cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
sign Richie Incognito.

Pro Bowl player just sitting at home.

I mean, sure he's probably bullying someone or making fun of minorities, but still.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I doubt it'll hurt us as much since we made this commitment to running the ball. On pass plays he worries me a little, but he should be able to knock people off the ball as well as Free.

Pretty amazing, we've been very healthy this year, and the people we have lost have been people we could afford to lose.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Am i the only one who thinks this is actually good news?

It's absolutely not good news. One Free has been solid (minus a couple of hiccups in pass protection) but also because Parnell is not proven at all. He got a pancake on fresh legs at the end of the game, so it's hard to say how he will stack up playing all game, especially in the passing game. Also, this would leave us very thin at OT. Not a good situation at all if Free misses extended time.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's absolutely not good news. One Free has been solid (minus a couple of hiccups in pass protection) but also because Parnell is not proven at all. He got a pancake on fresh legs at the end of the game, so it's hard to say how he will stack up playing all game, especially in the passing game. Also, this would leave us very thin at OT. Not a good situation at all if Free misses extended time.
We're thin there anyway but penalty machine Free isn't any great loss IMO. No doubt they're going to have to bring someone in.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
We're thin there anyway but penalty machine Free isn't any great loss IMO. No doubt they're going to have to bring someone in.

Yeah, and now we are even more thin. It's a bad deal, and Free has been serviceable. You can't argue with that.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Parnell is about to be exposed.

Wouldn't be surprised if they try Martin at RT sooner and have Bernadeau play RG.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yeah, and now we are even more thin. It's a bad deal, and Free has been serviceable. You can't argue with that.
Been able to get by with him, no question. His official backup is a guy named Donald Hawkins and I don't know his status or abilities but I do know he is only 22 and 6-4, 330. The other backup is 7 year pro Bernadeau and I don't know much about him either.

They're dangerously thin in depth in the o-line, and maybe this gives them incentive to address the issue.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Parnell is about to be exposed.

Wouldn't be surprised if they try Martin at RT sooner and have Bernadeau play RG.

I would be okay with that, but I had just as soon Free be able to play rather than disrupt the cohesion we have built on that line. They are destroying teams right now.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
sign Richie Incognito.

Pro Bowl player just sitting at home.

I mean, sure he's probably bullying someone or making fun of minorities, but still.

I just realized how awkward this might be in practice if Incognito and Michael Sam were ever matched up.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Incognito able to play RT? If so I like that idea. I really don't want to mess with what we have with Fred and Martin side by side. I think those two are dominating together. I'd hate to fuck it up. Parnell did look like a monster on that run play maybe he's not gonna be as bad as we think? Idk but I do like signing a vet like Incognito to bring some more nasty to the line.

Top Bottom