Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
We could go 5-11 and Jerry wouldn't fire him. He's a made man in the Jerruh family.

Yea it's pretty obvious.

What's scary is if we miss the playoffs again which is very likely, I have a feeling Jerry will get antsy and just do what he wants again. So all the rkg and changing the locker room wouldn't mean a thing if Jerry gets nervous and can't hang in there for the long haul like he did after 05 with parcells.

When I listen to Jerry I am still not 100% sure he even really believes in Garrett. I get the feeling that he goes along with all this stuff because 10 was so bad and everyone thought this was the right idea, so now he is going to sell it to death.

That sideline crap against the eagles was awful. He didn't even do that to campo or wade.

Reaction score
Between the nerdy little TE coach, the father who likely hasn't worked in years, and the HC who somehow turned being a shitty OC into a promotion, I'd say the Garrett family is firmly entrenched like a bad termite infestation at this point.

I'm sure Garrett will linger like a stale fart for another 2-3 seasons. It seems to have taken decades to get rid of Campo and Houck. Jerry has a hard time disposing of rodents.

The best part is how the media (and retarded fans) are quick to throw players like Romo under the bus for losses. The team has not had a legit coaching staff since 2006. Sure, it's def the players fault.

Even the douchiest and proudest Garrett supporters admit the he's played a huge role in losses throughout the years. Only in Dallas is that acceptable. The season is 16 games long. Can't have ur coach blowing 20% of the games and then be all like "they really had a chance! Just need some LBs and new O-linemen guyz!!!"

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The best part is how the media (and retarded fans) are quick to throw players like Romo under the bus for losses. The team has not had a legit coaching staff since 2006. Sure, it's def the players fault.

Even the douchiest and proudest Garrett supporters admit the he's played a huge role in losses throughout the years. Only in Dallas is that acceptable. The season is 16 games long. Can't have ur coach blowing 20% of the games and then be all like "they really had a chance! Just need some LBs and new O-linemen guyz!!!"
Or, "He's a young coach, guyz! You have to give him time to learn!"

Ya, that's perfectly acceptable for an OJT coach to blow games with a team of players ready to win now. So Romo's prime is wasted, so what? Franchise QBs are easy to come by, right?

If Jerruh was going to insist on Garrett, too bad it couldn't be in a Campo type situation where the roster was so bad the team had no chance to win for a few years anyway.

Reaction score
Or, "He's a young coach, guyz! You have to give him time to learn!"

Ya, that's perfectly acceptable for an OJT coach to blow games with a team of players ready to win now. So Romo's prime is wasted, so what? Franchise QBs are easy to come by, right?

If Jerruh was going to insist on Garrett, too bad it couldn't be in a Campo type situation where the roster was so bad the team had no chance to win for a few years anyway.

Garrett got all the credit as "Assistant Head Coach" for any good stuff that happened, and absolutely NONE of the blame for the bad things. You'd have to search pretty hard to find threads or articles lamenting how unprepared the offense was in that 44-6 loss to Philly, and then the 34-3 disaster versus Minny the very next year.

1-7 start? No problem, that's definitely all on Wade. Had nothing to do with the offense or assistant head coach.

We're down 0-6 with 8mins left in the 1st quarter? "WELL FUCK A GOAT. ABANDON the run ASAP and get to passing. Gotta throw our way out of this mess. I was a 3rd string QB, and a positional coach for one season before coming here, so I know EXACTLY what to do!"

Bennett sucks? It's bc he's immature and retarded. It must have zero to do with his position coach who looks and talks like he should be teaching math at a community college. "Teh guy is my bruther. He'z the best TE coach ever!"

In an era where coaches like Jim Harbaugh can roll in and turn an entire franchise (with less or equal talent as Dallas) around, it's amazing how fans are still so complacent with the last 5 mediocre seasons under Garrett. It speaks to how retarded 90% of message boards users are in general. These boards have become a contest to see who can cyber face-fuck Garrett the quickest in order to win first place in the imaginary internet popularity contest. Or worse...in order to get a job with the organization.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
i find it funny how garrett gets a pass cause he's a "young coach" but young OL that the cowboys have are garbage because they played below fan expectation their first year with no offseason to prepare

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I really cant imagine Jones firing Garrett barring just some amazingly pathetic season, something like a last place finish with a 3-13 record.

Firmly believe we win double digit games and make the playoffs, and win at least 1 game in the postseason, if not more.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I really cant imagine Jones firing Garrett barring just some amazingly pathetic season, something like a last place finish with a 3-13 record.

Firmly believe we win double digit games and make the playoffs, and win at least 1 game in the postseason, if not more.

nothing could get him fired this year except like 0-16, which would cause him to get on his knees and go to a proven guy like a cowher/gruden.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
nothing could get him fired this year except like 0-16, which would cause him to get on his knees and go to a proven guy like a cowher/gruden.

