Permatilt8

Spectator
Reaction score
You had no answer so here you are moving the goalposts. Says all that needs to be said.
I have answered plenty

A starter caliber TE
A very productive DT
2 1sts
2 2nds

are worth more than a 33 year old QB with 1 playoff win in 5 years, if you don't understand that than there is not much that can be done to help you understand the game lol

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have answered plenty

A starter caliber TE
A very productive DT
2 1sts
2 2nds

are worth more than a 33 year old QB with 1 playoff win in 5 years, if you don't understand that than there is not much helping you understand the game lol
The draft picks are total unknowns and the Seattle draft record is highly suspect. Whiff after whiff. Plus what are the #1 picks? 28th? 30th? Might as well be 2nd round picks.

Wilson takes care of his body the same way Brady does, his age isn't a factor.

Seattle now has NO quarterback. And no real hope of getting one in the near future. In a division with the Rams, 49ers and Arizona?

None of this is saying they shouldn't have moved him if he wanted to move. It's saying they got the short end of the stick.

Nobody in LA, San Fran or Phoenix is shedding a tear that Wilson is gone from their division.

Permatilt8

Spectator
Reaction score
The draft picks are total unknowns and the Seattle draft record is highly suspect. Whiff after whiff. Plus what are the #1 picks? 28th? 30th? Might as well be 2nd round picks.

Wilson takes care of his body the same way Brady does, his age isn't a factor.

Seattle now has NO quarterback. And no real hope of getting one in the near future. In a division with the Rams, 49ers and Arizona?

None of this is saying they shouldn't have moved him if he wanted to move. It's saying they got the short end of the stick.

Nobody in LA, San Fran or Phoenix is shedding a tear that Wilson is gone from their division.

Denver finished last in their division bud ... learn how draft picks work

Wilson is not Tom Brady or anywhere close ... lols

Denver is still in the same division with Mahomes and Herbert, both better QBs than Wilson

They didn't get the short end of anything, they won the trade by a mile and the results will show it in the future.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Denver finished last in their division bud
I'd expect any team without a decent QB to do so.

How do draft picks work? Not at all if you're not worth a fuck in picking players. And Seattle is proven not to be.

Rams give away draft picks to get stars, and won the SB. Draft picks are a crap shoot, star quarterbacks are not.

But yeah, time will tell. But I look at these two teams' front offices and I see a clear winner here.

Quick question - if Wilson sucks soooo much, why would Denver give so much for him? They're not stupid.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
you just went full r etard Spagnola, never go full r etard Spagnola
??

It's a legit question. They DO have a far superior FA to Seattle's. Clearly they know what they're getting vs what they gave up.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Denver finished last in their division bud ... learn how draft picks work

Wilson is not Tom Brady or anywhere close ... lols

Denver is still in the same division with Mahomes and Herbert, both better QBs than Wilson

They didn't get the short end of anything, they won the trade by a mile and the results will show it in the future.

Come off the ledge brother. I do appreciate your tenacity but I will say it's a bit misplaced. Folks are bringing up some solid points and only time will tell if the trade was worth it. Wilson is a good QB; he's a SB winning QB and has arm talent. He's carried his team and defenses need to game plan for him. I agree that he's 33 but that's still relatively young for a QB in today's two hand touch league.

Denver really had no choice if they want to compete against the Chiefs and Chargers. Seattle has been pretty bad in the draft and a far cry from the early Pete Carroll years where they found Wilson and others after the 1st round. Seattle also has a problem because there are very few, if any, blue chip QB's on the horizon. It's one thing to get all those picks, but it's another thing entirely to try to replace a franchise QB when none are found in the draft. A franchise QB is worth multiple picks, including first rounders. Maybe that's the new norm in the NFL. It's easier to go all-in and trade for Stanford, or Manning, or Brady, etc. and take your shot for a year or two. I get that Brady and Manning weren't traded but the Bucs/Broncs gave them a big pay day for older QB's and it paid off for the fans. Some teams don't want to be relevant, like Jerry and his vile spawn. They want to win and win big. I can see where they're coming from with these types of moves.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
??

It's a legit question. They DO have a far superior FA to Seattle's. Clearly they know what they're getting vs what they gave up.

your statement was very similar to Spagnolas "If he's so good, why is he available?" response he's given over the years, so this was merely an opportunity to shit on that brown noser

I really dont care what your point was

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
your statement was very similar to Spagnolas "If he's so good, why is he available?" response he's given over the years, so this was merely an opportunity to shit on that brown noser

I really dont care what your point was
Had no idea I was aping Spagnola, my apologies bubba. I stopped reading and/or listening to him about 25 years ago.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett are "underwhelming" ... your arguments are so laughably dumb

Do you even watch the league ? LOLS
One of the most sacked QB's in the league because the OL has been a year in and year out problem.

Metcalf is a talent and has had one huge year in the league, Lockett to me is a #2/#3 guy who's numbers are impacted because of who his QB is. If he played with a shit QB he'd be just another every other day WR.

He also hasnt worked with great play-callers that much either.

Permatilt8

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd expect any team without a decent QB to do so.

How do draft picks work? Not at all if you're not worth a fuck in picking players. And Seattle is proven not to be.

Rams give away draft picks to get stars, and won the SB. Draft picks are a crap shoot, star quarterbacks are not.

But yeah, time will tell. But I look at these two teams' front offices and I see a clear winner here.

Quick question - if Wilson sucks soooo much, why would Denver give so much for him? They're not stupid.

Come off the ledge brother. I do appreciate your tenacity but I will say it's a bit misplaced. Folks are bringing up some solid points and only time will tell if the trade was worth it. Wilson is a good QB; he's a SB winning QB and has arm talent. He's carried his team and defenses need to game plan for him. I agree that he's 33 but that's still relatively young for a QB in today's two hand touch league.

Denver really had no choice if they want to compete against the Chiefs and Chargers. Seattle has been pretty bad in the draft and a far cry from the early Pete Carroll years where they found Wilson and others after the 1st round. Seattle also has a problem because there are very few, if any, blue chip QB's on the horizon. It's one thing to get all those picks, but it's another thing entirely to try to replace a franchise QB when none are found in the draft. A franchise QB is worth multiple picks, including first rounders. Maybe that's the new norm in the NFL. It's easier to go all-in and trade for Stanford, or Manning, or Brady, etc. and take your shot for a year or two. I get that Brady and Manning weren't traded but the Bucs/Broncs gave them a big pay day for older QB's and it paid off for the fans. Some teams don't want to be relevant, like Jerry and his vile spawn. They want to win and win big. I can see where they're coming from with these types of moves.
Wilson was carried to that SB by a legendary defense. Since he signed that mega deal and hasn't had the defense his teams have been shit. 1 playoff win in 5 seasons is not a superstar QB sorry bud lol ...

Permatilt8

Spectator
Reaction score
One of the most sacked QB's in the league because the OL has been a year in and year out problem.

Metcalf is a talent and has had one huge year in the league, Lockett to me is a #2/#3 guy who's numbers are impacted because of who his QB is. If he played with a shit QB he'd be just another every other day WR.

He also hasnt worked with great play-callers that much either.
He holds the ball more than any QB in the league ... you have never watched a single frame of all 22 video and it shows in every dumb post you make lols

Top Bottom