cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Claiborne is back.

Another year of watching him celebrate incomplete passes that had nothing to do with his coverage.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Claiborne is back.

Another year of watching him celebrate incomplete passes that had nothing to do with his coverage.

These dumbasses think they have a near pat hand and obviously believe last year was the aberration and 2014 the new norm. My GAWD how can anyone be that deluded much less a group.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Claiborne is back.

even though you suck, our scouts can't find someone better than you, so welcome back

Reaction score
DE Chris Long expected to visit Cowboys next week

By David Moore , Staff Writer Contact David Mooreon Twitter:mad:DavidMooreDMN

Free agent Chris Long has informed the Cowboys that he wants to visit and is expected to do so next week, a source said.

No firm date has been set, but the Cowboys have a definite interest in the defensive end.

Long has played in only 18 games the past two seasons and recorded four sacks. But in the 2010-13 seasons, he was one of the more productive players in the league with 41.5 sacks in that span.

Long was the second player taken in the '08 draft by the St. Louis Rams. He turns 31 in March.

Defensive lineman Cedric Thornton visited the Cowboys on Thursday and quickly signed a four-year contract that can pay him up to $18 million. Cornerback Nolan Carroll and quarterback Matt Moore also visited Valley Ranch on the second day of free agency. Neither of those players has signed.

The Cowboys have no other visits scheduled for this weekend.

Long has visited Washington and Atlanta and there are reports that New England has expressed an interest.

Reaction score
@toddarcher 3h3 hours ago
From what I've heard, doesn't look like there will be any other deals from Cowboys today, so put Nolan Carroll, Matt Moore on hold for now.

Oh darn. Was really hoping to get Matt fuckign Moore wrapped up.

Reaction score
Wilbur is just not impact. He's just a dude. So let's count the players who Jason prefers because he knows them but are not even qualified for a roster spot in the CFL.

Church, Hayden, Claiborne, Josh Thomas, Kellen Moore, Wilbur and Wilcox.

This is getting embarrassing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well to add to our brilliant free agency plans we have seen fit to have Hanna return as well for 3/$8.25 mil

So we are resigning our previous team but have only added a single DL to actually make the team better. No QB picked up in FA to fill the void.

Yep sounds about par for the course. We will be fine with the same exact team we had last season. What's the chance Romo actually gets hurt again this season? I mean that would be about as crazy as a player breaking the same collar bone TWICE in the same season!

That shit never happens!

Last edited:

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hanna, Wilber, and Claiborne. Three jags who add virtually nothing. But we have to bring them all back.

I used to be halfway kidding about their being determined to prove 2015 was a fluke, but I'm not anymore.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm starting to believe that that is exactly what Jerry and his little pony Jason are going to attempt this season

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
There is no way Jerry is stupid enough to pick up Johnny Fucktard

He is plenty stupid in all sorts ways

But he surely ain't that stupid

Right? LOL

Reaction score
Trump says teams are dumb if they don't sign Manziel. Jerry is on the phone.

I don't mind the Claiborne signing for one year. It's pretty much a given we're cutting Carr. Having to replacing 2 of your top 3 CBs in the draft would be a recipe for disaster. If we sign Carroll and then draft one CB, he might be 4th on the depth chart by November anyway. Better that than feeling like we have to take Ramsey at 4 because we're so thin back there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Claiborne is back.

Your assuming he's on the field, that might be a reach with his injury history.

That said, I wasn't for bringing back McClain or Claiborne, but the fact both are low risk one yr deals makes it easier to take. If they play good great, if they suck in the offseason and camp they can be released/replaced and it doesn't hurt us.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This is is pretty good stuff:

Nathan Jahnke – ‏@PFF_NateJahnke

Cedric Thornton has the 3rd highest run defense grade for a 3-4 DE over the last 3 years at +46.1. Behind Watt and Campbell.

Reaction score
That's impressive. But he's had s lot of talent on that DL with Cox and Logan.

Would love for him to force Hayden off the rostrr

Reaction score
Anyone's have any thoughts on Chris Long? Considering his age and injury history I just don't see him adding much.

Reaction score
Eric Weddle is down to 4 teams, likely the #Cowboys, #Steelers, #Ravens & #Raiders. Story: profootballrumors.com/eric-weddle-we… pic.twitter.com/BioyOnamP8

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Anyone's have any thoughts on Chris Long? Considering his age and injury history I just don't see him adding much.

That's how I feel. We've had enough injury prone players in this team over the last decade. I'd like them to add players that can actually stay on the field.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eric Weddle is down to 4 teams, likely the #Cowboys, #Steelers, #Ravens & #Raiders. Story: profootballrumors.com/eric-weddle-we… pic.twitter.com/BioyOnamP8

I'd be surprised if he chooses Dallas over the Steelers or Raiders.

Top Bottom