Great. We could go 1 and 15 and Jerry would be telling us how brilliant Jason was in that 1 victory.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
We're stuck with Garrett.

Hopefully Romo can be extra magical this year and beyond.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Jerry was telling us how brilliant Wade was even the day he fired him. Jerry doesnt have loyalty to a coach. Its just a matter how how much he's willing to tolerate

superpunk

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I do like the idea of sticking with a coach for the long-haul though. It will be cool if Garrett's philosophy can turn us into a consistent winner (where we're challenging for the CCG every season not this make the playoffs one and done then miss next season crap).

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I do like the idea of sticking with a coach for the long-haul though. It will be cool if Garrett's philosophy can turn us into a consistent winner (where we're challenging for the CCG every season not this make the playoffs one and done then miss next season crap).

thats the only thing that makes me have hope. He is young, he could be here with stephen and whoever else is in the front office for 20 years. If they can find a way to keep getting solid guys and not take headcases and idiots and just keep putting out the same quality team regardless of personnel changes like pitt, balt, new england that would be great.

that is extremely difficult to do.

It would be nice though if that is something they put together and just had a plan and went with it, instead of the constant changing of philosophies and stuff.

The real issue is garrett struggled last year and has been here through some really ridiculously bad efforts in important games and we are supposed to believe he didnt have anything to do with that. When everyone is gone but him last year and the same types of losses are still happening it just seems like maybe he is part of that.

but I guess we just have to hope he is learning and fast and that the roster will be solid and when shannahan, coughlin and reid have had enough in a few years garrett is hitting his stride. Then the problem becomes you no longer have ware, witten or romo.

I want to like him and I did until last year really looked like a struggle for him. Babe claimed the other night that callahan setting up the gameplans and having a good understanding of the passing game is going to be really big for Jason, so we will see I guess.

CowboysRMX

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Every owner gm coach player all the way to fans would love that idea. But it just isnt happening that way.

I just dont see why Jerry gets all the brunt of the failure. The guy has basically overhauled twice in the last decade for the liking of the coach. First with Parcells from a smaller athletic faster team to a bigger supposed to be more powerful team. Which turned into a bigger(fatter) stupid team. Dallas failed in campo's years one because he was a bad coach but the team had zero resources because of retirements injuries. ALOT of dead money. Now with Garrett Jerry released veterans with ****** contracts and aging bodies for younger players. Fans complained that younger players never got the chance to compete, last yr they did with minimal preperation and are crucified this yr because theyre shit in the fans minds.

IMO Dallas has had 2 recent seasons that couldnt have paid dividens if there was better coaching. 2007 and 2009. Jerry has put winning teams on the field but for whatever reason the teams failed fans not Jerry.

And in no terms am i saying Jerry is perfect but he's gone out and brought in talent. This team just couldnt win period. for whatever reason.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Might as well keep on with Garrett and for these reasons:

1.) It's better than recycling re-treads.
2.) A lack of seriously good head coaching candidates out there. Maybe 6-7 years from now a promising coordinator works himself up the ranks to HC from either the Cowboys or elsewhere.
3.) We've already wasted years with him.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
thats the only thing that makes me have hope. He is young, he could be here with stephen and whoever else is in the front office for 20 years. If they can find a way to keep getting solid guys and not take headcases and idiots and just keep putting out the same quality team regardless of personnel changes like pitt, balt, new england that would be great.
And that could very well happen. If you just have a decent, competent head coach, then you're going to win as long as you have good players. Which we do right now.

I mean, coaches still coach and players still play. No one thinks the Ravens won in 2000 because of Brian Billick, do they?

On the Babe point, I do think it's kind of funny how the Princeton Offensive Super Genius is going to so benefit from a retread like Callahan, who was an OL coach at his last stop, holding his hand. It's almost like as long as we get enough smart people around him to do all the work, we'll be fine.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
And that could very well happen. If you just have a decent, competent head coach, then you're going to win as long as you have good players. Which we do right now.

I mean, coaches still coach and players still play. No one thinks the Ravens won in 2000 because of Brian Billick, do they?

On the Babe point, I do think it's kind of funny how the Princeton Offensive Super Genius is going to so benefit from a retread like Callahan, who was an OL coach at his last stop, holding his hand. It's almost like as long as we get enough smart people around him to do all the work, we'll be fine.

Regarding Callahan. Some coaches are just better coordinators, handling a specific unit, as opposed to a whole team.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score

Garrett needs help with game management in general. I do think a former HC can help with that a bit. I really wish they hadn't run Dan Reeves off. A guy that has seen it all would really benefit Garrett

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
i took babe's comments as jason needed help because he had to much on his plate. Now he can concentrate on other things with a proven coordinator here.

Time will tell

Top Bottom