Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Except that Jimmy is supposed to be getting most of the credit. He didn't deviate from normal procedure, Jerry did.

If Jerry wanted the same he couldve applied to coach a team. I doubt he'd get it but he could apply

I noticed it. Way over these fuckers heads.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
They both had egos, so I can't say that Jimmy is blameless.

But Jerry is and has been the biggest problem with this franchise. Honestly, if he'd step aside, he could probably pull any number of qualified GM candidates. I think he does a great job as a pure owner. He makes the team a ton of money and he's a salesman.

He just has no business dealing with the football side of things.

Even Garrett is an ego thing for him. I like Garrett, but was he qualified to be a HC yet? No. Even a guy like Mike Tomlin had way more coaching experience than Garrett when he started. But Jerry wants to take credit for finding the next great coach.

Meanwhile, people like Hostile want to try to pretend that Garrett is HC, OC and de facto GM when the guy has proven he doesn't have enough coaching experience to completely have a handle on simple clock management.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Enlighten us with the other problems we've been saddled with these last 16 years. Can you find one that doesn't have Jerry's fingerprints all over it?

All the injuries his fault?

Is the biased officiating thats cost us a number of times his fault?

A player like Roy Williams (OU) looking like a sure fire perennial all pro his first couple years or so basically losing it over night his fault?

Parcells being a shell of his former self as a headcoach his fault?

Etc Etc etc

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
No. Even a guy like Mike Tomlin had way more coaching experience than Garrett when he started.

Whats "way more" ???

Tomlin was a 1yr defensive coordinator and was a total surprise hiring by the Steelers.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Every team deals with injuries

The officiating for our games is terrible. I'll give you that.

A player like Roy Williams (OU) looking like a sure fire perennial all pro his first couple years or so basically losing it over night his fault?

Roy Williams was a bum and wasn't even worth a 3rd, much less a 1st, a 3rd, and whatever else Jerry decided to throw in.

Well, everyone else seemed to know that but him. Giants - Superbowl win, Patriots - Superbowl loss, Jets - AFC Championship loss. See the trend? He obviously didn't.

Reaction score
I know parcells has 1 playoff win in 16 years the game has passed him by

Etc Etc etc

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Roy Williams was a bum and wasn't even worth a 3rd, much less a 1st, a 3rd, and whatever else Jerry decided to throw in.

You were doing fine until this. this comment is ludicrous. RW was an outstanding player his first 2-3 years in the league. Something definitely happened to him after the break off with that singer and he was never the same.

Well, everyone else seemed to know that but him. Giants - Superbowl win, Patriots - Superbowl loss, Jets - AFC Championship loss. See the trend? He obviously didn't.

Parcells was never the same coach after he left NYG

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You were doing fine until this. this comment is ludicrous. RW was an outstanding player his first 2-3 years in the league. Something definitely happened to him after the break off with that singer and he was never the same.

Giving up what he did was ridiculous. Even the Lions were laughing at him about it - the Lions.

Parcells was never the same coach after he left NYG

You just proved my point. He can't pick a good head coach/no coach wants to work for him so he settles on a sure thing who is unfortunately well past his prime.

Jerry just needs to stay away from the football side of things. If I had a multi-faceted business and one of the facets I touched always turned to shit, the smart thing to do would be to let someone else handle it and take a back seat.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Giving up what he did was ridiculous. Even the Lions were laughing at him about it - the Lions.

WTF man? Get off the crack. I was talking about Roy Williams the safety.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
WTF man? Get off the crack. I was talking about Roy Williams the safety.

Well I didn't know which one you were talking about. He was a big time hitter but once his poor cover skills were exposed it was over.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well I didn't know which one you were talking about. He was a big time hitter but once his poor cover skills were exposed it was over.

Don't forget that Roy started to get exposed once we went to a 3-4. In a 4-3 the strong safety tends to share zone responsibilities with 3 linebackers vs the 3-4 he shares with 2 inside linebackers (this is very general and a broad description). He also got dumped by Kellie Rowland (cancelled their wedding), found religion, and had NFL rules that specifically targeted him all around this time as well.

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score

Instant loss of credibility.

Anyone that claims that the failure to win playoff games in the post-Johnson era is due to biased officiating is a drooling imbecile who is eating nachos by the foam finger stand on gamedays.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Don't forget that Roy started to get exposed once we went to a 3-4. In a 4-3 the strong safety tends to share zone responsibilities with 3 linebackers vs the 3-4 he shares with 2 inside linebackers (this is very general and a broad description). He also got dumped by Kellie Rowland (cancelled their wedding), found religion, and had NFL rules that specifically targeted him all around this time as well.

Yep, that all contributed to it. It also didn't help that he would horsecollar people every time.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Instant loss of credibility.

Anyone that claims that the failure to win playoff games in the post-Johnson era is due to biased officiating is a drooling imbecile who is eating nachos by the foam finger stand on gamedays.

lol

Very sbk-ish.

I agree, though.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Compilation of stuff I recorded back in the day. Covers the divorce and Barry's hiring. Special guest appearance by Skip Bayless!

[video=youtube;gcUPm0-HC1Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcUPm0-HC1Y&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Wow, that video intensified my hate for Jones.

Didn't think that was possible.

Top Bottom