yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
No... I was paraphrasing myself from earlier in the thread. I don't have any idea, inkling or even suspicion yet, what's gonna happen.

me neither but we know Seattle has better coaching and QB and seems to always have Dallas' number, what does Dallas have, 1 win in the last 10 years against the seabags?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I ain’t scuuuuurrrrd

I’ll say it

We will lose to Seattle because Garrett will get out coached

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The best thing that could happen to this franchise is we win the super bowl this season. Yay, we finally made it back to and won the big game

The worst thing that could happen to this franchise is we win the super bowl this year. Yay, we won the Super Bowl, then Garrett gets an extension that makes Chucky’s contract look like lunch money

Garrett has put us in a no win situation.

Well, if he wins the Super Bowl then he deserves a tip of the cap. I don't think he can even get us to a conference championship game, let alone actually win the big prize. if somehow our team did that, I might have to change my thinking on him. I just don't think it's possible.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
me neither but we know Seattle has better coaching and QB and seems to always have Dallas' number, what does Dallas have, 1 win in the last 10 years against the seabags?

Since 2001 we've played Seattle a total of 13 times, we've won 5 of them. Our most recent win was that pretty epic road upset win in 2014, we beat them in their place at a time when they had probably by far the strongest home field advantage in the league.

We also beat them 2008, 2009 and 2011. Seattle has won the last 3.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I ain’t scuuuuurrrrd

I’ll say it

We will lose to Seattle because Garrett will get out coached

If the defense is as bad Saturday night as it was basically the last 3+ games, we will lose.

Garrett will deserve blame, but I wonder if anyone will point the finger at Richard as well. He coached an awful game when we lost there in week three and the defense the past few games (especially vs Indy and NYG) was absolutely atrocious.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Since 2001 we've played Seattle a total of 13 times, we've won 5 of them. Our most recent win was that pretty epic road upset win in 2014, we beat them in their place at a time when they had probably by far the strongest home field advantage in the league.

We also beat them 2008, 2009 and 2011. Seattle has won the last 3.

thanks buddy, I was obviously too lazy to look it up

Anyone watch those clips of Garrett speaking to the team after the game?

When I watch them occasionally and listen to what he's saying, I feel nothing and I don't see anything from the players that makes me believe they're moved by his double talk speeches either, his double talk speeches either.

Last edited:

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i would hate for the cowboys to make the conference championship and have jerry extend that red-headed fuck

i guess i would have to resort to brainwashing myself into thinking the cowboys will be good because they will put the right coordinators in place under garrett

...and this crappy family-owned-and-operated soap opera continues

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
josh mcdaniels declined an interview with the Cincinnati bengals

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score

He's a twat and the last guy I would look at as HC with his history and attitude. He's also content to just ride BB's coattails.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
When I watch them occasionally and listen to what he's saying, I feel nothing and I don't see anything from the players that makes me believe they're moved by his double talk speeches either, his double talk speeches either.

I agree, they seem uninspiring.

But for whatever reason you have players coming out publicly every year it seems talking about how he gets through to them and that they buy into his "way". I don't get it.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Reasonably sure he is just waiting on Belichick to walk away, Belichick will go upstairs permanently at some point, and McDaniels will take over as HC.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i think the only thing josh mcdaniels can do is stay in NE or go to a college program

his track record is pretty brutal and after fucking indy, i dont see how anybody outside of the NE coaching circles that he's already a part of would want to join mcdaniels elsewhere in the nfl

all NE asst coaches get talked up a lot every year and ultimately theyve all had varying degrees of failure

bill o'brien in HOU and mike vrabel in TEN are the only ones that have done halfway decent

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
FYI, it's being said that Garrett was in charge of the game plan vs the Giants. Attacking the middle more was his idea.

There's a thread on this now at CZ. Apparently someone asked Garrett if he was more involved in the game plan and made changes to the playcalling, and he denied it. But the person who posted it on twitter said it didn't seem like Garrett was being truthful and apparently Broaddus and others do believe Garrett took a more active role.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I agree, they seem uninspiring.

But for whatever reason you have players coming out publicly every year it seems talking about how he gets through to them and that they buy into his "way". I don't get it.

They like their jobs and want to keep them. Pretty simple.

I would talk up my boss to the right people too. Until I stole his job!

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score

Exactly. They know what a two faced back stabber he is and play along. Has anyone heard Romo or Witten praise Garrett after they left the team? The only thing I can remember hearing either say about Red is when Romo said he isnt an X's and O's guy. Neither has offered any praise for him even tho they have had opportunity. That speaks volumes.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Garrett is basically a pocket protector wearing office geek trying to pass himself off as a football guy. How would that inspire anyone? Its why he's always reading coach biographies and looking for coach speak and quotes from others and dressing up mannequins with no name jerseys.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Exactly. They know what a two faced back stabber he is and play along. Has anyone heard Romo or Witten praise Garrett after they left the team? The only thing I can remember hearing either say about Red is when Romo said he isnt an X's and O's guy. Neither has offered any praise for him even tho they have had opportunity. That speaks volumes.

Then as I have mentioned for quite some time, obviously those guys didn't give two shits about winning. Both (and especially Romo) had the strongest relationship possible with Jones, and both sat on their asses and happily played for a guy they knew wasn't any good.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Players could get jobs elsewhere, there's 31 other teams always looking for good players.

Plus most in the league probably all know Garrett is a lousy coach. Nobody is really going to hold it against someone for speaking the truth.

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Then as I have mentioned for quite some time, obviously those guys didn't give two shits about winning. Both (and especially Romo) had the strongest relationship possible with Jones, and both sat on their asses and happily played for a guy they knew wasn't any good.

Im not so sure its quite that easy. Those guys knew how enamored Jerry was with Red and Jerry wasnt gonna let them go anywhere and even if he did would they have been in a better situation overall?

Top Bottom