Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Seeing all the commercials I finally took the bait and signed onto DraftKings.

The FIRST thing they want is your money. Here's the deposit page:

draftkings.jpg

I went for the $25 and started out with a $3 entry fee, fantasy football one. They give you a "Salary cap" of a fake $50K and you choose your players. Here's what I did:

draftkings2.jpg

It's on like Donkey King.

Anyone here wanna sign up please let me know, I get big credit and love from them if I refer people. So please PM me your email address you wanna use for this and I will generate a invite for you.

Football fantasy contest I entered goes live in 12 hours.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
I did Draft Kings for the first time last week. I put in the $25 but played a free game they were advertising. Out of 383,000 people I placed 74th and won $400. Not bad, I owe a lot of that to Hyde who went off in that night game.

I'm playing again this week, although I don't like the match ups that much.

image.jpeg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I did Draft Kings for the first time last week. I put in the $25 but played a free game they were advertising. Out of 383,000 people I placed 74th and won $400. Not bad, I owe a lot of that to Hyde who went off in that night game.
That's pretty good though. Hell they might grab you for a future commercial spot.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Eh so far it's looking like I bombed this week.
I am doing well for a beginner, since I have Dallas D in there and it is pitching a shutout currently!

I think I wind up finishing out of any money though.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
How are you doing so far? I have thinking about trying it out.

Fyi... The attachments come up system error. Contact the admin.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wound up outta the money due to two reversals of on-field TDs

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I think I figured this out a bit more.

Instead of going with players I know and like, I figured out you can toggle the lists by their average of fantasy points they score. So I started picking the highest scorers at each position. But their salaries are HUGE, leaving me with little money to spend on a flex player and on a defense/special teams team.

So, we'll see how this goes.

thelineup.jpg

You can see on the first one, at the right, I left "a lot of meat on the bone" with $8500 still of salary cap space available. My new lineup, on the left, only has $200 cap space left.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I entered 6 different fantasy contests with this lineup. Three of them are "qualifiers" whatever that is. Two of them are doubles - any winnings are double payout. I am now $36 into this.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just flat bombed out last week but feel better about the chances this week with updated roster.

NOW I am looking not only at their salaries and their average fantasy points, I found where they also rank the opponent each player faces this week. So that when let's say a Julio Jones is going up against the #1 pass defense, maybe you drop him and go with a "lesser" wideout who has Rodgers as QB and is going up against the #29 pass D, and who also scored well above his average in fantasy points last week? And is $1,500 cheaper?

Also with the return of Chancellor, I dumped the Dallas D and went with Seattle. I am leaving NO "meat on the bone" anymore, spending every dime of the salary cap now.

Potential winnings this week is only $102,000 though, would have had to pay more money to get in some of the better paying events. I'll make a deposit next week if I still want to play after this week.

But, this IS fun and it's relatively cheap entertainment so far.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
How much are you spending? Always see the commercials but never tried.
My balance right now is 0 but I have spent $25 total.

They only charge you when you apply your roster to one of the contests, which range in price from 3 bucks to upwards of 300 or more. I play the cheap ones.

If you wanna get in PM me the email address you wanna use and I will send a invite through there, this gives me playing credit for the referral!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
No matter who I choose, they either get hurt or they don't do shit in their games that week.

SO...

This week my roster is LOADED with New England Patriots!

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm doing fan duel and really like it.

already entered in 5 contests for week 5.

Im going to try $100 a week for the rest of the season to see if I can hit big. I lost $58 for the weekend.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I lost $58 for the weekend.
I've had $50 total at risk, so far and have lost $42 of it.

We're suckers financing the winners.

I just discovered we can have different rosters for every event though, and the rosters of other players including the winners are publicly viewable. So, I'm picking up pointers.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I went $200, or there about this week. In like 6 or 7 different contests.

Ill let you guys know when I win like $75k

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Weeks 2 and 3 I didn't hit shit. Week 4 I hit $5. I felt good about some match ups this week and wanted to play a few games but only got a couple in before I ran out of time.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
$87. Witten and Matt Ryan really fucked me out of a few big payoffs.

Top Bottom