Reaction score
Watching the 30 for 30 on Bo Jackson and just wondering... Did he ever have any kids that became anything in sports?

I know a lot of greats (Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Michael Jordan, Michael Irvin, etc) had kids and some even became decent collegiate athletes. But most of those guys were great because of sheer tenacity and out working everyone else. Not so much superior genetics

But Bo Jackson was just a physical freak. Just wondering if his kids inhereted his beastness.

Also.... Randy Moss and Barry Sanders were both physically gifted freaks and I remember hearing about both of them having sons killing it in high school, but it's been years. Whatever happened to them?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Very rarely is the kid as good or better than the superstar father. Ken Griffey and Barry Bonds are the exceptions. Or sometimes they excel in a different sport (Ken Norton Jr).

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm sure he dominated the court just like Magic did

ej-johnson-leopard-loafer-swag.jpg

Reaction score
Children of the elite players probably have too much pressure to be great. It seems like children of solid/average professional players are all over the place though, and turn out to be superstars.

Steph Curry, Grant Hill, Manning brothers, Prince Fielder, Chris Long, Kobe Bryant... All the damn Matthews boys in the NFL.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Bill Bates has two sons and a daughter in college... They're triplets.

Top Bottom