Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If we start this season with Rico Dowdle as the #1 and a member of the lollipop guild as our #2 I’m done

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Except they could have done better by now, if they weren't lazy and cheap...

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
If we start this season with Rico Dowdle as the #1 and a member of the lollipop guild as our #2 I’m done
I dont think Dowdle's numbers would be any different than Pollards last yr.

He's another guy that gets dinged up a lot though.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
a member of the lollipop guild as our #2 I’m done
If I have to warn you again about violations of the DCU Equity, Diversity and Inclusion policy you might be.

"lollipop guild" is offensive to little people.

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
When I say physical tools I mean size and arms strength. We don't knwo what Lance has between the ears or if he has "it." If Shanahan couldn't make a QB out of Lance, I doubt we will but if you factor in his age and lack of playing experience, we're taking a flyer for a 4th round pick on a guy that has the physical tools to succeed.

It's why I'm not a fan of Purdy. He's just to physically challenged to ever be a true franchise QB; he lacks the arm talent. And same with Rush. He may win you some games but he's just doesn't have the arm talent, no matter how smart he is. We should keep looking.
I agree that Purdy is physically limited, yet through hard work he makes the most of his strengths. I think that most QBs who are not drafted top 10 have physical limitations. I think San Fran ran into some unlucky plays. It happens, but San Fran could walk away from that game with their heads held up high.

I truly think Tony Romo was a better QB than Purdy, but he too had physical limitations. But similar to Purdy, both process fast. However, similar to Dak Prescott (also limited), both Romo and Dak wanted that high contract, which hampers the ability to sign players better than Nate Livings and Gary Bernadeau to mention a couple.

Given how Romo's career panned out, and all the money he is now making anyway, I wonder if Romo had to do it all over again if he would have forgone that 100 million contract in exchange for a better OL in the prime of his career.

This is what ticks me off about Dak. This is what Brock Purdy still has a chance to still do. Brock can follow the Tony Romo/Dak Prescott model of "hey, I know I'm limited, but look at my stats, PAY ME," or he can follow the Tom Brady model of "hey, I need frigging help, I'll take a little less up front and screw the constant contract restructuring".

Meanwhile, we were EMBARRASED against the Packers! Outclassed, outmatched, outcoached, out everything on our home turf where we were supposedly all-world.

In short, regardless of Purdy's shortcomings, he still has a decent chance at a ring primarily because his GM has money to spend elsewhere. Nobody remembers that Jim Plunkett wasn't really a franchise QB. It doesn't matter.

We shall see what happens with Lance. I'm not a QB whisperer. Who knows what is going on in Jerry's head. But from what I've read, Jerry truly does intend on resigning Dak Prescott.

Given the salary cap situation, I don't know how Dak and Trey will remain in Dallas in 2025 with Trey getting paid for his 5th year option. I am highly skeptical that a still young Trey Lance will not want his shot at a starting job.

I am even more skeptical that Dak will agree to take less so Jerry can give Trey his 5th year option.

So what will giving up that 4th round pick truly give us?

English Cowboy

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I am even more skeptical that Dak will agree to take less so Jerry can give Trey his 5th year option.
The Cowboys have already declined Lance's 5th year option, which would have cost them $22.4m.

As things currently stand, both Dak and Lance will be free agents in 2025.

Last edited:

Aggiepride

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Cowboys have already declined Lance's 5th year option, which would have cost them $22.4m.

As things currently stand, both Dak and Lance will be free agents in 2025.
Thanks. I haven't kept up with it. Personally, I'm disgusted with Dallas.

Apparently, the excuse is that we went "all in" last year so we are now paying the salary cap price.

If last year was all in then they fooled me. Derrick Henry was on the trading block.

Here's hoping that Overshawn is the next Lawrence Taylor and Brockman the next great center, etc.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
If I have to warn you again about violations of the DCU Equity, Diversity and Inclusion policy you might be.

"lollipop guild" is offensive to little people.
I’ll have you know that the Lollipop guild is like the ACLU for little people!

They are the champions of lil ppls rights!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
20f6c4ed31cb9358b342e6bf25989716.jpg

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
As a Cowboys fan, I'd welcome a 2nd NFL team to the Metroplex!

Dallas doesn't pick well enough in drafts or trades, to even make it to a NFC Championship Game.

Dallas Cowboys last 10 1st Round Picks:

2023 - Mazi Smith | Pick 26
DT, Michigan

2022 -Tyler Smith | Pick 24
OT, Tulsa

2021 - Micah Parsons | Pick 12
LB, Penn State

2020 - CeeDee Lamb | Pick 17
WR, Oklahoma

2019 - The Cowboys traded the 27th pick to the Oakland Raiders

2018 - Leighton Vander Esch | Pick 19
OLB, Boise State