dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Orton is the better pocket passer but Orton can't do what Tebow can do. There was a reason John Fox pulled Orton.

Yeah, they gave into overwhelming fan sentiment. Hell Tebow couldnt even outplay Brady Quinn in preseason and was demoted to 3rd string.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
I think most the hate is because he is a Christian. Yet, I don't see shit said about the amount of Muslim players in the league that have names you cannot even pronounce. The left wing has sure done a great job at vilifying Christians who are the most tolerate religion in the world these days.

Take away the Christian and I'd still want my kids to use Tebow as a role model. I can't say he is a great QB, but as a human being I don't think I could find anyone better for them to emulate in all the sports world.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I think most the hate is because he is a Christian. Yet, I don't see shit said about the amount of Muslim players in the league that have names you cannot even pronounce. The left wing has sure done a great job at vilifying Christians who are the most tolerate religion in the world these days.

Take away the Christian and I'd still want my kids to use Tebow as a role model. I can't say he is a great QB, but as a human being I don't think I could find anyone better for them to emulate in all the sports world.

Great points. I hate left wing nutjobs.

Reaction score

I don't know about Christians being the most tolerant people in the world right now.. but i do agree Tebow seems to be a great human being and someone who goes about everything he does the right way. There shouldn't be any hate for a guy like that.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
This shit is funny as hell to me.

Tebow, and only Tebow, is villified because he is a Christian. The "media", mostly comprised of ex-players like Deion who gave all credit to God for whatever he did on the field, are out to just get Tebow because of his faith.

How come Jesse Holley doesn't have to carry such a burden? His twitter feed is littered with thanking God. How long did he sit on his knees with arms open to the skies back in Frisco? Couple hours or so?

What about Marion Barber? He posts passages IIRC.

What percentage of football players give thanks to God before all else? I'd bet it's high.

I don't even understand the "media hates Tebow" angle. Most of the Tebow hate that I see is from the fans who claim to be sick of the media love fest. Wasn't that the biggest gripe when he was coming out?

So the media around draft time loved him........for whatever reason. And then all of sudden they turned on him because he was Christian? I guess his verse references on his eyeblack weren't message enough he was Christian and it wasn't until after he was drafted that the media found out he was Christian.

The fact is, the media doesn't hate him. They've propped him up to be some invincible athlete since the day took over at Florida. It's the fans who hate him. I can't even recall the number of people I've seen bash the guy for no apparent reason. I've also seen him be rightfully criticized for reasons that are deserved, like inability to pass.

The only reason people "hate" him is because he was forced into nearly every conversation leading up until the draft. Every broadcasted Florida game gushed about how great he was on the field, off the field and everywhere in between. People get sick of that shit.

The "hated for being a Christian" line is lame and completely false. You can't find me any other player that you could say the same about so I guess he's the only open Christian in the NFL? It's a made up argument.

I root for the guy. I hope he proves people wrong and keeps winning but I'm not gonna sit here and say that Tebow criticism is unjustified and is only happening because of his faith. That's just dishonest. He really can't throw that well at all and he was hyped more-so than maybe any player I have ever seen coming out of college. It's the price of popularity. The more people talk about you and build you up, the more other people want to tear you down regardless of which religion you practice.

Top Bottom