GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I like the fact that Garrett is always pro active. He knows he sucks at managing games so he brings in BC to help him. He's an honest personal evaluator and I think that's very important.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Hey Glory, I drove into PG county today and their sign said "Rising to greatness" or some bullshit lol

yeah right!

Reaction score
Callahan wasn't even the first option for the job. The dude is an awful coach in his own right.

I do love the idea of patchwork around Ginger to hide his flaws though. They're using silly putty to stop a ship leak here. Ginger should have never got the OC job to begin with. Very transparent that Jerry was desperately eager to make up for the mistake of letting Sean Payton walk for nothing. He had the most talented young coach in the league sitting here gift-wrapped in Dallas, and he was too dumb to recognize it.

As someone said, it's just a shame to see top 5 players at the QB, TE, DE (or whatever it is that Ware plays), etc. have their careers wasted away while people *hope* Garrett becomes more than a poor man's Bruce Coslet. A great coach and staff could have had this team in the NFCCG 2-3 times since 2006.

Instead, the team has no coaching leadership and you're have left with fans saying "well guyz, I think u overrate the talent on the team. This team really blowz actually. Romo is like top 20 QB at best. Teh Teh Teh burn barrel."

Reaction score
And I love the excuse of "having too much on his plate." If he wasn't ready to accept the work that comes with an HC position, he never should have taken the job.

The problem is that he's fucking retarded and scraping for excuses to keep his million dollar gig going for as long as possible.

"But we went to Princeton! Means he can build arcs and walk on water, yall."

Idiots.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I get the sense that UVAwahoos does not like Jason Garrett.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I realize it's not going to happen, but let's say Garrett bungles some more games this year, the team under performs, and Jones has no choice but to can the Prodigy (Garrett). Who's the 1 name you'd like to see Jones turn to to coach this team?

1 name fuckers.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I realize it's not going to happen, but let's say Garrett bungles some more games this year, the team under performs, and Jones has no choice but to can the Prodigy (Garrett). Who's the 1 name you'd like to see Jones turn to to coach this team?

1 name fuckers.

Bill Cowher

Reaction score
Not crazy. My two main problems with Garrett are:

1) been underachieving for 5+ years with an elite QB and talent at multiple positions

2) we let lots of viable candidates take jobs elsewhere while keeping this Garrett experiment going

So now if he continues to fail, it'll be tough to replace him. Jerry picked the worst time to play around like this. The team that Parcells handed over could have done some real special things with the right leadership.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
GaryColemanHuh.gif

Why does Garrett get the blame for Wades years?

Reaction score
Assistant HC with total autonomy over the offense. Wade got 100% of the blame for being 50% of the problem.

It was also ridiculous that they did not even want to talk with Harbaugh or other candidates after Garrett's interim season. Shows that Jerry was too stubborn to admit failure with his wonderboy predecessor. Garrett would not have been hired to HC a single NFL team after 2010, so it's sad that Dallas didn't at least interview around to see what options were out there.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Assistant HC with total autonomy over the offense. Wade got 100% of the blame for being 50% of the problem.

It was also ridiculous that they did not even want to talk with Harbaugh or other candidates after Garrett's interim season. Shows that Jerry was too stubborn to admit failure with his wonderboy predecessor. Garrett would not have been hired to HC a single NFL team after 2010, so it's sad that Dallas didn't at least interview around to see what options were out there.

Read this blog
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-is-jeff-fishers-freedom-jason-garretts-leash

I think this was alot of how it went down. I really think jerry wanted fischer, he always has wanted him. But the titans didnt pull on fischer and teams were already calling bout JG. So jerry with his first option gone went with his other option. Nobody knows for sure but alot of people thought this was the way it went down too.

FuzzyLumpkins

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Garrett, by himself, lost 2 games for his football team last year. If you wanna nitpick, you could call it 3.

For such a smart dude, he looked like a huge dumbfuck at crucial times last year.

While I do not disagree that Garrett fucked up all this does is discredit the 120 or so plays that are in a game. The events at the ends of games are the most emotionally significant but plays in the 1st quarter effect the outcome just as much as plays in the 4th quarter.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
While I do not disagree that Garrett fucked up all this does is discredit the 120 or so plays that are in a game. The events at the ends of games are the most emotionally significant but plays in the 1st quarter effect the outcome just as much as plays in the 4th quarter.

That's pretty deep. I get your point.

No disrespect, but a lot of bad coaches do some good things during the course of a football game. Right or wrong, coaches, players, etc. are judged by what they do when the game is on the line.

Of course every possession is important, every decision you make throughout the course of a game gets you where you are in the 4th qtr. You can do most things right all game, but if you can't handle the pressure at the end of the game, that's a problem.

You have to be able to coach all 60 minutes, put your players in a position to succeed.

Reaction score
Read this blog
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-is-jeff-fishers-freedom-jason-garretts-leash

I think this was alot of how it went down. I really think jerry wanted fischer, he always has wanted him. But the titans didnt pull on fischer and teams were already calling bout JG. So jerry with his first option gone went with his other option. Nobody knows for sure but alot of people thought this was the way it went down too.

I'm not too sure how reliable Bleacher Report is, but I read the same stuff around the time. I only trust Hostile's articles from that site. He's very connected with the entire NFL.

Fisher was available this offseason, and Jerry had every excuse to go out and get him. Dallas collapsed and finished 3rd in the division while our arch rivals went on to win the Super Bowl with a team that many thought would not even win 8 games prior to the season starting.

Do you have a source for the bold part? I know that the Ravens and a couple other teams wanted Garrett after our 13-3 season. The next season, the Rams had some interest but did not hire him. I don't think any other team has wanted to touch him since then.

Last edited:
Top Bottom