LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Something I started a couple of years ago, where you take the overall draft rankings of players and you mock them in accordance to the Cowboys draft number of each round. For instance, in the 1st round, the Cowboys have pick #18. So the only players you can pick are those whose overall ranking is 18 or lower. Vaccaro is #18, but you don't have to pick him of course, but you canno0t pick Cooper or Warmack who are both ranked #16 and #2, respectively. I started off with Fluker, whose ranking is #22.

1st round (18): D.J. Fluker, OT --- Alabama (22).

2nd round (47): Eric Reid, FS --- LSU (52).

3rd round (80): Tyrann Matthieu, CB --- LSU (83).

4th round (111): Brian Winters, OG --- Kent State (118).

5th round (144): Montori Hughes, DT --- Tennessee - Martin (152).

6th round (175): William Gholston, DE --- Michigan State (175).

Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus frowns upon your inclusion of Matthieu.

Here's my version:

18 - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
47 - Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers
80 - Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
111 - David Quessenberry, G/T, San Jose State
144 - Lavar Edwards, DE, LSU
175 - Ricky Wagner, T, Wisconsin

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Here's my version:

Yeah yeah. People tell me that Matthieu is not an RKG, but so the fuck what. Dez certainly is no RKG. I would love to have a secodary made up of LSU alums like Claiborne, Rei, and Matthieu.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Something I started a couple of years ago, where you take the overall draft rankings of players and you mock them in accordance to the Cowboys draft number of each round. For instance, in the 1st round, the Cowboys have pick #18. So the only players you can pick are those whose overall ranking is 18 or lower. Vaccaro is #18, but you don't have to pick him of course, but you canno0t pick Cooper or Warmack who are both ranked #16 and #2, respectively. I started off with Fluker, whose ranking is #22.

1st round (18): D.J. Fluker, OT --- Alabama (22).

2nd round (47): Eric Reid, FS --- LSU (52).

3rd round (80): Tyrann Matthieu, CB --- LSU (83).

4th round (111): Brian Winters, OG --- Kent State (118).

5th round (144): Montori Hughes, DT --- Tennessee - Martin (152).

6th round (175): William Gholston, DE --- Michigan State (175).
This would actually be a nice draft. Reid's not my favorite safety but he could start on the next level for sure. Love the Winters, Fluker and Matthieu picks.

Cowboysrule122

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Here's my version:

I'd take this draft as well. Nice.

Reaction score
Yeah yeah. People tell me that Matthieu is not an RKG, but so the fuck what. Dez certainly is no RKG. I would love to have a secodary made up of LSU alums like Claiborne, Rei, and Matthieu.

Dez and Matthieu should become roommates. And then get a reality TV show.

Not joking.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I like it.

What a surprise.

So what do we do with Witten? Because if you draft a 1st round TE... you have to start him. And so you bench a guy that just came off a record-setting season, and shows no signs of slowing down, and so happens to be Romo's go-to guy.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
What a surprise.

So what do we do with Witten? Because if you draft a 1st round TE... you have to start him. And so you bench a guy that just came off a record-setting season, and shows no signs of slowing down, and so happens to be Romo's go-to guy.

2-TE offense, bro. It helps Jason Garrett mask his simplistic scheme, gives Romo another hot route, causing Ds to worry about the middle and thus taking some coverage away from Dez.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
2-TE offense, bro. It helps Jason Garrett mask his simplistic scheme, gives Romo another hot route, causing Ds to worry about the middle and thus taking some coverage away from Dez.

If we werent lacking on the OL and potentially DL so much, I might go along with you.

But not this year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
It would take pressure off the Oline having another hot read for Romo to go to.

Not if he has to stay in and block all the time because the OL cant hold up.

Plus, while he's a good prospect we already have Hanna here, and he looks to be a pretty good fit for the 2nd TE role here.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Then just fucking go with what we have on the roster now: James Hannah. Stupid to waste a 1st on a TE, with so much other glaring needs.

Top Bottom