Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Everyone knew Detroit was going to go down and score. That's what the defense does. The offense goes to the sideline with a 6 point lead, the defense just has to keep them out of the endzone.
Five turnovers and four forced punts. All we needed was one more forced punt or one more turnover, right? Meanwhile we expect a injury riddled and TIRED defense (Seven punts by Dallas and 3/11 on 3rd down) to just frikkin stop them this one more time.

It's a wash. Gimme a FG off one of the turnovers and that last drive by Detroit isn't the winning drive.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo is truly a amazing story though. For where he's come from to what he's accomplished truly is remarkable. Gotta give him props.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Romo is truly a amazing story though. For where he's come from to what he's accomplished truly is remarkable. Gotta give him props.

Romo Was cool as shit his first few years. But since he has got to be less likeable.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Romo Was cool as shit his first few years. But since he has got to be less likeable.
I respect what he's accomplished vs. where he came from and what tools he had to work with. That 50 million guaranteed contract, the coup of the Century. Gotta admire that.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Five turnovers and four forced punts. All we needed was one more forced punt or one more turnover, right? Meanwhile we expect a injury riddled and TIRED defense (Seven punts by Dallas and 3/11 on 3rd down) to just frikkin stop them this one more time.

It's a wash. Gimme a FG off one of the turnovers and that last drive by Detroit isn't the winning drive.

That is always the deal with this team. If the D plays well, the offense slacks off and vice versa.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That is always the deal with this team. If the D plays well, the offense slacks off and vice versa.
And the D didn't really play all that great, giving up alot of yards. It was far from their best result.

But By GOD I am old fashioned I guess. If we get five turnovers vs. giving up NONE I expect to frikkin WIN that one. Especially with the "Romo Friendly" offense Jerry built around one guy.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
But wait, the defense has an automatic out because they're hurt or tired?

They had a great/good 3 qtrs of football, but shit the bed late in crunch time.

You're absolving blame for the defense, but do the exact opposite when it comes to Romo. Hmmmm.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
By your definition, if Romo throws 3 tds 0ints for 58 minutes, but throws a pick with a few minutes left, who's at fault? He played a hell of a game for 58 minutes.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
But wait, the defense has an automatic out because they're hurt or tired?

They had a great/good 3 qtrs of football, but shit the bed late in crunch time.

You're absolving blame for the defense, but do the exact opposite when it comes to Romo. Hmmmm.
That's not what I am doing at all. I said, "It's a wash" because it is. The defense gives you five turnovers, you should win the game and not just give the ball back to the opponent all five times. And you're saying the defense merely needed to come up with one more turnover, or force just one more punt. See? It's the same as me saying gee, we sure coulda used some points off those five turnovers. Sure coulda used one or two less punts than the seven we did. Both statements are true. It's a wash.
By your definition, if Romo throws 3 tds 0ints for 58 minutes, but throws a pick with a few minutes left, who's at fault? He played a hell of a game for 58 minutes.
You mean, 30 minutes? Actual time of possession not counting bench time? He's never actually had to play for 58 minutes.

And the pick you speak of? If it is a obvious BONEHEAD throw like so many of his late picks are, who do you blame?

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Doomsday, you are discounting the playcalling in all this. If Garrett could call a decent game, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
And is there a difference between what the defense did against Detroit and what Romo and the offense did against Denver?

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I imagine it would be nice to watch a team that doesn't have to score last every week in order to win.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Depends on our definition of shitting the bed.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Doomsday, you are discounting the playcalling in all this. If Garrett could call a decent game, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Not at all, I said earlier redball gets enamored with what he sees on film, and sticks with it too long and doesn't adjust - even when it's been made abundantly clear it's not working. I wasn't laying any blame at all, just pointing out how things went on some of the close losses.
And is there a difference between what the defense did against Detroit and what Romo and the offense did against Denver?
You're comparing a game which had only one punt, where neither defense stopped the other to a significant degree, to what happened vs. Detroit? Comparing a game where the turnovers were even vs. a game where Dallas was +5 but scored no points off the five turnovers?

Top Bottom