dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Im not so sure its quite that easy. Those guys knew how enamored Jerry was with Red and Jerry wasnt gonna let them go anywhere and even if he did would they have been in a better situation overall?

Romo had a ton of leverage, it's called "contract"

Romo could have easily refused to restructure deals or sign extensions if Jones wouldn't hire a real coach, but he didn't. He gladly signed for all that extra dough. He had all the leverage. With our awful cap situation Jones couldn't have kept franchising Romo, and if he did Romo could have held out. After the disastrous times after Aikman's retirement with QB's, this would have been an utter PR nightmare for Jones. Fans would have revolted had Romo walked and cited "poor coaching" as the reason he wanted to play elsewhere.

As for the latter part of your comment, are you telling me Romo couldn't have picked a better landing place if he had the opportunity?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Romo had a ton of leverage, it's called "contract"

Romo could have easily refused to restructure deals or sign extensions if Jones wouldn't hire a real coach, but he didn't. He gladly signed for all that extra dough. He had all the leverage. With our awful cap situation Jones couldn't have kept franchising Romo, and if he did Romo could have held out. After the disastrous times after Aikman's retirement with QB's, this would have been an utter PR nightmare for Jones. Fans would have revolted had Romo walked and cited "poor coaching" as the reason he wanted to play elsewhere.

As for the latter part of your comment, are you telling me Romo couldn't have picked a better landing place if he had the opportunity?

If Romo was a FA he would have had the chance. Where would have been better that needed a QB when he could have been a possible FA? Jerry would have franchised him anyway.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If Romo was a FA he would have had the chance. Where would have been better that needed a QB when he could have been a possible FA? Jerry would have franchised him anyway.

You can only franchise someone so many times before it becomes cost prohibitive, and we had a dire salary cap situation for most of Romo's time here. And he could have refused to sign the franchise tag deal and held out.

He could have easily forced Jones to do something at HC, but never did. I keep saying it over and over, he either TRULY believed Garrett was a good coach, or he cared very little about winning. It's one or the other.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hoping against hope I know. But maybe we get a miracle that Jerry's eyes were finally opened last night about how bad this entire staff truly is.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Hoping against hope I know. But maybe we get a miracle that Jerry's eyes were finally opened last night about how bad this entire staff truly is.

The "stupefied" young players needed professional pre-game preparation, situational in-game coaching, and competent on-the-fly in-game adjustments, not yelling and screaming, ranting and raving, and mindless moronic clapping.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Supposedly Lincoln Riley was the apple of their eye, I would assume even though he signed a contract extension he'd be the first person they'd call to gauge interest. They obviously could consider Richard, although after the way the defense played down the stretch and last night, I wouldn't make him HC.

There is one other HC with a fairly impressive resume still sitting there. Mike McCarthy had said after he didn't get the Jets job he was going to sit out this year, but he could potentially be just what the doctor ordered for Prescott. We have no one as good as Rodgers, but the rest of our offense is pretty talented. If he looked at Prescott and thought he could coach him up, we could have a monster offense.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Supposedly Lincoln Riley was the apple of their eye, I would assume even though he signed a contract extension he'd be the first person they'd call to gauge interest. They obviously could consider Richard, although after the way the defense played down the stretch and last night, I wouldn't make him HC.

There is one other HC with a fairly impressive resume still sitting there. Mike McCarthy had said after he didn't get the Jets job he was going to sit out this year, but he could potentially be just what the doctor ordered for Prescott. We have no one as good as Rodgers, but the rest of our offense is pretty talented. If he looked at Prescott and thought he could coach him up, we could have a monster offense.

Rodgers really wasn't all that good himself, until he got coached up. More to your point.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes Sir....in other words, Garrett would have been the most coveted coach in the NFL had Jerry shit canned him. This guy is utterly delusional. A real fucking snake oil salesman. And Dallas fans buy it and fawn over this jerkoff.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fucking delusional. I softened a bit and thought I might have been a bit irrational when I was wishing death on another human being. But I wasn't. This cocksucker's demise can't come soon enough.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes Sir....in other words, Garrett would have been the most coveted coach in the NFL had Jerry shit canned him. This guy is utterly delusional. A real fucking snake oil salesman. And Dallas fans buy it and fawn over this jerkoff.

Yep, this is the pure definition of delusion and insanity.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

I knew he's eventually go there to justify this loser head coach he has.

Hey Jerry, you drunken fucktard- Tom Landry started a team scratch with a TRUE expansion team. They didn't even get a 1st rd pick their first yr in existence IIRC. And within 7 seasons he had the Cowboys as a dominant, title contending team that made it to the league championship games. Jason Garrett has been in place here since 2007, and we haven't once sniffed a conference championship game, let alone a Super Bowl.

Anybody that mentions Jason Garrett in the same breath as Tom Landry should be shot on site.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Fucking delusional. I softened a bit and thought I might have been a bit irrational when I was wishing death on another human being. But I wasn't. This cocksucker's demise can't come soon enough.

Yep, we have absolutely zero hope of ever being a real contender with him as owner. No doubt about it.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score

Well hells bells, I confuse Lanfry and Red all the time. Landry coached ice bowl (NFC championship) 1967 after starting as expansion franchise 1960. Strawman.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I never imagined I could think Jerry was any more delusional than I already thought but this infatuation with Coach Clap is UFB. There wouldnt be one team in line to hire Garrett if Jerry fired him.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I never imagined I could think Jerry was any more delusional than I already thought but this infatuation with Coach Clap is UFB. There wouldnt be one team in line to hire Garrett if Jerry fired him.

YOU'RE WRONG BUCKO!!!!!! FIVE TEAMS WOULD WANT GARRETT HE IS JUST LIKE LANDRY!!!!!!!

Top Bottom