icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Beasley was a decent player, probably could have been a bit better had he really dedicated himself. He did have 6 seasons of 50+ receptions, 3 of those were 75+. He had great short area quickness.

McConkey is bigger and faster though (straight out speed) but he has similar short area burst/quickness and is clearly a better overall talent. But most people will peg McConkey to a similar type offensive role, 3rd/slot WR who can help out on PR's as well.

Agree with you that he is unlikely to make it to our pick in round two, but it's possible.
but what if mcconkey is not just some role player but actually could be a legit WR1 ??

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
but what if mcconkey is not just some role player but actually could be a legit WR1 ??

I'm as big a homer as there is for UGA players and I do think McConkey is a quality talent.

But I don't think he's a WR1 for most teams. I do think he's going to be good though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I think without the injury, Brooks would have been the #1 RB by far, and might have even squeezed into the 1st rd.

Supposed to be ready for training camp (which would be pretty amazing if true, he tire the ACL in November I think) but he just received a positive prognosis.

Jane Slater is reporting the Cowboys are VERY interested in Brooks as fyi.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Wont be 21 until later this yr. Played only 10 games before the knee injury, had 6 100+ games incl a season high 218 v Kansas. 6'10, 215lbs...before injury they said his 40 times was expected to be mid 4.4's

Jerry loves him some injured guys in round two.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Bob McGinn's info from scouts on Brooks:

Jonathon Brooks, Texas (6-0, 216): Backed up Bijan Robinson and Roschon Johnson in 2021-’22, carrying just 51 times. Began 2023 behind C.J. Baxter but when the freshman was injured, Brooks made the most of his chance. “He was almost a carbon copy of Bijan Robinson last year,” said one scout. “He not only can run but he’s a big-time receiver. He’s explosive.” Gained 1,139 yards and averaged 6.1 in 11 games before suffering a torn ACL Nov. 11 against TCU. “He’s hurt but he’s good,” a second scout said. “Any other year he’d be a first-round dude. He does everything. He catches, he runs, he’s got vision, he’s smooth. He’s got big-play ability. He’ll pound it in as well. He’s just a really good player with a very versatile skill set … I was never a huge Bijan guy so I don’t think there’s that much of a difference.

Top Bottom