dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Claiborne is supposedly a notch below Peterson who kinda sucked playing CB last year.

I think we won the first round, dudes.

Also, I think tony Romo should wear to Kevlar vests.

Actually in terms of cover CB skills, he's considered a notch or two above

Reaction score
lol

@SI_PeterKing
Claiborne thought it was a prank caller when Jerry Jones called

Say what you want about the pick...but it was a really cool moment to see how emotional and happy this guy was to not be going to Minnesota.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
lol

@SI_PeterKing

Say what you want about the pick...but it was a really cool moment to see how emotional and happy this guy was to not be going to Minnesota.

Yeah he was really emotional about it.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
lol

@SI_PeterKing

lol

He'll be bitter as the fanbase in a few years, probably asking for a trade to Minnesota.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully now with Claiborne (22), Carr(25), and Scandrick(25) all under contracts (Claiborne will sign a 5 year deal) we will be solid at CB for a while now.

Just need a true Free Safety soon and a real pass rusher opposite Ware.

Reaction score
A couple bright side points:

1) Jerry likely would have taken Brockers if we stayed at 14. He'll be a bust in 3 seasons.

2) No guarantee that we hit on 45 either, given Jerry's history.

At least we have a bluechip stud now. It gives us something to show for this draft. Jerry would have easily fucked this up if we stayed.

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm sure Jets fans wake up every day real broken up about trading up for Revis.

(they did trade up didn't they?)

Reaction score
@Aaron_Nagler: Claiborne nicest, most engaged guy at the Play 60 event on Wed morning. Genuine kid. Cowboys got a good one.

Love this kid. I'm gonna root for him bigtime.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
@Aaron_Nagler: Claiborne nicest, most engaged guy at the Play 60 event on Wed morning. Genuine kid. Cowboys got a good one.

Love this kid. I'm gonna root for him bigtime.

Glad we no longer draft hoodlums/retards.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
He said they were going to bring more pressure packages this year. He could do it with numbers rather than pass rush talent, but to do that he'd have to know he had guys who could cover. He's got that now.

Here is the quote from Jerry Jones:

"We'll just see how that goes," Jones said. "We used a lot of corners in the course of the year and a lot of people do. Rarely do you see a team get through a season just using three corners...The coverage, to me, is more of a need than the pressure. I think we get adequate pressure. We were one of the top teams in the league. I don't know where people think we need pressure. What we need to do is cover."

I hate to say it but he is clueless. Pass rush is much more important than corners. Jerry drafts more skill talent and neglects the lines, and it is costing this team. We will never win another SB with Jerry Jones.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Here is the quote from Jerry Jones:

"We'll just see how that goes," Jones said. "We used a lot of corners in the course of the year and a lot of people do. Rarely do you see a team get through a season just using three corners...The coverage, to me, is more of a need than the pressure. I think we get adequate pressure. We were one of the top teams in the league. I don't know where people think we need pressure. What we need to do is cover."

I hate to say it but he is clueless. Pass rush is much more important than corners. Jerry drafts more skill talent and neglects the lines, and it is costing this team. We will never win another SB with Jerry Jones.

You did that in 2010, Jerry.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And I'll also point out that the Iggles tried basing their defense on the CB approach and it didn't work for them. It never does ... That's why they picked Cox for the pass rush. The Giants and Eagles are going to eat our o-line's lunch this year.

I like the player but giving up their 2nd round pick, and a guy like C Peter Konz, is just gut wrenching.

wyvrn

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Now they just picked a one year college starter at DE who probably will bust.

OMG he is an idiot.

Top Bottom