dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Deion Sanders on Jim Harbaugh: 49ers players 'want him out'

By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

September 29, 2014 1:03 pm ET

Any complaints about Jim Harbaugh's coaching style were easy to overlook while the team was winning, and the 49ers were winning a lot. Since arriving in San Francisco in 2011, Harbaugh has gone 13-3, 11-4-1 and 12-4, making three consecutive conference championship games and advancing to the Super Bowl after the 2012 season.

But his act, which was reportedly wearing thin before this season, remains an issue for some of his players, even in the wake of a huge win Sunday over the Eagles. That's the latest, according to Hall of Famer and NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders, who didn't mince words during Sunday night's telecast.

"They want him out," Sanders said, via NFL.com. "They're not on the same page. I really want to know if they're really playing for the head coach. I got a question with that. Are you really down with your head coach, San Francisco 49ers? Because the way it looks and what I'm hearing, you're really not down for your head coach. And that's a problem. They really got some problems that we hear rumblings. We all know people inside locker rooms."

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport offered more specifics Sunday morning: "Some of the complaints include the fact that he kind of treats them like children. In fact, on planes, I'm told, they're not allowed to play music, they're not allowed to play cards. Small things, but these are the things that really can rankle players, even though the veterans do get to sit in first class."

Back in March, the Sacramento Bee reported that -- wait for it -- Harbaugh's "act has worn thin" with several members of the locker room, though a day later veteran wideout Anquan Boldin disputed the notion.

"I don't think there's any rift between players and coaches, particularly Coach Harbaugh," Boldin said at the time. "He has good rapport with all the guys I know of. There's no gripes in the locker room when it comes to Coach Harbaugh. He wants to win and everybody in the locker room wants to do the same. We're usually on same page and if not, we have it where we can talk to him and he can talk to us."

Maybe Boldin's right, but FOXSports.com's Jay Glazer reported earlier this month that, "I'd be surprised if Jim Harbaugh is back in San Francisco next year."

Just be careful what you ask for; before Harbaugh arrived, the 49ers had finished below .500 in seven of the previous eight seasons.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Agreed. Michigan needs him and he seems more suited for college. Perfect storm. San Fran can "let" him go coach his alma mater and keep Greg Roman. Michigan makes big splash hiring.

Reaction score
it would be nice to see the Niners get a worse coach & being a Michigan fan. Wouldn't mind seeing Harbaugh coach there.

lons

UDFA
Reaction score
This is what would have happened to Jimmy had the Jerry / Jimmy feud not ended things early.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Apparently several players are denying this. I'm sure the guy isn't always the most fun to play for, but what good coach is?

Deion is just full of shit like usual. Probably talked to some slacker who didn't think he was being pampered enough.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport and Jay Glazer reported similar rumors as Deion.

Where there's smoke, there's usually fire. I think there might be some truth to this.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed. Michigan needs him and he seems more suited for college. Perfect storm. San Fran can "let" him go coach his alma mater and keep Greg Roman. Michigan makes big splash hiring.

Every day that goes by this week there in Ann Arbor seems to add more and more $$$$ to what Harbaugh is gonna get from them.

Talk about a desperate situation.

Reaction score
Anything that stirs up problems with the FagNiners makes me happy. :cheers2

Im not a hater by nature.

However, Of all the Cowboys NFL rivals, the 40Whiners are on top of my shit list. :gtfoslap

Reaction score
I had hopes of him coming here next year, but he never would. There was a San Fran beat writer on sportscenter or whatever and he said Harbaugh hates anything not related to football. Owner scheduled the stadium ribbon cutting ceremony and harbaugh scheduled practice at the same time. Didn't want his coaches and players involved.

There is no way he'd put up with Jerry's bullshit.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
He'll be like Saban and go right back to college. Like the other guys mentioned... he's going to Michigan.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This is what would have happened to Jimmy had the Jerry / Jimmy feud not ended things early.
Nonsense. There's no comparison at all between Jimmy and Harbaugh in the "hard on players" department. Harbaugh is a Nazi compared to Jimmy.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I had hopes of him coming here next year, but he never would. There was a San Fran beat writer on sportscenter or whatever and he said Harbaugh hates anything not related to football. Owner scheduled the stadium ribbon cutting ceremony and harbaugh scheduled practice at the same time. Didn't want his coaches and players involved.

There is no way he'd put up with Jerry's bullshit.
LOL Pretty cool. I like him even more now.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Nonsense. There's no comparison at all between Jimmy and Harbaugh in the "hard on players" department. Harbaugh is a Nazi compared to Jimmy.

No comparison between the Rings department either.

Top Bottom