dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This ends the OBJ talks. Rather have Cooks than a primadonna. Obviously, the Jones' feel the same. Cooks' $18 million salary in 2023 is guaranteed.

Cooks restructured his contract Saturday so that Houston will pay $6 million of his salary this season & Dallas will pay the remaining $12 million, sources told ESPN. He is under contract through 2024.
It's not just the circus we avoided, it's also avoiding an older, two knee injury WR on the downside of his career.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

And he'll suck just as bad at DL as he did at OL

There literally IS a guy at CZ that has been bobbing on this guys crotch for 3 yrs, he's gone as far to say he was "clearly more talented than Tyron Smith" and said he was a Larry Allen type player only being held back because the coaches wouldnt give him a chance.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Read yesterday that last yr at some point Schultz turned down 3yrs 36 million from us to play on the 10-11 million franchise tag, thinking he'd do a lot better this year.

Didn't work out too well for him.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
DAL still has cap room and shits still flying around in FA

who would you rather have:

a. deandre hopkins

b. bobby wagner

c. other __________________

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Low rent 1yr deal guys signed today for depth and training camp competition.

Not bad additions to fill out the roster. Might be long shot for either to actually make the team, but nothing really invested if they don't. Both have previous starting experience and both are still young.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The front office just converted $8mil of Brandin Cooks $12mil salary into a signing bonus. With Houston paying the other $6mil.

Now he will only hit our cap for $6m this season.

I don’t think I’ve ever said this before. But our front office is kicking ass this off-season.

These trades and signings this off season have put us in a great position heading into the draft.

We have signed or traded for players to cover or add to RB, CB, WR, OL, LB positions.

This will better allow us to truly take BPA with our first round pick

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The front office just converted $8mil of Brandin Cooks $12mil salary into a signing bonus. With Houston paying the other $6mil.

Now he will only hit our cap for $6m this season.

I don’t think I’ve ever said this before. But our front office is kicking ass this off-season.

These trades and signings this off season have put us in a great position heading into the draft.

We have signed or traded for players to cover or add to RB, CB, WR, OL, LB positions.

This will better allow us to truly take BPA with our first round pick
So far it's a better off-season than last year, agreed.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
And to add to my above point....Schultz can make 9 million if he meets all his incentives. It's actually 7 million plus. Hardly a franchise guy and top TE.
As I wrote, I was focusing strictly on the blocking. Kelce takes over as a receiver. Kelce is a big receiver, called a TE. A Joker TE.

If we focus solely on the blocking, which is your point about being a turnstile, the fact is so is Kelce. But nobody notices, or cares, because of his superior receiving skills.

If you do trust your eyes, then spend some time watching Kelce's blocking. He isn't very good at it.

Anyway, Dalton is gone, so it doesn't matter. My point is that his blocking was on par with Joker TEs. None of them are very capable blockers. The traditional TE doesn't get the glory. The receiving TE, or Joker TE, does.

Unfortunately for Dalton, he's only a decent receiver. So he's not a traditional TE, nor a Joker TE.

Top Bottom