NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
@RapSheet: The #Cowboys are closing in on a multi-year deal to keep starting right tackle Doug Free, sources say. He’ll be off the free agent market.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Never thought I'd feel relieved in bringing back Free but glad this happened. Cant have a star at every spot on the oline. Still hoping we don't ignore this position in the draft but def not a need now.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Better than relying on Parnell.

I really hope they pay him like he's the weak link in the line.

Reaction score
On Sirius XM's NFL the other day there was some idle speculation that Free would get a good offer from the Redskins. Free to Washington would have sucked.

Glad to hear that the Cowboys are likely going to keep him. Free has had his ups and downs over the years, but he's an important part of things.

It'll be interesting to see who the backup is. Weems? A rookie? (Have to assume that Parnell will cost too much to keep as a backup)

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Never thought I'd feel relieved in bringing back Free but glad this happened. Cant have a star at every spot on the oline. Still hoping we don't ignore this position in the draft but def not a need now.

Free was solid --- actually better than solid, and that's what we need. But like you stated, they need to draft his replacement in this draft.

Reaction score
Glad to hear. Solid homegrown player. And iirc there was a lot of talk about what a leader he was along the line.

Reaction score
Smart move on a number of levels. First, the. OL is unchanged. But second, it shows those players who are asked to take pay cuts or compromise, that the team extends some loyalty - may increase the likelihood of some compliance by a few of the overpaid/underperforming CBs.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
scannercop2_headexplosion.gif
<----------- xwalker

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
the last time we extended him he turned into a turd
"That's a question: When did he stop being, and when?" --- Paraphrased, the sheriff from "No Country for old Men"

Top Bottom