dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
This really isn't that big of a deal. There's probably a fairly long list of guys who had this and only missed minimal (if any) time.

I think Alvin Harper played with this injury, and as TE mentioned Bryce Petty had the same injury and only missed a game.

As Romo and the other Cowboy people have said, its a pain/discomfort thing more than anything else.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
"Just give him yet another custom pad and he's good to go."

Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo will wear additional padding if he plays Sunday - NFL - SI.com

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will wear additional padding if he plays against the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday, according to the Dallas Morning News.

Romo is currently day-to-day with a back injury and his status for Sunday's game is uncertain after being diagnosed with a back contusion. Romo was kneed in the back by Washington linebacker Keenan Robinson on Monday and was replaced by Brandon Weeden before returning for the fourth quarter and overtime.

The News reports that the Cowboys equipment staff will "sew a patch of padding into the T-shirt that Romo wears under his equipment" to protect the injured area in the event that Romo plays.

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network reported Wednesday that Romo's availability will depend on his pain tolerance. The quarterback already wears a jacket to protect his ribs and uses a pad on his lower back, according to the News.

The Cowboys are 6-2 after losing to Washington on Monday. They will host the Cardinals (6-1) on Sunday.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just let the guy sit for a few weeks and get as close to healthy as he can to help us get to 8-8.

Reaction score
David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 6 hours ago California, US

Transverse process fractures can get worse & more painful if hit but will not cause nerve damage, become long term or need surgery. #Romo

David J. Chao, MD ‏@ProFootballDoc 6 hours ago Escondido, CA

Fractures take 6wks to heal. ROMO will play in 0-2wks. Don't need transverse process to heal to play. They often never heal. Non-structural

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I have no idea why he decided to open his back to that rusher in the first place.

That was an odd way to take that hit.

Reaction score
I don't know

If I'm coach, I sit him this game. Weeden took snaps all week. Arizona is a blitz heavy team.

Just sit him and run run run all day long.

Reaction score
Against the Jaguars? No doubt.

Then the bye week, and he'll have three weeks to get ready for the 3 games in 11 days stretch.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think Murray's streak ends today unless weedmen hits a few throws early.

Top Bottom