Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Oh my goodness I think we have a player died on the field at Cincinnati. Game is suspended. Damar Hamlin.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I have never seen an ambulance on this field during a game and I don’t ever remember hearing that they had to administer CPR on field before

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I have never seen an ambulance on this field during a game and I don’t ever remember hearing that they had to administer CPR on field before
The hit was hard right in the sternum. He got up from the tackle and took a step back, and collapsed. I felt right away it was a cardiac situation. Just from the way he collapsed. Sudden and total loss of blood pressure.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I don't remember exact, since it was a number of years ago but I feel the ambulance was out for Dennis Byrd.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I don't remember exact, since it was a number of years ago but I feel the ambulance was out for Dennis Byrd.
I remember they had the ambulance on the field for Darryl Stingley. This is very reminiscent of that for me.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Game is officially suspended for this evening. What happens next will be announced at a time tbd after the league confers with both teams.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Unfortunately I believe the dude is dead and they're waiting on the family to gather before unplugging him and announcing it.

Intubated means he's not breathing on his own, which means brain dead. Whether from cardiac arrest or a bleedout from a rupture, his brain starved of oxygen long enough to kill it.

The hit itself wasn't in any way severe, but was just a one in a million thing that either caused a aorta rupture or an electrical interruption, an arrest. Or there was some cardiac defect....

Either way, sad. And it'll be used. Used.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Horrible situation and of course the media rushes to judgement about the violence of the game being the cause, some media went as far to say as football should be banned now.

I didn't see one mainstream media or media talking head physician mention the one thing that would seem to be behind a lot of this, and it has to be scaring the shit out of professional athletes all over the world now. Many were forced to take this ridiculous vaccine and boosters and people are dropping dead all over the place on a daily basis. I have no idea if that's what happened here, but it has to be considered. Instead they want to brush it under the carpet and ignore it.

Perhaps he had an undiagnosed heart ailment, perhaps it was just really bad luck and he got hit the wrong way and it stunned his heart (because the hit itself did not seem all that traumatic), who knows for sure.

But the entire world needs to wake up to what has been happening since these Covid vaccines were forced on everyone.

Thoughts and prayers to this kid and all his family. Hopefully he recovers and lives a normal life.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Cardiac arrest confirmed, occurs in 1 to 2 out of 100,000 athletes annually.

According to the Sports Institute, a sudden cardiac arrest happens when the heart suddenly loses its normal rhythm and stops pumping blood. It is usually caused by abnormalities in the heart, but can also be triggered by a hard blow to the chest. Around one or two in every 100,000 athletes experience sudden cardiac arrest each year, according to the Sports Institute.

They got to him with chest compressions very quickly so hopefully there's no brain damage. Very encouraging that it wasn't any kind of rupture.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
The NFL never stated the game would start after a 5 minute warmup, as ESPN reported on-air. They should apologize.

I checked to see what ESPN has posted about this, and they left out addressing how they came to make their on-air statement about a 5 minute warmup. ESPN simply deflected to the statement that NFL executive vice president of football operations Troy Vincent made in the media conference call that happened later: "Vincent said that there was not a discussion between him and commissioner Roger Goodell about a five-minute period for players to get warmed up and that resuming play did not cross their minds."

daboyz

NFCE CHAMPIONS 🏆
Reaction score
This was/is a horrific tragedy. Been praying for the young Damar daily. My dear God, please let him pull through.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Either the NFL is lying or ESPN is lying...or maybe they're just "mis-remembering".... about the 5 minute warm-up...
The sin is the coverup, from Professionals at the Highest Level...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm sorry but this ridiculous over-reaction to Skips tweet is a pathetic example of where we have come as a country where apparently no one has the ability to have civil discourse when it comes to any matter anymore.

Instead, people sniff the winds of outrage and try to harness them to appear virtuous while working to censor and cancel the target of their recreational outrage.

Its a sad, pathetic indictment of an inability to sway people with reason and logic and it needs to stop ASAP. I fear where this mindset will lead us as a country if rational people in mass, across this great country from each and every state dont stand up to this nonsense whenever and wherever they encounter this mindset NOT with censorship or hate but with compassion, reason and logic humbly working to persuade folks to a broader without judgement and overflowing in grace

Here's the newest virtue signaler on the matter

Top Bottom