Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Deshawn Watson’s cap hit for next season will be nearly $55 million which is the highest cap hit in NFL history.

This guy hasn’t even played an entire season for the Browns yet.

That franchise will never have success with the crazy player personnel decisions that they make year in and year out.

They are doomed to be the bottom of the basement forever

513963538a6638d0bbfd73d7d51e50c3.jpg

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For starters, Eagles have lost both their OC/DC already. If this gets eliminated, Cowboys Nation will continue laughing since the SB. When push comes to shove....

I think outlawing it is BS. I like it. Teams have always pushed the runner. I saw Travis Frederick do it.

What teams haven't done is maybe run a play with the predetermined intention to do it.

But I like the play.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Eric Bienemy is the new OC and assistant HC for the Washington Commanders

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'm really unimpressed with this comment. There are a ton of jobs where people get paid far less and never make in a lifetime what folks like Jones made in a year. These people will also have lingering effects from their employment. Ask a coal miner, construction worker, police officer, fireman, etc.

I get it.....Jones can no longer play and basically stole money from the Dolphins. If this Tweet makes him feel better, good for him. But these athletes are very well compensated and I'm not blind to the fact that the sport takes a toll on their bodies. If it wasn't worth it, then folks can find other lines of work.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score

How do people think Mahomes was able to play on a high ankle sprain in the Super Bowl after halftime? "Whoa, he's a warrior"? No, he took a needle.

Unfortunately, sometimes when you can't feel pain you end up hurting yourself even more.
I'm really unimpressed with this comment. There are a ton of jobs where people get paid far less and never make in a lifetime what folks like Jones made in a year. These people will also have lingering effects from their employment. Ask a coal miner, construction worker, police officer, fireman, etc.

I get it.....Jones can no longer play and basically stole money from the Dolphins. If this Tweet makes him feel better, good for him. But these athletes are very well compensated and I'm not blind to the fact that the sport takes a toll on their bodies. If it wasn't worth it, then folks can find other lines of work.
I admire that LB that San Fran had who was worried about concussions and walked away leaving millions on the table.

I do think that some players like Trevon Diggs try to make business decisions to get to that second contract. I don't recall even PrimeTime being as averse to tackling. But Prime was a long time ago and perhaps my memory is off.

Byron Jones may have rarely intercepted a pass, but he was a good tackler and he was physical. Let's remember that he played Gronk when Gronk was still in his prime and did quite well.

Yes, until Diggs can show me that he is willing to tackle, I would let him walk.

I hope Byron is able to recover to the point where he can at least walk without difficulty.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Memo to Byron Jones and the rest of the NFL players- there's something else you guys should be far more worried about that having to take tons of anti-inflammatories, pain killers and spending countless hours in the rehab room for strains and sprains.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Yeah it was a pipe dream to think he'd get totally free. Would have been a great add for us.

If the Redstinks would take our 1st for him I would actually consider that, but 1) They would probably want more than that and 2) They wouldn't trade him to us anyway

Top Bottom