Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Do any of you here on this website drink bourbon?

I have been drinking and collecting bourbon for about a decade now. Anyone else here into the good stuff?

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I miss the good ole days before ppl even knew what good bourbon was.

I have had/owned/drank what most ppl consider the best bourbon in the world.

I miss the good ole days when you could find Elmer T. Lee, Stetzel Weller, Buffalo Trace bottles for less than $50 before ppl knew what they were.

I made a trip to Kentucky and Memphis Tennessee many years ago to further my bourbon edjumacation

I have a bottle of 12 year old Pappy that would be worth about $900-$1200 if it weren’t open and I have an unopened 20 year Pappy that I purchased for $900 in 2014 which is worth $2900 the last time I checked.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have buddies at work that have joined the bourbon revolution and it's always a topic of conversion, especially on Fridays. I started drinking scotch when I was overseas in the 90's and enjoy it but I don't dink alone very often. Now that Covid has altered people's social habits, I hate that I don't meet up with friends on Fridays or over the weekend for a few laughs and drinks.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Luckily I’m only a few miles from the 7grand in downtown LA.

They have a huge whiskey club that you could join for $100 a year. They would meet monthly and all you had to do was bring a$20 (or better) bottle of whiskey to the meeting and you could drink all you wanted.

You would bring a $20 crappy bottle of whiskey and other people would show up with $2500 bottle of scotch that you could try.

It was amazing!

You would easily drink your yearly $100 annual fee at each monthly meeting.

It was crazy! You would try a $1200 bottle of scotch next to a $50 bottle of whiskey and everyone would like the $50 bottle better!

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It was crazy! You would try a $1200 bottle of scotch next to a $50 bottle of whiskey and everyone would like the $50 bottle better!

This!! I'm not a connoisseur so I can't tell the difference between good scotch, bourbon, wine, etc. My buddies try to explain it to me when we get together but I can't always tell the difference or the unique quality that makes on brand better than another. A nice cigar and a few glasses of scotch and/or bourbon on Friday nights is in my future.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I miss the good ole days before ppl even knew what good bourbon was.

I have had/owned/drank what most ppl consider the best bourbon in the world.

I miss the good ole days when you could find Elmer T. Lee, Stetzel Weller, Buffalo Trace bottles for less than $50 before ppl knew what they were.

I made a trip to Kentucky and Memphis Tennessee many years ago to further my bourbon edjumacation

I have a bottle of 12 year old Pappy that would be worth about $900-$1200 if it weren’t open and I have an unopened 20 year Pappy that I purchased for $900 in 2014 which is worth $2900 the last time I checked.
I just checked the price on the bottle of Pappy that I have and it's gone up from the $2900 the last time I checked it a couple years ago. It is now valued at and selling for $4999. I cant believe how this bottle just keeps going up each year.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This!! I'm not a connoisseur so I can't tell the difference between good scotch, bourbon, wine, etc. My buddies try to explain it to me when we get together but I can't always tell the difference or the unique quality that makes on brand better than another. A nice cigar and a few glasses of scotch and/or bourbon on Friday nights is in my future.
It's great when you can blind taste test a number of bottles side by side. That way you aren't swayed by a label, brand, or price point. Plus it's the best way to find out what you like. You can pick your favorites based on taste alone. Who knows, you may end up liking the cheap stuff best.

It's a really nice way to start to figure out your own preferred taste profile.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
I cannot stand bourbon or whiskey. When I was a teen I got really sick on Jack Daniels when my cousin showed up when I got off work with a couple of fifths. We got totally shit faced and I got sicker than I had ever or still have to this day with alcohol. The bad part is some was spilled in my car and I had to live with the smell for months. It made me want to throw up every single time I got in that car until I finally ripped the carpet out and threw it away. That smell makes me sick to this day. I do not drink any more these days but when I used to I could only drink tequila or vodka although my main drink was beer.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m the same way with Southern Comfort and Kahlua

To this day I can’t even smell either one without gagging

I had bad experiences with each of them when I was younger

Top Bottom