cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
1 is Staubach, no doubt, and he's the only reason Aikman is 2.

I'd go 3 Romo, 4 Dak, and 5 Danny White with the understanding that Dak is likely to pass Romo in the next 5 years.

Now, better question. ...Top 5 RB's?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Emmitt
Dorsett
Zeke
Walker (though I wish he played longer)
Barber

Missed the cut: Perkins, Hill, Thomas

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
1 is Staubach, no doubt, and he's the only reason Aikman is 2.

I'd go 3 Romo, 4 Dak, and 5 Danny White with the understanding that Dak is likely to pass Romo in the next 5 years.

Now, better question. ...Top 5 RB's?

Emmitt
Dorsett
Murray
Barber
Don Perkins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Emmitt
Dorsett
Murray
Barber
Don Perkins

Murray and Barber over Zeke? No way Mr. B. Murray had one great year. No way he's ahead of Zeke and no way he's #3 on that list. Murray had 4526 rushing yards in Dallas and one great year where he had over 1800 yards which was his final season. Zeke has 5400 yards in 4 years. Zeke also has more receiving yards and all this while being suspended for part of a season.

Emmitt
Dorsett
Zeke
Perkins (although Perkins should probably be 3rd)
Murray/Walker

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
1) Roger
2) Troy
3) Dandy and I will admit I only saw tail end of career and was very young at the time.
4) Danny White who my appreciation grows for the further from his career. Would you wanna be the QB that followed Staubach'?
5) Romo. Sorry dooms he gave us many heartbreaking yet entertaining moments.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
1) Emmitt. Warrior period. If my life depended on winning one game, he is my tail back.

2) Dorsett. I love players who are a threat to take it to the house on every touch.

3) Duane Thomas. Went back and watched a few of his old games. As talented as any back that played here.

4) Don Perkins see comments on Dandy Don. Played when men were men.

5) Zeke gifted and born to play the position. Wish he had Emmitt's win or die trying mentally. I am afraid he will be like every post millennium Cowboys star player. Empty stats and no ring.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Staubach, Aikman, Romo, White (based mainly on a longer body of work), Dak.

Emmitt, Dorsett, Zeke, Perkins, Barber.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
5) Romo. Sorry dooms he gave us many heartbreaking yet entertaining moments.
Dunno why you're apologizing to me over Romo at #5. I have him right about there too. A product of his era, he wouldn't have lasted 10 minutes in Roger, Danny or Don's time. Or Troy's.

Fortunately I got to see Meredith play quite a bit and it's nice to see someone else remember and appreciate him. One tough SoB. Would shred defenses today were he in his prime and playing under today's rules.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
One tough SoB. Would shred defenses today were he in his prime and playing under today's rules.

Just imagine what any of these all-time greats would do in today's game. Roger and Troy would destroy defenses. Especially Troy who I think was more accurate than any QB we had.

And good call on Meredith. I never saw him play and he should probably be somewhere on my list.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Murray and Barber over Zeke? No way Mr. B. Murray had one great year. No way he's ahead of Zeke and no way he's #3 on that list. Murray had 4526 rushing yards in Dallas and one great year where he had over 1800 yards which was his final season. Zeke has 5400 yards in 4 years. Zeke also has more receiving yards and all this while being suspended for part of a season.

Emmitt
Dorsett
Zeke
Perkins (although Perkins should probably be 3rd)
Murray/Walker

Yea not sure why I left Zeke off that list.

Emmitt
Dorsett
Zeke
Perkins
Murray

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I really thought Julius Jones was the next big thing. He just couldn't sustain it.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really thought Julius Jones was the next big thing. He just couldn't sustain it.

You're not the only one. But that pick was silly to begin with. You pick a RB in the first round when you have MBIII? You can find those change of pace speedy backs later in the draft.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
You're not the only one. But that pick was silly to begin with. You pick a RB in the first round when you have MBIII? You can find those change of pace speedy backs later in the draft.
2nd round. We passed on Steven Jackson in the 1st.

Top Bottom