touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Amy Harris, a freelance photographer for The Associated Press, described an “aggressive” crowd atmosphere throughout the day because of the way fans were behaving — pushing and rushing the stage barricades and prohibited VIP and admission areas.

“It was definitely the most chaotic festival environment that I’ve been in,” Harris said. “I felt uneasy all day.”

At one point, she got trapped behind a barricade while photographing performer Don Toliver because about 300 fans rushed the area. They ended up behind the security barricade with her.

“I was scared,” she said.

This video has context for how the crowd was stationed in the daytime. There appears to be an area, for the VIP's near the front that has a lot of room, but probably filled up by the time the main act came onstage. What has not yet been revealed, is where exactly the crush of fans was that caused the injuries and deaths. Was it at the very front of the stage, or was it at some barrier area section before that? Also, did fans jump over barriers to get to the section near the stage? Many unanswered questions at this time.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't watch any of it TD and I won't even watch the news stories. I hate seeing young people get hurt or killed in such a meaningless way. Tragic......

touchdown

Reaction score
I can't watch any of it TD and I won't even watch the news stories. I hate seeing young people get hurt or killed in such a meaningless way. Tragic......

I don't think actual footage has been posted of people dying.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cause of death on all was "complications of covid19" anyway.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i had read about someone running around injecting people ? lots of people went into cardiac arrest ? but it was actually stampeding ? or both ?

touchdown

Reaction score
What needs to happen now, is for Gayle King to step in and be allowed to interview Travis Scott, one-on-one, in a hotel room somewhere, so that he can have his tearful R. Kelly "Y'all are killing me!!" moment broadcast to the world.

:cool_2x:

touchdown

Reaction score

“Once the permit is given, all responsibilities are passed” to the event runners, said Benny Agosto, a lawyer representing two adults and two minors who said they were trampled at the concert and have sued Travis Scott; Scott’s record label, Cactus Jack; and concert promoter ScoreMore.

When it comes to large promoters like Live Nation, officials who grant permits often trust that the companies know what they’re doing, said Steve Allen, a U.K.-based event security consultant with the firm Crowd Safety — though hundreds of people have died or been injured at Live Nation events in the past, according to the Houston Chronicle.

:coffee: Live Nation is a publicly traded company and answers to stock holders.

Top Bottom