Reaction score
Personally, i cant get excited about this training camp. I used to love listening to the press conferences but i cant stand to hear Jerry or Jason anymore. Its the same shit repeated over and over again. That said, they should be in SA. I used to go a least once or twice and there were around 10-15 thousand in attendance. So now i am resigned to visit the Texans camp on the 1st.

jerry.jpg

Posted by Mike Florio on July 27, 2014, 9:51 AM EDT

The Cowboys may still be America’s Team, but they’re currently not Oxnard’s.

Charean Williams of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram has been mentioning the attendance at training camp. As pointed out in Saturday’s one-liners, only 3,503 total fans showed up in the first two days.

When reporting that number on Twitter, Charean predicted that the Cowboys “should have a big crowd at the kickoff Saturday.”

And only 4,279 showed up.

That’s a total (abacus engaged) of 7,782 fans in three days. Washington, in contrast, drew more than 11,000 on Saturday alone at training camp in Richmond.

While the Cowboys technically shouldn’t care about how many Californians show up to watch an NFL team based in Texas practice, at a certain level, Jerry Jones and company need to be concerned that the camp attendance may be a barometer of overall, sea-to-shining-sea interest in the NFL’s official even-Steven franchise, 8-8 for each of the last three years and .500 on the nose dating back to 1997.

While Charean’s tweets don’t mention attendance in past years, she clearly regards the numbers as alarming — and she notes that, if camp were held in San Antonio, 10,000 would have been there. The trend bears watching in other national metrics, from TV ratings in prime-time games to jersey and merchandise sales, to attendance when the Cowboys take the show on the road to cities where the home team can’t fill up a stadium without having a truly national team paying a visit.

It could be that America’s Team no longer is. If it ever really was.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Now if we could just get the idiot fans to not go to the games, not buy the swag, maybe Jerry wakes the fuck up.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
This is good news if it's true and Jerry notices.

It won't change much, but I think it eats at Jerry and gets his blood pressure up.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Skin is starting to break down. Liver spots everywhere.

It won't be long.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
b5fdbc54-3934-4f45-88f5-c2a7a62f6779.jpg

God I fucking hate our fans

Top Bottom