Reaction score
Denver Post calls Tebow worst quarterback in league
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on October 30, 2011, 8:39 PM EDT

The Detroit Lions have apparently cured Denver of Tebow Fever, at least for a week.

Here’s the take from Mark Kizla of the Denver Post on Sunday.

“[Tim] Tebow played as ineptly as any sorry excuse for a pro quarterback possibly could. He was laughably bad,” Kiszla wrote.

Oh, there’s more:

“Those five wonderful minutes against Miami now look like an aberration. Right here, right now, he is the worst quarterback in the NFL.”

Those five wonderful minutes only happened because the Dolphins couldn’t secure an onside kick last week. The praise for Tebow after that performance was silly and this reaction is going too far the other way.

Tebow looked like one of the worst starters in the league last week, and that was the case again Sunday. But it was two games, and Tebow’s career prospects don’t need to be re-evaluated every start.

Tebow has the rest of the season to prove he can start in Denver. (Although might need to get better in the next month or we’ll see Brady Quinn in December.)

But let’s calm down for a minute and admit Tebow is making everyone a little crazy. At least give him the month before declaring he’s the best or worst anything

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That's a shitty thing to say about someone. It's not like he's not trying. Did Mark Kizla say the same thing about Jamarcus Russell after his first 5 games? I highly doubt it.

Cythim

Reaction score
That's a shitty thing to say about someone. It's not like he's not trying. Did Mark Kizla say the same thing about Jamarcus Russell after his first 5 games? I highly doubt it.

Different player, different circumstances. Russell was never lauded as a savior. Seeing how the guy writes for Denver, he probably did have negative things to say about Russell when he struggled.

Reaction score
I'd actually take Beck over Tebow. At least he can look like an NFL qb at times.

Tebow wins games. I laugh at those who were laughing at Tebow a few weeks ago. He may not have the skills to be successful consistently in the long term in the NFL, but damn man, you have to be impressed how he just finds ways to help his team win. He certainly looks like he has all the intangibles you could ever want from a guy, and its inspiring to watch his team rally around him for sure. Nice game tonight, he came through when it mattered most. How could anyone hate the guy?

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tebow wins games. I laugh at those who were laughing at Tebow a few weeks ago. He may not have the skills to be successful consistently in the long term in the NFL, but damn man, you have to be impressed how he just finds ways to help his team win. He certainly looks like he has all the intangibles you could ever want from a guy, and its inspiring to watch his team rally around him for sure. Nice game tonight, he came through when it mattered most. How could anyone hate the guy?

I dont hate the guy, but I do hate the hype around him.

He played good football on one drive last night and overall had very little to do with them winning that game, yet the insane "Tebow is a winner!!!!"..."Tebow cant lose!!!!" stuff runs on and on.

C

Cr122

Tebow is proving a lot of people wrong. He by no means will be a complete passer in this league, but will do enough to win games.

4-1 as a starter so far. Not bad for someone who was told he would fail at the next level.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Tebow is proving a lot of people wrong. He by no means will be a complete passer in this league, but will do enough to win games.

4-1 as a starter so far. Not bad for someone who was told he would fail at the next level.

They'll be drafting or trading for his replacement as soon as this season is over.

Reaction score
They'll be drafting or trading for his replacement as soon as this season is over.

Let's say Tebow gets them to 9-7 after they started 1-4 without him. How do you explain to your fanbase that you are replacing a 2nd year player who just went 8-3?

Mr.Po

Reaction score
Jesus in cleats keeps finding ways to win.

The law of averages is going to catch up sooner rather than later. It's a nice little run there on and a nice story but sooner or later the lack of offensive production is going to be a derailment.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Jesus has returned and he's taken the form of an NFL QB.

I wonder what would have happened if he could have run like this last time.

C

Cr122

I'm pulling for Tebow. I hope he continues to improve.

Although I don't believe he'll ever be a pure pocket passer.

Sooner or later this run option will be figured out. The Jets were stupid to blitz on 3rd and 4 with a guy like Tebow just waiting to break free on a run. You'd think Rex would've said something to his coaches about that.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Let's say Tebow gets them to 9-7 after they started 1-4 without him. How do you explain to your fanbase that you are replacing a 2nd year player who just went 8-3?

Not all that hard if the guy cant complete passes. He really isnt the reason they've won any of these games.

C

Cr122

Not all that hard if the guy cant complete passes. He really isnt the reason they've won any of these games.

Maybe so, but he's won the last 3 for them because of his legs. I mean take him out and put Orton in there. Different scenario. They wouldn't be 4-1 at this point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Maybe so, but he's won the last 3 for them because of his legs. I mean take him out and put Orton in there. Different scenario. They wouldn't be 4-1 at this point.

Hard to say. Orton is vastly better as a passer, so it seems likely to me they'd probably have scored more points to begin with.

They are winning because their defense is paying decent, and other than the Lions game (a blowout loss) all the other games were against teams with QB's/offenses playing putrid football.

C

Cr122

Hard to say. Orton is vastly better as a passer, so it seems likely to me they'd probably have scored more points to begin with.

They are winning because their defense is paying decent, and other than the Lions game (a blowout loss) all the other games were against teams with QB's/offenses playing putrid football.

Orton is the better pocket passer but Orton can't do what Tebow can do. There was a reason John Fox pulled Orton.

Reaction score
I dont hate the guy, but I do hate the hype around him.

He played good football on one drive last night and overall had very little to do with them winning that game, yet the insane "Tebow is a winner!!!!"..."Tebow cant lose!!!!" stuff runs on and on.

Blame the media for that.. don't hate the kid for it though. He's done everything the right way since he's come into this league and it is inspiring watching his team rally around him. That last game winning drive he put together last night was pretty fun to watch.

Top Bottom