krag1965

Cheerleader
Reaction score
There's no way that Garrett IS NOT on the hot seat in 2018. Even the casual fans have turned on him.
Notice today on the Cowboys official FB page, the Eagles victory didn’t go unnoticed. The fans let the organization know that this indignation, Eagles winning without key players and the Cowboys choking with home field advantage, will not be ignored. Some pretty good shots were given, and like the Emperor said let the hate flow thru you. So next season I think is already lost, Garrett is back, so I want to see if Jones will keep him for 19.

No doubt Jerral probably look at the comments, and still don’t care, but he knows his brand is taking major hits. There is going to come a point he won’t be able to protect Garrett anymore, then we’ll see if this prick is going to do what he should have done in 2013 season, fire this asshole...

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The eagles loose their star QB and make it to the playoffs, win in the playoffs, make it to the championship game with a back up QB, win the championship game with back up QB, make it to the Super Bowl with a back up QB, and beat the fucking Patriots dynasty of a team with Tom fucking Brady and Bill Belichick at the helm to win the Super Bowl

ALL WITH A BACK UP QB!!!!

meanwhile in Jerry land, Romo goes down and we go 4-12 on the season with our back ups!!!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
And I forgot to mention, one of those looser backups is now Daks QB coach

It all makes total fucking sense to me! Great Job Jeruh! Great Job!

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
There's no way that Garrett IS NOT on the hot seat in 2018. Even the casual fans have turned on him.

I want to believe, but right now I bet it only makes Jerry more determined to prove everyone wrong... which means more Garrett.

Unfortunately, it's going to take a major meltdown -- like another 2015 -- for Jerry to pull the trigger.

Reaction score
Notice today on the Cowboys official FB page, the Eagles victory didn’t go unnoticed. The fans let the organization know that this indignation, Eagles winning without key players and the Cowboys choking with home field advantage, will not be ignored. Some pretty good shots were given, and like the Emperor said let the hate flow thru you. So next season I think is already lost, Garrett is back, so I want to see if Jones will keep him for 19.

No doubt Jerral probably look at the comments, and still don’t care, but he knows his brand is taking major hits. There is going to come a point he won’t be able to protect Garrett anymore, then we’ll see if this prick is going to do what he should have done in 2013 season, fire this asshole...

Should have never hired him to begin with, but Jerry likes him some empty resumes. He's more comfortable that way.

Terrance mcclain

Spectator
Reaction score
Should have never hired him to begin with, but Jerry likes him some empty resumes. He's more comfortable that way.

It hurts to think that the cowboys could have hired Jim Schwartz as their defensive coordinator.
They also could have hired Gus Bradley but decided to stick with rod

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You can forget the Cowboys making a HC change. Jerry has already doubled down on Carot top
Jerral is so insecure about himself just hiring a new coach would displease him. Mark my words, if the Cowboys even make it to 10-6 and miss the playoffs, Jones will come up with any & every reason to keep Garrett....
I want to believe, but right now I bet it only makes Jerry more determined to prove everyone wrong... which means more Garrett.
I've come to the conclusion the actual deal is, Jerral firmly believes Garrett is some wunderkind genius, and if he lets him walk he will immediately take another team to the dance. In Jerral's mind this is what happened with Sean Payton, and he's even said as much recently - that quote about how as a wildcatter you stick with the same dry hole, because as soon as you abandon it the next guy comes along and hits the gusher that should have been yours?

Jerral has no earthly clue what a great coach looks like - due to his total lack of respect for the job itself. BUT, his pickled brain is convinced Garrett is just exactly that and By God the idiot writers who voted Garrett coach of the year in the Associated Press poll confirmed it for him.

Secondarily, yes I am sure he has a fervent desire to prove all Garrett doubters and haters wrong. Regardless of how long it takes.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion the actual deal is, Jerral firmly believes Garrett is some wunderkind genius, and if he lets him walk he will immediately take another team to the dance. In Jerral's mind this is what happened with Sean Payton, and he's even said as much recently - that quote about how as a wildcatter you stick with the same dry hole, because as soon as you abandon it the next guy comes along and hits the gusher that should have been yours?

Jerral has no earthly clue what a great coach looks like - due to his total lack of respect for the job itself. BUT, his pickled brain is convinced Garrett is just exactly that and By God the idiot writers who voted Garrett coach of the year in the Associated Press poll confirmed it for him.

Secondarily, yes I am sure he has a fervent desire to prove all Garrett doubters and haters wrong. Regardless of how long it takes.

