icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
LZ mocks mims to DAL

Mims is a mountain of a man with elite traits and an enormous ceiling of potential. He's never played left tackle, so he'd likely plug in at right tackle, with Tyler Smith bouncing out to the left tackle role in Dallas.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my eye starts twitching when i see mocks taking a RB in the 2nd round

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
my eye starts twitching when i see mocks taking a RB in the 2nd round

He's probably RB #1 in this class. It's a pick at the end of the 2nd, I wouldn't have a big problem with it.

That said, I doubt he makes it to our pick in round two.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
With Jason Kelce now officially retiring and the Sheguls picking 2 spots ahead of us, you can officially kiss any chance at the stud JPJ being there for us. It was already a long shot, but with the birds picking at 22 and now officially needing a center as well….

You can kiss that pick good bye!

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
With Jason Kelce now officially retiring and the Sheguls picking 2 spots ahead of us, you can officially kiss any chance at the stud JPJ being there for us. It was already a long shot, but with the birds picking at 22 and now officially needing a center as well….

You can kiss that pick good bye!
First, they drafted Cam Jurgens to eventually succeed Kelce.

Second, there are other high end C prospects in this draft too, its not JPJ and nobody. In the end one or two of the others may end up being better pro C's anyway.

Come down from the ledge Amigo.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
dolphins also need a center

steelers need one

bucs need one

then there's free agency... see what happens

theres a lot in the draft - JPJ, frazier, van pran, nugent, bortolini

IMO, make sure your team is solid up the middle, draft the best center available, and move on... you'll have him under contract for 4-5 years and a 1st round center should be here for 10 years... set it and forget it

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's going to be Cole Beasley, except with more real talent and without the knucklehead rap garbage
c'mon you dont think mcconkey is gonna be a lot better than beasley ?

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
absolutely believe he's going to be better than Beasley.

More real talent and not a knucklehead.
ok good because being white is probably the only thing they have in common

its a deep pool at receiver, and still there's probably no real chance he makes it to DAL in the 2nd round

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
ok good because being white is probably the only thing they have in common

its a deep pool at receiver, and still there's probably no real chance he makes it to DAL in the 2nd round
Beasley was a decent player, probably could have been a bit better had he really dedicated himself. He did have 6 seasons of 50+ receptions, 3 of those were 75+. He had great short area quickness.

McConkey is bigger and faster though (straight out speed) but he has similar short area burst/quickness and is clearly a better overall talent. But most people will peg McConkey to a similar type offensive role, 3rd/slot WR who can help out on PR's as well.

Agree with you that he is unlikely to make it to our pick in round two, but it's possible.

Top Bottom