Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I went crazy this week, I have 31 entries ranging from $5 to $25 entries.

Ready to fuck shit up this week.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm just getting going, have five entries so far, 6 rosters.

$15 spent of the $25 credit I still have.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm in FanDuel now too, and just got this in email from them - they are answering what i was pointing out about DK before, about big money people doing all the winning:

FanDuel will introduce a code-enforced limit on Sunday night of 500 entries per game schedule at $10 and below for NFL and 250 entries per game schedule at $10 and below for each other sport. Because Monday's NFL contests are already posted, some players may exceed these limits prior to this time.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
shut down in NY. the noose is tightening.
Yeah seenat. Need our resident lawyer to chime in on whether this is gambling or not. The thing is, there's a huge random element to all of it - you can have the best players with the highest average fantasy scores, and still crap out. And you can have nobodies who suddenly bust out for no apparent rhyme or reason. So I'm not sure the ratio between luck v. skill in all of this.

But what really are the stakes you're gambling? The entry fees for the various events which can range from free, to a buck, 3 bucks, 5 bucks, 100, then up to 500, 1000, 2000....? You're betting your fee against the possible awards, which are listed. Also, the amount of people in the event are listed. If this is strictly luck it's possible right then to calculate your odds.

How much of poker is luck? Or any other "game of chance?"

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
it fits the definition of paramutual wagering, so yeah, it's gambling. they just need to do more to secure the integrity and security of placed bets (ie, no insider fraud).

Reaction score
It's definitely gambling. But so are the lottery and horse racing, which are legal basically in every state. The State of NY is just wanting to stick their hands in the pockets of these Daily Fantasy operations, under the guise of "regulation" to "protect the consumer." Other greedy states will likely follow suit.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's definitely gambling. But so are the lottery and horse racing, which are legal basically in every state. The State of NY is just wanting to stick their hands in the pockets of these Daily Fantasy operations, under the guise of "regulation" to "protect the consumer." Other greedy states will likely follow suit.
I can definitely understand it now after BB's reply and yours, I am betting that my set of "horses" I chose for X event(s), can finish "in the money."

And yeah, the states are gonna want their take.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
With one game still active, and me having two players from that game on my roster, I am 52.2 points away from winning $25K on one of my contests. Twenty-five, thousand, dollars.

Not gonna happen, the two players I have left active are Ginn and Olsen.

Had I picked better wide receivers, I would have won this puppy. Really irritating. As it is, I'm winning 10 bucks minimum tonight.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
51.1 points behind #1 now.

myimagehost

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Annnnnnd... That's how I finished in that one. Won 10 bucks after spending 4 to get in.

Top Bottom