They're not idiots. Me being the cynical and conspiratorial-minded person that I am, I suspect that if a group of people HATES the Cowboys so much, but at the same time recognize that they are a good team with a lousy HC and a fool for a GM and owner --- same person, and said HC is what is keeping them back from taking the next step, what would you do? You'd vote for him to be CoY and thereby ensure that the fool GM/owner will keep him, and continue the spinning wheels in mud, while the car continues to sink.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I will believe that when I see it

Everyone has been saying that for years and nothing has changed

Not true. Just recently you are seeing more pundits --- national and local that are either outright calling out Garrett, or making veiled reference to him negatively. People are finally getting to where THIS BOARD has already been in regards to Garrett. You're seeing more social media that is anti-Garrett. Not saying anything will come of it, but you will he hard-pressed to find any Garrett supporters. Take Aikman, a huge Garrett supporter, while he will not badmouth Garrett, him not mentioning Garrett speaks volumes.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett being named COTY was the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise

That bought I’m at least two more seasons of his process

Had he not been named COTY the other year than he might have actually been in the hot seat this off season

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No doubt, especially with one year left on their contracts, he'll be looking to avoid eating those contracts

We desperately need a massive crater next season, like an 0-16 crater

if the cowboys have any hope of ever getting needed change, we need this house to burn to the mother fucking ground

And he still won't be fired. Think about it. If Jerry let's Garrett go 0-16, Garrett will not be fired. And Jerry would let him go 0-16. Because any SANE GM/owner would not let it go to 0-16. The HC would be fired at 0-8, 0-10 AT THE MOST.

Im would like to see this team go 0-16. It'd tear it apart. Imagine the uproar.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Garrett being named COTY was the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise

Had he not been named COTY the other year than he might have actually been in the hot seat this off season

I said that when it happened. The season was fine with Linehan running the offense, but Garrett wants to meddle. Likes to fix what is not broken. He did it against the Packers in the playoffs and we saw the results. We complain about Garrett not making adjustment, but actually he does. When he involves himself in the playcalling and it goes to shit... he then turns it back over to Linehan and have Linehan bail him out. Sometimes it works, other times too little too late.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They're not idiots.
They ARE idiots. Educated idiots. They LOVE Ginger because of his Ivy League education and his quasi-intellectual word salad. They love him because he isn't in any way related to the state of Texas except through his employment. They hated Wade because of his Texas heritage, mannerisms, Texas drawl and colloquialisms. They don't conspire to vote together on CoTY based on fandom or hatred of teams. They're simply stupid, they think that 13-3 season must have been a miracle and therefore it was Genius Boy Wonder Garrett's doing. The conspiracy crap is just victimology. Playing the victim card. Poor, poor little ole us, the whole world is conspiring against us. Thousands of refs, writers, sportscasters and By God even the weather get together and have meetings to figure out how to do us in.

Newsflash - the Dallas Cowboys Franchise isn't relevant enough to have any conspiracies against it. Jerral has seen to that. Keep it simple, use the razor of wisdom.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Only a stooge like Jerry actually BELIEVES being voted coach of the year equates to being a good coach.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They ARE idiots. Educated idiots. They LOVE Ginger because of his Ivy League education and his quasi-intellectual word salad. They love him because he isn't in any way related to the state of Texas except through his employment. They hated Wade because of his Texas heritage, mannerisms, Texas drawl and colloquialisms. They don't conspire to vote together on CoTY based on fandom or hatred of teams. They're simply stupid, they think that 13-3 season must have been a miracle and therefore it was Genius Boy Wonder Garrett's doing. The conspiracy crap is just victimology. Playing the victim card. Poor, poor little ole us, the whole world is conspiring against us. Thousands of refs, writers, sportscasters and By God even the weather get together and have meetings to figure out how to do us in.

Newsflash - the Dallas Cowboys Franchise isn't relevant enough to have any conspiracies against it. Jerral has seen to that. Keep it simple, use the razor of wisdom.

My theory is as good as any. My point is this: if I were a person that hated the Cowboys and recognized the detriment that both Garrett and Jones were to that team, I'd pray that Jerry lives a long life and stay involved with the Cowboys as long, and hope he would retain Garrett forever; secure in the knowledge that the Cowboys will NEVER win it as long as Garrett is the HC.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Interesting thing is that Wade commanded the respect of the players, unlike Garrett. Wade to this day is well-respected throughout the league by players and coaches, Garrett is not.

CouchCoach

Cheerleader
Reaction score
Only a stooge like Jerry actually BELIEVES being voted coach of the year equates to being a good coach.

And how about his gold jacket? Why do you think he thinks he has that? Booger knows he's not getting it done but in his mind is not even close to as bad as most think he is.

If you looked at the overall tone on his own website, how could he let that continue? One thing here or on the Zone but on the team's web site? The number of disgruntled fans grows each season and I saw posters over there change over time into a very negative frame of mind and who can blame them? Waiting for change that is unlikely to come.

If you watched that spin he tried to do about admitting to Costas that he should have fired his incompetent GM, you saw how the man responds to criticism. The same way the stooge that pulled his chain and got him to threaten his players about the anthem takes criticism.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
But what makes more money than when the fucking Cowboys are winning? Does Jerry fucking thinks that the two are mutually exclusive? I can guarantee that Jerry would get more money winning than losing.

But then Jerry wouldn’t have as much fun if he weren’t doing it HIS way.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No doubt, fans in Dallas are triggered right now, but Jerral don't care. I think what's going on right now is that hardcore Cowboys fans in Dallas ever see Jones out in the street, they'll let him have it with both barrels. He better not come up with an excuse to keep Garret next season, or you might see some real drama...

I think it’s pretty set in stone that Red has at least two more years in Dallas.

Top Bottom