NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Apparently we spent some time interviewing Dak Prescott today

I like him. Would rather us grab one of those defensive stars in the first and shoot for Prescott later. I think he could do well in a few years after sitting behind Romo.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fox Sports Radio host Jay Mohr talked Cowboys and NFL draft with FoxSports.com senior national writer Peter Schrager. Here are some highlights.

The Cowboys. Who do you have them taking?

Peter Schrager: Jared Goff, fourth overall.

If they take a quarterback, that's terrible general managership.

Peter Schrager: I don't think you realize the emotional rollercoaster that that team went through this year once Tony Romo went down. And they were dealing with Matt Cassel and Brandon Weeden and Kellen Moore. And Jerry Jones having flashbacks to Chad Hutchinson and Quincy Carter and the dark years that he's had with the Cowboys when they don't have a quarterback. Jared Goff, if he's there at number four, is a reliable guy that they can bring in there and groom for a year. This isn't like they're going to go play him right away. And yes, there's a very big possibility that Myles Jack is the fourth pick or they go and they get DeForest Buckner and they've got an instant impact guy. I'm not doubting that possibility. But if you for a second don't think that the Cowboys need a quarterback for the future, you obviously didn't watch them this year. And if they can get a bonafide top 10 guy, I think it's definitely worth consideration. And I know Jerry, and he's an emotional man. And if he falls in love with that quarterback ... oh baby!

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Matt Mosley (@mattmosley)
2/26/16, 6:58 PM
I don't think the Cowboys like Goff or Wentz that much more than Lynch. That's why moving down could be in play.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Matt Mosley (@mattmosley)
2/26/16, 6:58 PM
I don't think the Cowboys like Goff or Wentz that much more than Lynch. That's why moving down could be in play.

interesting

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
mosely just flapping his gums. No one really has figured out much of anything at this time and unless Mosely is quoting Red Ball stephen or jerruh its all worthless anyway

Mosley has been the most accurate o Cowboys draft stuff for years I think.

Pretty sure at one point he had nailed the Cowboys top pick in the days before the drfat something like 5 or 6 times in a row. Maybe TE knows for sure but I think it was Mosley.

dgfred

Spectator
Reaction score
I think all 3 top QBs have excellent potential. Wentz is a stud that can throw, Goff throws with ease and accurate, Lynch is Flacco's size but more athletic. Good players.

Bosa is a very solid pick. Ramsey too... but you may always reach a little for someone you really want/need.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Mosley has been the most accurate o Cowboys draft stuff for years I think.

Pretty sure at one point he had nailed the Cowboys top pick in the days before the drfat something like 5 or 6 times in a row. Maybe TE knows for sure but I think it was Mosley.

just before the draft? sure. Two months before the draft? BS.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Actually he's been more accurate earlier, because a couple of times he was fed disinformation at the last minute when he had the pick correct and had been talking about it. Right now before the board is even made is probably a little early, though.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Was it Mosley who stated that the Cowboys are definitely not taking Tyron Smith a week before that draft?

I'm not sure if it was him or one of the other Cowboys reporters but they got played that year. The Cowboys were all over Smith and even turned down a really decent offer from Jacksonville to trade down.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I remember that but don't recall who the reporter was.

That guy got owned bigtime.

Top Bottom