Reaction score
Not sure what to make of the Robinson signing. Sounds like a slot corner, which has been scandricks gig.

I'll love the move however if it means we shatcan Carr?

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of the Robinson signing. Sounds like a slot corner, which has been scandricks gig.

I'll love the move however if it means we shatcan Carr?

Robinson has a visit scheduled with Indy tomorrow.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Agreed to deal, changed agents, new agent apparently didn't like deal, Robinson gets on plane to Indy

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Brandon George ‏@DMN_George 2m2 minutes ago
Free agent CB Patrick Robinson is visiting the Colts on Wednesday, a source said, but the Cowboys are still very much involved.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I read a blurb somewhere that said the Cowboys told the new agent they have no intention of changing the deal that Robinson had agreed to

Daillest88

Spectator
Reaction score
lol dick move, but at the end of the day you gotta get what you can get in the NFL.. should of just been honest tho

Reaction score
I wish Todd archer would draw the obvious conclusion that the mystery of 2015 was so little about the defense and so ridiculously blameworthy on the offense that the defense had half the sacks it had in 2014 when it was considered anemic and yet rose to 15th ranked in the league. Todd points out that the irony was that last offseason Dallas bolstered the pass rush but got considerably less sacks than 2014 and yet had a better defense to the point that if the offense could have managed just one more TD drive per game they may have made the playoffs. But he stops as if the issue is sacks. It's really not. It's about having an effective defense that stops drives. The turnover argument is almost as silly to hear from Jason as his offense could do nothing with a possession at all. If Jason is lamenting that the defense is not scoring off of turnovers then just think about what the coach is asking of his defense in order to make up for his lame offense.

That's right.

Also, it isn't as if last year's offense put the opposition's offense under pressure. ... opposing offenses weren't put in the position of coming from behind to keep up with the Dallas offense.

Defenses stand to rack up outstanding statistics when they are facing offenses that are pressing to score quickly due to having fallen behind.

onlyonenow

In the Rotation
Reaction score
That's right.

Also, it isn't as if last year's offense put the opposition's offense under pressure. ... opposing offenses weren't put in the position of coming from behind to keep up with the Dallas offense.

Defenses stand to rack up outstanding statistics when they are facing offenses that are pressing to score quickly due to having fallen behind.

my real gripe with the D last year was that when it counted they could never get a stop in the 4th. And that was why it was not a real good D.

Reaction score
I read a blurb somewhere that said the Cowboys told the new agent they have no intention of changing the deal that Robinson had agreed to
Then we're not gonna get him. A free agent can't fire his old agent, get a new agent, and end up with the same deal. You know the new agent promised him more and better offers... If he ends up with the same deal he had with the old agent, then his new agent wouldn't have done his job.

Reaction score
Cowboys not out of Patrick Robinson chase

Todd ArcherESPN Staff Writer

BOCA RATON, Fla. – The Dallas Cowboys showed up at the NFL owners meetings believing they were going to sign Patrick Robinson, but they left on Wednesday with the free-agent cornerback visiting the Indianapolis Colts.

In negotiations, the Cowboys received word Robinson changed agents from Kevin Conner to Ron Butler. They had their first discussions with Butler on Monday and the organization spoke with him again on Tuesday. According to a source, a deal was agreed to in principle with Conner last week and was expected to be signed after he visited the team on Monday and took a physical.

“I think he’s one of those guys that wants to be thorough and then I think he’s going to sit down with his family and agent and make a decision,” executive vice president Stephen Jones said. “And hopefully we’re still in it. We’re certainly not out of it. That’s what I’ve been told. We’d still like to have him, too. We respect the fact that he wants to see what’s out there.”

Robinson would be the second cornerback the Cowboys signed in free agency, joining Morris Claiborne, who remained with the club in a one-year deal. Robinson had one interception in 16 games (10 starts for the San Diego Chargers in 2015 after a four-year run with the New Orleans Saints. The Cowboys had interest in Robinson last year before he opted to join the Chargers.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eh, think about it if you are Robinson. The owner, his kid nor the head coach are there for your visit. You probably get an offer full of incentives on playing time and Brandon Carr is still on the roster. Dallas can't compete for someone offering a built in starter job like the Colts can.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Then we're not gonna get him. A free agent can't fire his old agent, get a new agent, and end up with the same deal. You know the new agent promised him more and better offers... If he ends up with the same deal he had with the old agent, then his new agent wouldn't have done his job.

Yeah I hear you and agree, just seems odd he'd agree to terms then fire his agent at that point.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Eh, think about it if you are Robinson. The owner, his kid nor the head coach are there for your visit. You probably get an offer full of incentives on playing time and Brandon Carr is still on the roster. Dallas can't compete for someone offering a built in starter job like the Colts can.

Sure would be nice if you'd spend more time posting here old man

Top Bottom