Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score
You bitches have heard of Mr. Clean?

Meet "Mr. Cleanerᵀᴹ"

View attachment 8354

It's a common 20 inch box fan for 20 bucks as found at any walmart. Attached to a badass, 4 inch thick, 20x20-inch, MERV-16 carbon-infused HVAC filter.

So for around 80 bucks, I have made an air purifier that does as much or more than ones people spend 400 bucks on. This filter catches everything, even viruses. That means your pollen and other allergens, bacteria, anything down to .3 micron. And of course anything larger, such as dust.

The filter cuts the volume output of this fan down to about half, but that's still 850 CFM which means it will turn over the air in a pretty large room 4 times an hour. Or, my entire house 9 times per day. Scrubbing and scouring the air. The carbon absorbs odors. You can eat four bean burritos and then fart in this mother fucker and dbair won't be able to smell those farts on the other side. Or anyone else.

Texas is reported to be about to encounter a "pollen tsunami" due to the arctic cold snap we had. This will take care of that, in my house.

Filter is rated to last 6 months in a 4000CFM HVAC air handler in continous duty, I calculate that my usage of it at 850CFM intermittently, (pointless to run this while windows open) means it will last at least eight years before the filter starts to clog. Then you just pick up another one and mount the sumbitch on there.

Cheap, long-lasting redneck air purification ingenuity you fuckin dickheads!

You may now resume shaving your back.

Ingenious. And you probably don't even need that 5 inch filter for it to work as well as a $400 air purifier.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
And you probably don't even need that 5 inch filter for it to work as well as a $400 air purifier.
You need the 4 inch filter if you're using MERV 16 in this application, otherwise there wouldn't be enough air flow from the bladed fan to make any difference. Surface area is what it's all about. The high-dolla air purifiers typically use squirrel cage mini blowers not blades. Forced air instead of passive air like this is. If you used a MERV 16, 1-inch filter for this application you wouldn't get shit for air flow in CFM. It would be exactly what yimmy said earlier, "Thats of bullshit that wont accomplish jack shit!"

Top Bottom