Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
CZ is all up in arms over Hilton, Peters and Hankins.

They can re-sign any of those guys almost anytime they want, there's no rush on any of them because there's probably very little interest league-wide right now.. They are the type of guys you look to fill out your roster with after the draft or even during preseason.
I get what you're saying. These are guys that teams fill in with after the draft. But in Hankins case, I'd like to see the draft pick that was given up have some ROI.

In TY's case, he might still be in limbo as to if he wants to play at all. I think he's better than a "fill-in guy". He might have gotten too much of a taste of what life is like on Monday mornings not being sore and still having millions.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Chargers also reportedly have some interest with him (esp with the obvious Kellen Moore connection)
People like what the Cowboys are doing, but I try to also look at what other teams are doing. It's hard to say this move counters that move etcetera.

But, the Lions strike me as a team that with a little luck could be a real threat to the hopes of the Cowboys. They were a good team in the second half of last year and are in a nice spot in the draft.

The Lions might FINALLY be for real.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This article is from last year.

I don't like the idea of signing a RB to replace Zeke and based on this article I don't like the idea of signing Edoga.

Mostly because if we sign a player to replace a player we lost in FA then we don't get a comp pick.

Can we not draft a RB or backup guard? Edoga seems at best a backup.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
im much happier w/ cooks than thielen ... theyre completely different players, so im not sure if DAL still has a need they want to fill at WR

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. These are guys that teams fill in with after the draft. But in Hankins case, I'd like to see the draft pick that was given up have some ROI.

In TY's case, he might still be in limbo as to if he wants to play at all. I think he's better than a "fill-in guy". He might have gotten too much of a taste of what life is like on Monday mornings not being sore and still having millions.
David Moore is reporting they are trying to finalize deals with Hankins and Fowlers now

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
im much happier w/ cooks than thielen ... theyre completely different players, so im not sure if DAL still has a need they want to fill at WR

So, Adam isnt the sharpest tool in the shed?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, Adam isnt the sharpest tool in the shed?
ya thats the good public relations asnwer but call it what it is and the panthers just offered the best deal for him

either most $$$ or term

he may still be a dipshit tho

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I mean, I strongly believe I'm gonna win the Powerball but pretty sure it aint happening

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
This ends the OBJ talks. Rather have Cooks than a primadonna. Obviously, the Jones' feel the same. Cooks' $18 million salary in 2023 is guaranteed.

Cooks restructured his contract Saturday so that Houston will pay $6 million of his salary this season & Dallas will pay the remaining $12 million, sources told ESPN. He is under contract through 2024.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Side note, but I've always wondered about the logistics of what happens when a player who is making millions signs with another team.

Like Brandin Cooks, for example, obviously has a home in Houston. We're about a 4-hour drive to Dallas.

I wonder, did he drive himself up to Dallas, or did he use a helicopter, or get on a quick flight?

When a player has that much money, do they sometimes choose to keep their home in, say, Houston, and get an apartment in Dallas, buy another home and rent the one in Houston?

I try to imagine myself having so much money. I can only dream. And the worst part is that some of them actually complain.

daboyz

👀
Reaction score
did i miss schultz being signed somewhere ????
Not yet. He may be heading to Detroit with all the other left-over delinquents.
The Chargers also reportedly have some interest with him (esp with the obvious Kellen Moore connection)

So it's the Texans. Lol. 1 year deal?! Glad he's gone. Not a big loss!

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Schultz is signing a one-year deal for 9 million. I hope this means that they think Ferguson and Hendershot are going to be great because that seems like a contract the Cowboys should have been able to offer.

And the chemistry Schultz already has with Dak would put him in lien for a better contract later.

Schultz is taking a bit of a gamble with who will be throwing him the ball.

But, maybe the Davis mills connection had something to do with it. Didn't they play together at Stanford?

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Shultz sucked in the run game. He was a turnstile. Good riddance......
Then why did they franchise him? They must have valued him in some way. I don't know that some of the top TEs are all that much better in the run game. Kelce, for example, is not all that good at blocking.

Kelce, has averaged a pass-blocking grade of 65.5 and a run-blocking grade of 66.7.

Schultz's 71.6 run-blocking grade over the past three seasons ranks 12th among tight ends, and he was in the top 10 at the position in receiving yards.

Now, I'm not suggesting Schultz is better than Kelce. Obviously Kelce is the superior receiver, but I'm just focusing on the blocking.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then why did they franchise him? They must have valued him in some way. I don't know that some of the top TEs are all that much better in the run game. Kelce, for example, is not all that good at blocking.

Kelce, has averaged a pass-blocking grade of 65.5 and a run-blocking grade of 66.7.

Schultz's 71.6 run-blocking grade over the past three seasons ranks 12th among tight ends, and he was in the top 10 at the position in receiving yards.

Now, I'm not suggesting Schultz is better than Kelce. Obviously Kelce is the superior receiver, but I'm just focusing on the blocking.

Folks need to stop looking at these BS stats and believe what their eyes tell them (if they're looking). The guy was an absolute turnstile and a liability in the run game. When your team franchises a second rate TE, your team has issues. I'd bet they franchised him to cover for Dak's deficiencies. And Schultz dropped some very nice passes last season that hit him between the numbers.

And my last point.......please don't in any way compare Travis Kelce to Schultz, stats or otherwise. One TE takes over a game and can't be covered in clutch time. The other is just an average player who took a 1 year deal with a losing franchise that's less then his franchise tag number/salary. That's what other teams think of this scrub. Please don't prop him up.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And to add to my above point....Schultz can make 9 million if he meets all his incentives. It's actually 7 million plus. Hardly a franchise guy and top TE.

Top Bottom