junk

UDFA
Reaction score
France is by far the most hated country by Jihadis - it is representative of the Great Satan West - freely allowing Jews and most especially, Homosexuals free reign, and it dares to be a Christian nation. Plus, the Jihad has zero respect for France, because it is weak and stays weak. Appeasement never works.

Well, except for the fact that terrorist attacks in France dramatically increased once France started targeting the Middle East.

France sent troops to Mali in 2013. They started airstrikes in September 2014.

Look at the terrorist attacks in France and see if you can determine any sort of correlation.

List of terrorist incidents in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I'm not too worried about the fight. We could go in and kick the shit out of any of those countries in the middle east and really not break a sweat. So, it isn't a "cut and run".....we never really had enemies in Iraq in the first place.
You're one deluded dude.
Haven't seen much news about Islamic terrorism in China.....
China controls its borders with terminal urgency. You think there's a lot of Muslims there? LOL
How do you propose doing that?
Capitulating? I don't propose it. You are.

Reaction score
It is no surprise that resident leftists here are doing their damnedest to excuse Islam, blame conservatives and the "West", etc, rather than taking the red pill. Anything, but that red pill. 2+2 must always = potato for the leftist. Reality is just too damn scary.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
You're one deluded dude.
In what way? There isn't a military in the Middle East that we couldn't easily defeat in direct combat.

China controls its borders with terminal urgency. You think there's a lot of Muslims there? LOL
There are more Muslims in China than there are in the U.S. and France combined. It is hard to have this conversation when you don't have your facts straight.

Islam in China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A 2009 study done by the Pew Research Center, based on China's census, concluded there are 21,667,000 Muslims in China, accounting for 1.6% of the total population

A Pew Forum study, published in January 2011, estimated 4.7 million Muslims in France in 2010 (and forecasted 6.9 million in 2030)

A new estimate of the U.S. Muslim population | Pew Research Center
Pew Research Center estimates that there were about 3.3 million Muslims of all ages living in the United States in 2015.

Capitulating? I don't propose it. You are.

You said:
There's no amount of appeasement which will bring about any decent solution, other than total capitulation.
You're saying capitulation will bring about a decent solution. How so?

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
It is no surprise that resident leftists here are doing their damnedest to excuse Islam, blame conservatives and the "West", etc, rather than taking the red pill. Anything, but that red pill. 2+2 must always = potato for the leftist. Reality is just too damn scary.

I'm not sure if you are talking to me or not. I'm not excusing the people doing this stuff. They're horrible people. I'm also not blaming conservatives or the "West". I'm simply saying, I understand some of the reasons why terrorism exists and is increasing. Data supports it. Look at the increase in attacks in France and how they correspond with French military involvement in the Middle East.

I can also see that terrorism seems to be increasing, instead of decreasing, in spite of trillions of dollars spent and fifteen years at war. I think there are other options to combat this other than the short sighted "Let's go bomb them some more"

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you are talking to me or not. I'm not excusing the people doing this stuff. They're horrible people. I'm also not blaming conservatives or the "West". I'm simply saying, I understand some of the reasons why terrorism exists and is increasing. Data supports it. Look at the increase in attacks in France and how they correspond with French military involvement in the Middle East.

I can also see that terrorism seems to be increasing, instead of decreasing, in spite of trillions of dollars spent and fifteen years at war. I think there are other options to combat this other than the short sighted "Let's go bomb them some more"

So you agree with Onumnuts that diplomacy will win? He just said this in the last couple of days.

Or do you agree with Lynch that love and compassion will win in the end?

Or do you feel that providing good jobs for the towel heads is the answer?

Or maybe all of the above?

UFB. We actually have our highest ranking govt officials throwing this crap out there and keep a straight face while saying it.

Reaction score

Is it really hard to figure out why these terrorists are doing this stuff to certain countries outside the general middle east region recently? Like Junk posted, there are more Muslims in China than France and the US... you could throw the UK in there as well, and still nowhere near the number of Muslims in China.

China's not involved militarily in the Middle East. They are using economic motivation almost exclusively. You don't hear of Islamic terror attacks in South America. Most of Europe doesn't see attacks. None in Canada or Mexico recently. Doesn't happen in Japan. France has seen a lot, Spain had one, the UK.

If they just wanted to kill infidels indiscriminately, then why are they discriminately not picking these places?

NoMoRedJ

UDFA
Reaction score
Is it really hard to figure out why these terrorists are doing this stuff to certain countries outside the general middle east region recently? Like Junk posted, there are more Muslims in China than France and the US... you could throw the UK in there as well, and still nowhere near the number of Muslims in China.

China's not involved militarily in the Middle East. They are using economic motivation almost exclusively. You don't hear of Islamic terror attacks in South America. Most of Europe doesn't see attacks. None in Canada or Mexico recently. Doesn't happen in Japan. France has seen a lot, Spain had one, the UK.

If they just wanted to kill infidels indiscriminately, then why are they discriminately not picking these places?

They will, dont worry. Its their mandate. But for now, they target the ones they hate the most.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
So you agree with Onumnuts that diplomacy will win? He just said this in the last couple of days.

Or do you agree with Lynch that love and compassion will win in the end?

Or do you feel that providing good jobs for the towel heads is the answer?

Or maybe all of the above?

UFB. We actually have our highest ranking govt officials throwing this crap out there and keep a straight face while saying it.

I don't think "love and compassion" would be very effective. I'd put pressure on the governments of these areas (as well as of their neighbors) to get their own problems under control. I'd cut off aid to the region. I'd pull the military out (including our bases in some of these countries). I'd keep a Navy in the area to keep trade routes going and maintain the threat of air strikes, if needed.

Look at OPEC's reaction once the U.S. started producing mass quantities of oil recently. Tell them we aren't interested in oil until they figure this out and started producing domestically. Gas prices will go up and people will freak out, I'm sure. $4-6 trillion can subsidize a lot of gas consumption though. Push for economic sanctions throughout the international community.

Would it work? Who knows? Does seem like it might be time to try something else though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
France is by far the most hated country by Jihadis - it is representative of the Great Satan West - freely allowing Jews and most especially, Homosexuals free reign, and it dares to be a Christian nation. Plus, the Jihad has zero respect for France, because it is weak and stays weak. Appeasement never works.

France is the epitome of multiculturalism, and its failed miserably.

The bolded part I do agree with though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So why it'd take 10 years to find Bin Laden?

Many believe what I stated, that there were leaders of certain countries who knew exactly where he was, and made no effort to help us.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
:lol

You really don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you?

France has been dropping bombs and in Iraq for the last couple of years. The Syrian president even claimed French involvement in the Syrian civil war triggered the Paris attacks.

OK Junk

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Well, except for the fact that terrorist attacks in France dramatically increased once France started targeting the Middle East.

France sent troops to Mali in 2013. They started airstrikes in September 2014.

Look at the terrorist attacks in France and see if you can determine any sort of correlation.

List of terrorist incidents in France - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah, it had nothing to do with the 10's of thousands of "migrants" they freely admitted to their own country. Nothing whatsoever.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Junk, guilty as charged

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Global Terrorism Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Global Terrorism Index (GTI) is an attempt to systematically rank the nations of the world according to terrorist activity. The index combines a number of factors associated with terrorist attacks to build an explicit picture of the impact of terrorism over a 10-year period, illustrating trends, and providing a data series for analysis by researchers and policymakers. It is the product of Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) and is based on data from the Global Terrorism Database (GTD) which is collected and collated by the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) at the University of Maryland. The GTD has codified over 125,000 cases of terrorism.[1]

Top Bottom