VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this ridiculous over-reaction to Skips tweet is a pathetic example of where we have come as a country where apparently no one has the ability to have civil discourse when it comes to any matter anymore.

Instead, people sniff the winds of outrage and try to harness them to appear virtuous while working to censor and cancel the target of their recreational outrage.

Its a sad, pathetic indictment of an inability to sway people with reason and logic and it needs to stop ASAP. I fear where this mindset will lead us as a country if rational people in mass, across this great country from each and every state dont stand up to this nonsense whenever and wherever they encounter this mindset NOT with censorship or hate but with compassion, reason and logic humbly working to persuade folks to a broader without judgement and overflowing in grace

Here's the newest virtue signaler on the matter

Awkward...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Of course the league is lying
The league lying makes more sense than not. The game wasn't called until an hour after the ambulance left the field. If resuming play did not cross their minds as Vincent claims, it should have been a two call, 15 minute process at most. I know the situation was unprecidented, but that doesn't mean your response had to reinvent the wheel. Even if ESPN's report isn't one hundred percent accurate, the league dropped the ball somewhere.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this ridiculous over-reaction to Skips tweet is a pathetic example of where we have come as a country where apparently no one has the ability to have civil discourse when it comes to any matter anymore.

Instead, people sniff the winds of outrage and try to harness them to appear virtuous while working to censor and cancel the target of their recreational outrage.

Its a sad, pathetic indictment of an inability to sway people with reason and logic and it needs to stop ASAP. I fear where this mindset will lead us as a country if rational people in mass, across this great country from each and every state dont stand up to this nonsense whenever and wherever they encounter this mindset NOT with censorship or hate but with compassion, reason and logic humbly working to persuade folks to a broader without judgement and overflowing in grace

Here's the newest virtue signaler on the matter

gotta take what shannon sharpe did into context a little bit

this is skip's monologue from the previous episode, without sharpe

as you can see, skip makes everything about himself. hes been an inflammatory ass pimple for a long time, and people watch him for it.

before this hamlin stuff, sharpe recently blew up at skip for disrespecting him and his career when comparing him to tom brady.

sharpe appears to be getting increasingly frustrated by his co-host, and maybe they dont like each other when the cameras turn off too

ORRR its a tv show and theyre 'acting'

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I hate Skip Bayless and always have, but his tweet (while maybe a little insensitive) was valid. The league has a conundrum with this. I don't think he tried to make this out into "the game is more important than a player fighting for his life" as some tried to spin it.

But it is an issue and you can bet that no matter how bad they feel for the player, in a week or two when this plays out if the league does nothing but "cancel" the game then one of those teams (or more) is going to complain and say they got shafted. The only team happy if the league cancels the game is Kansas City, because right now they would have HFA even though they lost to both Buffalo and Cincinnati.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
ORRR its a tv show and theyre 'acting'

‘that’s the way I take it, like Stephen A’s shtick, Sharpe could squash Skip like a bug if he was really mad and wanted too, it looked like weak acting to me from both

Skips been a goofball since his days when he was on the Ticket in Dallas implying AIkman was gay, the fault in this guys continual existence in the media are the fools that watch and listen

i want nothing but the best and a full recovery for Hamlin but I still don’t understand the vitriol over the tweet that was asking a question every football fan wants to know while also expressing concern for Hamlin

this reminds me of post 911 where no one was allowed to laugh or make any jokes

maybe I’m just too desensitized and nothing bothers me but it seems like I can care about Hamlin yet wonder how the league is going to handle this scenario which I’d make a huge bet in Vegas that every one of Skips critics wonders the same thing

and I don’t give 2 shits about Skip or watch his show

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the question of 'what happens now' should not be asked by skip bayless at the same time the EMTs are doing chest compressions on the guy on the field

skip deserves the abuse because he's made a nice living off being the fancy little dickhead that he is

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He's awake and communicating with doctors and family. First thing he asked was "who won the game?" The doctor promptly answered, "you did."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
NFL doing fucktard league idea things when it comes to this game cancellation.

Really ignorant stuff coming out of them. Adding an 8th playoff team to both conferences? The #1 seed gets to "
pick" either the bye week or HFA? Neutral site for AFC Championship game?

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Just do what that blowhard Stephen A Smith suggested. Clearly smarter than anyone in that dumbshit league office.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
the question of 'what happens now' should not be asked by skip bayless at the same time the EMTs are doing chest compressions on the guy on the field
One hundred percent agree. The question isn't the problem, if he'd sent out that tweet this morning nobody would have batted an eye.
skip deserves the abuse because he's made a nice living off being the fancy little dickhead that he is
All he'd have to say is that my question was valid, but my timing could have been better (or something along that line), but nope, he's gotta fall on his sword as a bona fide jackass.

Top Bottom