dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
✔ ‎‎@RapSheet

The #Cowboys are still looking for edge help, hosting former #Lions DE Jason Jones on a visit, source said.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
That wouldn't be a bad pickup at this point in FA, add him to Marinell's rotation.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
They are also bringing in C/G Joe Looney. Spent a couple of years injured in SF and started a handful of games for the Titans last year.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
They are also bringing in C/G Joe Looney. Spent a couple of years injured in SF and started a handful of games for the Titans last year.

I don't know anything about him. Anyone else know if he's worth a shit? At least to fill Bernadeau's role.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I also keep reading we're still chasing Dashon Goldson,oh wait here's a link:247Sports

Edit:interested not chasing

Last edited:
Reaction score
Cowboys hosting free agents Joe Looney and Jason Jones

3/28/2016 2:56:19 PM

Offensive lineman Joe Looney and defensive end Jason Jones are visiting with the Cowboys today, Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports. This according to sources. Both are relatively young and could come relatively inexpensive in the fourth week of free agency.

The Cowboys are interested in Looney for his versatility as a backup after losing Mackenzy Bernadeau to the Jaguars in free agency. Bernadeau was active for all 32 games over the past two seasons, though he made only two starts. He served as the backup center as well as a swing guard.

Looney has Bernadeau’s same skill set, having played both center and guard for the Titans last season. Looney, 25, started a career-high six games last season for the Titans after starting only four in his three seasons in San Francisco.

Jones, who turns 30 in May, is an eight-year veteran who has played 95 games with 65 starts. He spent four years with the Titans, one with the Seahawks and the past three with the Lions.

Jones has 28 sacks and 10 forced fumbles in his career.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
So basically Jones would be the slightly younger replacement for Mincey.

I really liked Looney coming out of the draft. He's a big, athletic guy.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Might not want Looney starting for any length of time. What I've found so far is he graded negatively in 3 of his 6 starts by PFF.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Might not want Looney starting for any length of time. What I've found so far is he graded negatively in 3 of his 6 starts by PFF.

I would love for them to find a way to draft Zach's little bro to fill that backup C/G spot. Don't see it happening though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Thanks, but I'll wait for a certain Zoners All-22 reviews before making judgements

Top Bottom