckin opinion.

sbk92

Reaction score
lol Come on. I can sit here and just as easily discredit anything you say.

I threw the Flacco situation out there. You make excuses to help your argument.

I'm making my argument clear so as not to confuse you.

It's not about after the fact, three years later, who is the franchise QB. It's about what occurs on draft day.

If they had Flacco at the top of their board when they made that pick, you'd have a point. But he wasn't viewed as a franchise QB at the time. That's not my opinion. That's fact. If Flacco was in this draft class he'd be no better than the 5th rated QB.

The truth is neither side can prove this argument because we don't have access to what that team's board looks like.

But I can't imagine teams like New England, Baltimore, Philly....reaching for an inferior prospect. That's asinine. Only an idiot would do that. They preach BPA like a religion.

Top Bottom